Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,024 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? (5794 Views)

2gb Data Doesn't Even Last For A Month :Any Solution / Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? / Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Birniwa(m): 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
When I realised that almost everyone on Nairaland was into this MTN SME Data resell, I felt something within that sooner or later, MTN will find out how their customers are being 'diverted' and put an end to it, considering the fact that these third party peeps offer data bundles way cheaper than what is available from our network operators.

These networks providers are not fools and I knew they'd definitely find away to deal with this sudden surge of their data resell because in reality, it actually reduces their market share drastically.
Imagine third party data resellers sell 250MB just for as low as N400 while same data size sells for a whooping N1,000 from MTN Nigeria. That's an amazing 60% reduction from customers' end, providing them with same data qualitya and quantity.

I too got excited about this business and I already got my hands into it. But I noticed something this morning. I sold two bundles of 250MB to two customers of mine, after activation they called me and complained that they received the data share but actually MTN charges them directly from their main account instead of the SME Data Share Balance. I tried providing them with basic support like making sure they set their APN to that of MTN by default but still to no avail. To clear my doubt, I patiently wait until another customer requested for another bundle and see what happens next. To my greatest surprise, he called back too that MTN charges him directly from his main account. As I write this, I just activated another 250MB to a close friend and the story didn't change.

However, in my bid to ensure this is just a network problem, I called some customers whom I sold data to yesterday but their own was working just fine, in fact about 10 of them. It's only new activations starting from early this morning that won't just work.

My conclusion

MTN finally realise that they'll continue to hugely lose market by allowing business owners to use SME bundles and 'override' their customers by selling them data bundles at dead cheap prices.

<b>UPDATE!</b>

After careful research and observations, I finally found a solution to this, it's actually a glitch from MTN's end but could easily be resolved by a customer.

MTN SME Data <I>doesn't really work with Goody Bag Bundle</i> activated. So if u are a lover of Goody Bag voice bundle like me, make sure u wait until u exhaust ur bundle before requestiong for SME Data from any third party reseller.

<b>PROMO</b>

We're currently running a special promo exclusively for Nairaland members, so we've decided to slash down our price so that it will affordable for all.

250mb - N350
500mb - N650
750mb - N1,000
1GB - N1,200

If u're interested in this offer, do not hesitate to contact us through:
)
BBM PIN: 798C5A98

Thanks
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by wildcatter23(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
gets a chair and studies my SME data share bundle
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by obi4eze(m): 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
MTN shouldn't just try d nonsense.

1 Like

Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Birniwa(m): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
wildcatter23: gets a chair and studies my SME data share bundle

Yeah, I've done my study and found this result, let's see if someone finds something else.
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Abeg who go sell me Etisalat data plan? I wan buy 1k own. No time

1 Like

Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by bobo65(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
What re u sayin
Ish rocks like f0ck
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Uhmm guys I wanna buy 250 mb.hw do I go boud it
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Dygeasy(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
I bought this morning and I made this post with it.
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by mancheeutd(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
lol mine is blazing on edge just that it consumes more data than ordinary
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by bobo65(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
lilmaxfidel: Uhmm guys I wanna buy 250 mb.hw do I go boud it

Whatsapp 07032443577

1 Like

Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by bobo65(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
mancheeutd: lol mine is blazing on edge just that it consumes more data than ordinary

Do u think so?
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Chikebrain: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Birniwa: When I realised that almost everyone on Nairaland was into this MTN SME Data resell, I felt something within that sooner or later, MTN will find out how their customers are being 'diverted' and put an end to it, considering the fact that these third party peeps offer data bundles way cheaper than what is available from our network operators.

These networks providers are not fools and I knew they'd definitely find away to deal with this sudden surge of their data resell because in reality, it actually reduces their market share drastically.
Imagine third party data resellers sell 250MB just for as low as N400 while same data size sells for a whooping N1,000 from MTN Nigeria. That's an amazing 60% reduction from customers' end, providing them with same data qualitya and quantity.

I too got excited about this business and I already got my hands into it. But I noticed something this morning. I sold two bundles of 250MB to two customers of mine, after activation they called me and complained that they received the data share but actually MTN charges them directly from their main account instead of the SME Data Share Balance. I tried providing them with basic support like making sure they set their APN to that of MTN by default but still to no avail. To clear my doubt, I patiently wait until another customer requested for another bundle and see what happens next. To my greatest surprise, he called back too that MTN charges him directly from his main account. As I write this, I just activated another 250MB to a close friend and the story didn't change.

However, in my bid to ensure this is just a network problem, I called some customers whom I sold data to yesterday but their own was working just fine, in fact about 10 of them. It's only new activations starting from early this morning that won't just work.

My conclusion

MTN finally realise that they'll continue to hugely lose market by allowing business owners to use SME bundles and 'override' their customers by selling them data bundles at dead cheap prices.

It still works fine. Do tell your clients to either reset their APN or send "Data On" to 131. That should do the trick.

MTN is making more money from this platform so they wouldn't be stopping it in a long while. SME (Small/medium-sized enterprise) packages is targeted at people or business men and women who want to engage into business. As long as data is concerned, no Network provider is ever at loss. Moreso i think its an idea by MTN and its business section to relieve themselves of customers "wahala" because your reseller bears the burden from their clients

4 Likes

Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by mancheeutd(m): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
bobo65:

Do u think so?

I know so it consumes data than the ordinary mb n its still working perfectly check your settings incase u have a problem with ur bbm probably not opening just change your apn to blackberry.net
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Ekiseme(m): 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Says who? Still working jare!....me wey dey browse and download like say i tap person wifi
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by deeobserver209(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
MTN ripping Nigerians off since time immemorial.
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
bought last week and it's still working perfectly...

downloaded a "142mb sized" album this evening...no absurd data charges,Original pay as you go...lol
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by okonja(m): 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
Jregz: bought last week and it's still working perfectly...

downloaded a "142mb sized" album this evening...no absurd data charges,Original pay as you go...lol
abeg tell the OP oh!
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Psalmpy(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mine is. Blazing & rocking like never before.....Love it... MTN
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by OCTAVO: 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Works fine...
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by omoboy08(m): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
Why would they have to block it. Can't count number of people that have ported because of this plan and still counting. A beg make u no scare my customers ooo. This thing don sweet people die

1 Like

Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by lilbk: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2014
people ehhn!
always in a haste to comment,
Op said new subscription and some people are shouting last week last month

3 Likes

Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by J0nyb0y(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2014
Its working fine...
Typed this with it

1 Like

Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by damurphy: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
J0nyb0y: Its working fine...
Typed this with it
it depends on when you subscribe
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by vizboy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
working as hell did mine just yesterday
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by omoboy08(m): 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
I think their network might be overcrowded. Sold to fresh customer today till this evening and none has complained.
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by OCTAVO: 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by maxibrainz: 3:10am On Jun 11, 2016
Get
Airtel
100mb #100
200mb #200
1gb #500
2gb #1000
Etisalat
1gb #500
2gb #1000
GLO
10gb N2200
24gb #4300
call/whatsap 08126609722 cool
Re: MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? by Anniesdata: 1:33am On Jul 11, 2021
1GB - N290
2GB - N580
3GB - N870
4GB - N1160
5GB - N1450
10GB - N2850
15GB - N4200
25GB - N6900
35GB - N9660
50GB - N13750

For MTN only

Call/WhatsApp: 08149460842

(1) (Reply)

Why The Infinix Note 4 Pro Is Better Than The Samsung Note 8 / My Near Scam Experience / All Elephone Smart Phones Discussion Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.