Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) (5323 Views)

Range Rover And Mercedes C Class For Sale / Free Servicing, Free Labour And Diagnosis For Your Toyota And Mercedes / See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Folarinibrahim1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
Have been thinking lately why most igbo men like Mercedes Benz. Have seen an igbo man compound in lagos with Gwagon, S500 and a space bus R(something). I just stood there thinking What's really special about Mercedes-Benz that igbos couldn't resist.
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by mejai(m): 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
ladymercedes report here o.

nwanne.... okwa Mercedes benz or nothing. inugo?
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Folarinibrahim1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
Cc Ikenna351 Cc nurey GAZZUZZ LadyMercedes
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by AnusOdourInhaler: 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
Surely, Igbos likes the Benz.. That's their trademark
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by captainking(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
mejai:
ladymercedes report here o.

nwanne.... okwa Mercedes benz or nothing. inugo?
Hahahah.. I read from a thread... LadyMercedes uses Honda... Hhehehe...
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
cheesy grin

That's because we have impeccable taste! cool

I can't speak for all Igbo men. But, my dad LOVES Mercedes-Benz. He once owned a BMW, and a Volkswagen. After buying a Mercedes-Benz E-class W124 (the V-Boot), he said there's no way in hell he'd use another make of German machines.

I know back then, when I was much younger, if you have a Benz, you've "arrived". Especially the S-Class W140 (the Beast), the E-class (W124), and S-class W126 (Concord).

Mercedes-Benz is a very prestigious make. It's for people with TASTE! You see comparisons between Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, and Rolls Royce. I don't think I've ever seen any comparisons between BMW, or VW, or Audi, and Rolls Royce.

When you talk about class, you mention Mercedes, before Audi, or BMW. VW is child's play!

No matter how many cars you've got in your compound, if there's no Benz, you don't have any car. tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
captainking:

Hahahah.. I read from a thread... LadyMercedes uses Honda... Hhehehe...

Yes, for now. But, all in good time. I'm working towards that. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by uboma(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
@ LadyMercedes,

I beg to disagree with your points above.

BMW is a class on its own. I will always prefer it to any other German make.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Alvin007: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:
cheesy grin

I can't speak for all Igbo men. But, my dad LOVES Mercedes-Benz. He once owned a BMW, and a Volkswagen. After buying a Mercedes-Benz E-class W124 (the V-Boot), he said there's no way in hell he'd use another make of German machines.

I know back then, when I was much younger, if you have a Benz, you've "arrived". Especially the S-Class W140 (the Beast), the E-class (W124), and S-class W126 (Concord).

Mercedes-Benz is a very prestigious make. It's for people with TASTE! You see comparisons between Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, and Rolls Royce. I don't think I've ever seen any comparisons between BMW, or VW, or Audi, and Rolls Royce.

When you talk about class, you mention Mercedes, before Audi, or BMW. VW is child's play!

No matter how many cars you've got in your compound, if there's no Benz, you don't have any car. tongue

Don't get high. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by uboma(m): 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
Folarinibrahim1:
Have been thinking lately why most igbo men like Mercedes Benz. Have seen an igbo man compound in lagos with Gwagon, S500 and a space bus R(something). I just stood there thinking What's really special about Mercedes-Benz that igbos couldn't resist.

grin

The Hausa man is gradually falling in love with Mercedes Benz.
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by mejai(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:
cheesy grin

I talk am. and she no disappoint. a plate of tolotolo for u. u got me smiling on d comparisons of Benz and rolls.... rolls and odas. mmanya Ocha for u

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
uboma:
@ LadyMercedes,

I beg to disagree with your points above.

BMW is a class on its own. I will always prefer it to any other German make.

Mercedes-Benz is a class of its own too. I'd pick a Benz over a Bimmer. I'm not saying this because I'm a Mercedes-Benz enthusiast.

I'd say this though. Each car has its own uniqueness. The problem with the BMW is, the interior is virtually the same. You wouldn't know if you're driving a 3 series, or a 5 series, but the handling is superb.

Mercedes-Benz, on the other hand wasn't made for driving with style, but driving with elegance. Each class has its own unique interior design, whether it's the A, B, C, E, S, SL, R, etc.

But, Uboma, if we argue about which is better between Mercedes-Benz and BMW, we'd be here the whole week. It's a never-ending battle.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
uboma:

grin

The Hausa man is gradually falling in love with Mercedes Benz.

The rich ones ô. The rest are still in love with Honda.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by uboma(m): 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Mercedes-Benz is a class of its own too. I'd pick a Benz over a Beemer. I'm not saying this because I'm a Mercedes-Benz enthusiast.

I'd say this though. Each car has its own uniqueness. The problem with the BMW is, the interior is virtually the same. You wouldn't know if you're driving a 3 series, or a 5 series, but the handling is superb.

Mercedes-Benz, on the other hand wasn't made for driving with style, but driving with elegance. Each class has its own unique interior design, whether it's the A, B, C, E, S, SL, R, etc.

But, Uboma, if we argue about which is better between Mercedes-Benz and BMW, we'd be here the whole week. It's a never-ending battle.

lol.

I am a Bimmer fan and will always be.

BMW takes the lead while others follows behind grin

the interior of a 3 series is very different from the 5 series.

I also agree that we can go on and on if we decide to debate on this.
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by uboma(m): 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:

The rich ones ô. The rest are still in love with Honda.

I agree....
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by OMAR12: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
I don't know why BT every wealthy Igbo man house that I have been too it either u have a vintage Benz or the latest. Benz is just the sorta car u identify the Igbo with. looking to get one myself in a few years.
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
uboma:

lol.

I am a Bimmer fan and will always be.

