Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,497 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:29 PM

Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox (5464 Views)

First Photos Of The "Innoson" Made-in-nigeria Saloon Cars, IVM Fox And IVM UMU / 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
You are about to see two pieces of engineering history, the first ever passenger sedans to be conceptualised, designed and built by Africans in Africa.
Say hello to the IVM Umu, named after the location of the IVM factory in Umudim, Nnewi, Anambra State, a tough, feature-packed, punchy vehicle which aims to become the symbol of the working class Naija man.
Alongside the IVM Umu is the IVM Fox, a sexy, irresistibly attractive hatchback which incorporates the toughness and performance of the Umu under a curvy, eye-catching exterior .
Prices start from N1.5 milllion.
Please visit www.innosonivm.com for more details.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by ITbomb(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Thank God they heard my cry and change the name from 'Taxi' which would have devalued the car.
Fox and Umu are good.
Did you say 1.5?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
ITbomb: Thank God they heard my cry and change the name from 'Taxi' which would have devalued the car.
Fox and Umu are good.
Did you say 1.5?
N1.5m was the figure given by the IVM CEO. So I'm going with what he said. Then again, he said 'around' N1.5m so one of them might be 1.2m, the other 1.8m, I guess we'll see.

1 Like

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
Er, mod? Sleeping are we? grin
Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by fr3do(m): 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
Yeah smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by fr3do(m): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
Shioor

Is this not worthy of the front page?

2 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
fr3do: Yeah smiley
Lol I was literally doing that when I opened the paper and saw that.
MODERATOR! How many times have I called you now??
Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
fr3do:
Shioor

Is this not worthy of the front page?
Denrele's soft, tender nip.ples are on the front page. That is so much more important than this apparently.

4 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
That ivm umu is sexy. This car would be good for taxis not that suzuki swift junk being sold. Plus the parts are readily available.

4 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Denn(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
The potential is there but it's sad innoson is crumbling under its own inefficiency.

This is the digital age.

Social media is not being deployed by this company.

Advertising is poor.

This is still a one man business....

A serious business person will soon come and reinvent innoson's idea and cash in.

Branding, advert, presence, visibility all zero

7 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
Dear Mod.

------------------

You know what I can't even be bothered again.

Whatever.

The End.
Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Dollarjunkie: 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
What a name
Next will be IVM nna, followed by IVM nne.

2 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Dollarjunkie: What a name
Next will be IVM nna, followed by IVM nne.
That would be lovely. Do you have a problem with indigenous names? If so, then I expect you to hate the Mercedes Benz Kompressor or the Nissan Qashqai or in fact any other car which has a name from its country of origin.

4 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by texazzpete(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
rickkid: You are about to see two pieces of engineering history, the first ever passenger sedans to be conceptualised, designed and built by Africans in Africa.

Apparently, being marketed by liars.
Definitely not designed or conceptualized here in Nigeria.

I'm not sure why someone somewhere has convinced himself that assembling cars is a BAD THING and thus the narrative must be spread that the cars are wholly made in Nigeria. That's an unfortunate mindset

2 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
texazzpete:

I'm not sure why someone somewhere has convinced himself that assembling cars is a BAD THING and thus the narrative must be spread that the cars are wholly made in Nigeria. That's an unfortunate mindset
And here comes the standard illiterate who does not understand that there is in fact NO difference between "assembling" vehicles and "manufacturing" vehicles.

For the purpose of educating those reading this, and not for the sake of the half literate pot washing immigrant who wrote this daft comment, let me break it down:

In vehicle manufacturing, there are 2 types of factories: component forging factories (which make individual components like engines. batteries, tyres etc) and car assembly factories where all these are then put together and tested. This entire process is what is known as "car manufacturing".

Now there is not a single vehicle maker on the planet which makes all its components by itself and then assembles them under one roof. It is expensive and uneconomical. They rather contract out parts of the manufacturing chain to other business. For example a lot of Toyota engines are made in China by Chinese firms contracted by Toyota to make engines for them. The electronics for Peugeots (French carmaker) used to be made by Pioneer (American electronics firm). After these different parts of the vehicle have been made, either in-house or by external contractors, then they are brought together and "assembled".

