Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? (49588 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others / What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 12:20am On Oct 25, 2014
Good morning this midnight to you all MTN SME Data Share resellers,
I met a shock from MTN this night while trying to share my data with a customer for a volume of 250MB. After completing the process, I got this shocking message on my screen:

"Dear Customer, you have already reached your quota of 10 maximum shares for your plan. Please purchase another plan to be allotted another 10 shares".

I thought it was an error, I checked my data balance and it was still intact with 2.09GB left. So, I decided to try it again and behold, the same shocking and sad message was the response.

Fellow MTN SME Data Share resellers, what's your own experience this night? Is this the end of MTN SME Data Share business?

Let's hear from you. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 25, 2014
Awful, nothing Gud lasts long they say. Hope it's just a minor issue Shaa. Mtn sef.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 12:36am On Oct 25, 2014
Dear fellow MTN SME Data Share resellers,
I will strongly advice that you put a hold on your planned subscription renewal, till this is cleared for this business to continue. Thank you.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Mogten(m): 1:11am On Oct 25, 2014
Abeg ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by binbass(m): 6:24am On Oct 25, 2014
I got the same message this morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 6:25am On Oct 25, 2014
samuelson06:
But I have shared to more than 10 people so far still on that same package without renewal yet.

Have you tired it again this morning? I got the same error message now.
Meanwhile I have shared this my current plan with over 80 persons alone yesterday before this restrictions by MTN. Funny thing is that their customer care refused to answer my call last night. Thank you.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 6:28am On Oct 25, 2014
binbass:
I got the same message this morning.
That means MTN has put spanner to this SME data share business by restricting it to 10 maximum shares per plan. This people are very wicked.
Good morning
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 6:31am On Oct 25, 2014
Moderators please put this thread on front page, so that more Nigerians and Nairalanders who are into this SME data share business from MTN will be delivered from the exploitation of MTN. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 6:38am On Oct 25, 2014
Dear fellow MTN SME data share subscription resellers, please let get across to one another with this development and please, put on hold any of your planned subscription renewal for now.
Meanwhile, kindly get to me on 08144845524 if you are a reseller and let's discuss. Thanks and GOD bless you all.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Osyxcel(m): 6:40am On Oct 25, 2014
This is a bad development o.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by binbass(m): 6:42am On Oct 25, 2014
Dear Customer, you have already reached your quota of 10 maximum shares for your plan. Please purchase another plan to be allotted another 10 shares.
Is this for only subscription of 10G or for all the plan? Cos I subscribe for the 10G plan.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by marcjoe(m): 6:47am On Oct 25, 2014
So bad......

I got the same message dis morning.....funny enough i still gat 60gb left.... undecided

And i checked dere plan list this morning, i noticed that the 20gb, 50gb and d 75gb plan is still there...they havent scrambled it..very useless ppl..
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2014
always see opportunity in any circumstance. it means that you guys should go n re.strategize

3 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Emmysteve(m): 6:54am On Oct 25, 2014
This is serious gobe! The only plan the keeps most people online. Mtn must be stopped from this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by yorex2011: 7:01am On Oct 25, 2014
Mtn are cowards for doing this. Despite d fact that they still make money from the huge data bundles that resellers buy from them. Mtn are useless cowards i repeat

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by heykims(m): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2014
E no go better for MTN nd NCC as a whole if truly this is real. Do we even have govt in ds country, fu..ck d presidency...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Youpele52: 7:05am On Oct 25, 2014
Someone please call don jazzy and let him know what MTN is doing to us

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luvlyoracle(m): 7:06am On Oct 25, 2014
This people are really trying hard to fustrate us. angry
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2014
binbass:
Dear Customer, you have already reached your quota of 10 maximum shares for your plan. Please purchase another plan to be allotted another 10 shares.
Is this for only subscription of 10G or for all the plan? Cos I subscribe for the 10G plan.
Across all segments
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by bobo65(m): 7:10am On Oct 25, 2014
yep
noticed DAT
I hope all those newbies in this reseller game have learnt
their lesson
we started by selling 250mb for 500 naira
because new ppl needed customers, they started reducing
prices, thereby causing traffic
ppl even sold as low as 200 naira for 250mb
mtn has done what they normally do
ripping happiness from ppl
once this current sub I'm on expires, I'm out of mtn data
share Biz for sure
ETISALAT is expensive
but they will never bring up surprises out of greed
I hate mtn
And I wish DAT company bad
and pray for their downfall
greedy bastardz

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by bobo65(m): 7:13am On Oct 25, 2014
luluosas:

Have you tired it again this morning? I got the same error message now.
Meanwhile I have shared this my current plan with over 80 persons alone yesterday before this restrictions by MTN. Funny thing is that their customer care refused to answer my call last night. Thank you.

I called customer care

the guy said he checked

that no such msg is on their site

what a useless network

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by fatdon2(m): 7:16am On Oct 25, 2014
Am Heart Broken Right Now. :-

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by eightsin(m): 7:18am On Oct 25, 2014
MTN... very stingy network. spits on my MTN sim

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2014
Got same news. Guess the way out is to start selling just in gigabyte. For instance u buy 10gb 10 ppl and u r safe
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by abdulaz: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2014
Let's just hope it's an error message.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by binbass(m): 7:29am On Oct 25, 2014
Preciousone4ril:
Got same news. Guess the way out is to start selling just in gigabyte. For instance u buy 10gb 10 ppl and u r safe
How many people will be able to pay for 1G! I think the only manageable plan for now is to sell 500MB, 750MB and 1G.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Jovie: 7:29am On Oct 25, 2014
MTN ooooo!!!!! And i have 33gb left.

I just tried sharing to someone a few minutes ago and i was told I had gotten to my maximum 10 shares per plan.

CoderXO told me MTN was bound to stop this sooner or later. I told him I can only see them putting restrictions. Lo and behold, just 2 or 3 weeks after we spoke, it has happened lipsrsealed

Just called luluosas. About to call EnterPro. Make we know whats up oo

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by fatdon2(m): 7:30am On Oct 25, 2014
abdulaz:
Let's just hope it's an error message.
Bros you dey give urself hope
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by biomedixexcel(m): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2014
That means no 250MB, 500MB or 750MB
Only 1GB......
Buy 10GB then sell in 1GB each
Let see how 1gb will be N1000
Waiting in the wing to subscribe for 10gb this morning, though I have got 14GB left
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by OCTAVO: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2014
The unnecessary ridiculous price slash by resellers caused this!
Apparently, no one can sell below 1gb at a time with this latest development. And it won't make sense to buy any plan more than 10gb anymore since one can only share 10times per plan purchased.

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by abdulaz: 7:36am On Oct 25, 2014
fatdon2:
Bros you dey give urself hope
weytin man go do nau.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned / Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) / Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.