The vehicle "manufacturer" hence is the business which claims OWNERSHIP over the manufacturing process. For example, Toyota vehicles might be assembled in Japan using components which were made under contract in China but the finished vehicle at the end of the assembly process is then a Japanese vehicle. Toyota can either say they have "assembled" the vehicle or that they have "manufactured" it. Both terms are correct. Both terms are interchangeable. There is no difference between vehicle assembly and vehicle manufacturing. They are the same thing!

So Nigerians please stop embarrassing yourselves creating a non-existent dichotomy betwen the two. As long as the vehicle was made to your specified parameters under your managerial supervision and the design copyright is yours, it doesn't matter whether the vehicle components were brought in from Mongolia - it is still your manufacturing/assembly.

And by the way IVM sources most of its components locally. Go ask Ibeto which makes the batteries. Or the myriad of auto-related firms in Nnewi which supply seatbelts, lights, electronics, tyres and upholstery. In fact the only parts of an IVM vehicle which are not sourced locally are the engine (contracted to Mitsubishi, a Japanese firm) and the axle which is also contracted to a Japanese firm.

But your name is dumbass spit so I don't expect anything better from you.

Mockery of a human being.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by alotofgrace(m): 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
what are the specs?

does it have 3G, dual sim?

is the processor 8.5Ghz snapdragon?

is it fitted with bluetooth version 20.0?

otherwise
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1470681_0220_netiquette_png0d8ab54badfdf0783a413c1c5b909e98

2 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by agabaI23(m): 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Teacher eee. Teacher rickkid weldone.

2 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 30, 2014
Denn: The potential is there but it's sad innoson is crumbling under its own inefficiency.

This is the digital age.

Social media is not being deployed by this company.

Advertising is poor.

This is still a one man business....

A serious business person will soon come and reinvent innoson's idea and cash in.

Branding, advert, presence, visibility all zero

We're already discussing this on my unofficial Innosom Facebook page that I set up years ago.

I believe in this company, and I still do, but dem dey fall my hand. Even as much as I contact them asking (nay begging) they have never sent me a brochure or price list.

https://www./innoson/

1 Like

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 30, 2014
They look good...would make more sense if better pictures of the cars will be added to this post
Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by soloqy: 1:42am On Aug 30, 2014
@ rickkid, good one there. Hope he learns.
Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 30, 2014
Kudos to Innoson. The cars look sleek.
However, I agree with some posters that the company needs to do a lot more in the area of marketing. Most folks only hear of Innoson on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by seunfly: 3:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Good.
Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by safarigirl(f): 7:45am On Aug 30, 2014
Very good. It's about time some people stopped harrassing others on the road on top say dem get one kwashiokor car.

Sleek and affordable is what's best. There are lots of people that would want to get a car, but settle for okada due to price range. Good that Innoson is bringing something new to the automobile market.

But as it's been pointed out, their PRO and marketers should be fired. In this age of social networks, they ought to have an account on each site. They should even get one on NL where they can be showing the cars up for sale

4 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by titoetal(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Keep rolling out IVM, No shaking. I am convinced you will capture the market.

God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Giifted: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2014
I wan buy 2! Ha mush last? Wey e dey? Teh me quiik!

2 Likes

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2014
Giifted: I wan buy 2! Ha mush last? Wey e dey? Teh me quiik!
Starts from N1.5m and there is an IVM showroom at Apapa-Oshodi Expressway in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by fabulous017: 10:35am On Jan 10, 2015
texazzpete:

70 percent are lacally produced.
30 percent are imported.
Visit: businessdayonline.com/2014/12/auto-policy-gains-traction-as-innoson-unveils-ivm-fox-umu/
Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Linda331853: 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
Tezzapette I agree with you.
Cars are made via assembling parts. I used to date a Norwegian guy who used to produce tyre rims for BMW.
God bless Innoson for his venture to give Nigeria her own auto products. At least he is not a 419. He is not a ritualist. He is not a drug pusher he is not government officials who steals Nigerian funds to buy houses abroad; Such as James Ibori and the likes. Innoson used his brian to facilitate economical growth in Nigeria. Nigerian youths must look up to people like this not those who drive SUVs you do not know where the money is coming from.
Re: Officially Introducing 2014 IVM Umu And 2014 IVM Fox by Conner44: 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
texazzpete:

HATER SPOTTED

somebody should help me with that picture of a baby that did face like it just sucked 'sour' breast

(1) (Reply)

ISUZU AXIOM How Reliable Is It? / My Bad Experience With Autologic / Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.