BMW takes the lead while others follows behind grin

the interior of a 3 series is very different from the 5 series.

I also agree that we can go on and on if we decide to debate on this.

Lol.

Trust me, Mercedes-Benz Vs. BMW is a topic for another day. grin
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by king406(m): 4:47am On Oct 17, 2016
LadyMercedes:
cheesy grin

I like u already cry THE BEST OR NOTHING!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 17, 2016
king406:
I like u already cry THE BEST OR NOTHING!

Das Beste Oder Nichts! smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by ironheart(m): 6:02am On Oct 17, 2016
They have terrible road and they need a car that could manage those roads. Mercedes is the key. Its comfortable, strong, durable and the driving style is out of this world.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
LadyMercedes:
cheesy grin

Don't get too excited i love Mercedes buh a Mercedes is no match for a rolls Roy ce, its only the maybach that can be compared to a rolls Royce, and the rolls Royce still beats the maybach anyday ........a Mercedes can never be compared to a rolls Royce

u can prove me wrong by posting a comparison here
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
peterpen:

Don't get too excited i love Mercedes buh a Mercedes is no match for a rolls Roy ce, its only the maybach that can be compared to a rolls Royce, and the rolls Royce still beats the maybach anyday ........a Mercedes can never be compared to a rolls Royce

u can prove me wrong by posting a comparison here

I know that. Only a Maybach can be closely compared to a Rolls-Royce. What I'm trying to say is, there's a higher chance of a Benz being compared to a Rolls, than A BMW, or an Audi.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Jakumo(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lady Mercedes you are a woman of impeccable taste, and I raise my palm-wine keg in a toast to your vast knowledge about the history, the legend and the folklore of Mercedes cars.

Mercedes is indeed a name that commands major respect, for it is within the fabled research labs of Stuttgard, where the most highly skilled and experienced engineering teams in Germany work their alchemy to design sleek, high-performance mechanical masterpieces that grace the highways of the world, setting new, soon to be emulated benchmarks for technological innovation with every passing year.

Here are pictures of a few Mercedes cars from years gone by, that still set my heart beating faster when I look at the curves, just as is the case when I contemplate the curves of a woman in the full bloom of her feminine beauty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ol
LadyMercedes:
cheesy grin

I still find it hard to believe a lady has this handle...even going as far as calling them by their factory code names. I only come across ur kind once in a blue moon..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
platinumricky:
Ol I still find it hard to believe a lady has this handle...even going as far as calling them by their factory code names. I only come across ur kind once in a blue moon..

Lol, I'm every bit a female. I've been obsessed with cars, especially Mercedes-Benz since I was 7.

I didn't understand much back then, but for some reason, I always found Benz very fascinating!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
Jakumo:
Lady Mercedes you are a woman of impeccable taste, and I raise my palm-wine keg in a toast to your vast knowledge about the history, the legend and the folklore of Mercedes cars.

Mercedes is indeed a name that commands major respect, for it is within the fabled research labs of Stuttgard, where the most highly skilled and experienced engineering teams in Germany work their alchemy to design sleek, high-performance mechanical masterpieces that grace the highways of the world, setting new, soon to be emulated benchmarks for technological innovation with every passing year.

Here are pictures of a few Mercedes cars from years gone by, that still set my heart beating faster when I look at the curves, just as is the case when I contemplate the curves of a woman in the full bloom of her feminine beauty.

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

You're right. Mercedes is a name that commands respect! As if that wasn't enough, they went further with the Mercedes-Maybach!!! cool

The SL W129. Believe it or not, that's my favourite Mercedes-Benz.

Thanks for the photos!!!
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Lol, I'm every bit a female. I've been obsessed with cars, especially Mercedes-Benz since I was 7.

I didn't understand much back then, but for some reason, I always found Benz very fascinating!
interesting, mine started a lil earlier. Sometimes, i wish the obsession was beaten out of me... Now i have to live with it as an adult.
. I equally like benzes but my major beef with them is the way they ditched manual gearboxes in favor of autos/DCTs. This is one of the reasons i have started following BMWs. Some MBs have questionable build quality issues (especially during the 99-07 daimlerChrysler 'Dark ages').. Their new designs look cool but sadly, their cars have started having Audi-like identity crisis issues... With the new copy paste mantra. I now have difficulty differentiating between the New W213 E class and the W222 S class. What's ur take on the GLE coupe?
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 18, 2016
platinumricky:
interesting, mine started a lil earlier. Sometimes, i wish the obsession was beaten out of me... Now i have to live with it as an adult.
. I equally like benzes but my major beef with them is the way they ditched manual gearboxes in favor of autos/DCTs. This is one of the reasons i have started following BMWs. Some MBs have questionable build quality issues (especially during the 99-07 daimlerChrysler 'Dark ages').. Their new designs look cool but sadly, their cars have started having Audi-like identity crisis issues... With the new copy paste mantra. I now have difficulty differentiating between the New W213 E class and the W222 S class. What's ur take on the GLE coupe?

Yes, the new E-class and the S-class look quite similar from the front. But you could always tell the difference, before looking at the rear lights. The E-class is smaller. But I get your point. The C, E, and S have similar looks. In fact, the new models of Mercedes-Benz, except the G-class, all have similar headlamps. It was never like that before.

But, don't forget, the S-class W140, and the E-class W124 look virtually the same. The S is just significantly bigger.

I don't mind that the manual transmission was changed, I'm not a fan of manual. Lol.

The GLE Coupe... With the front like a Benz, and the rear like a BMW X6. Not a fan!
Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Jakumo(m): 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

You're right. Mercedes is a name that commands respect! As if that wasn't enough, they went further with the Mercedes-Maybach!!! cool

The SL W129. Believe it or not, that's my favourite Mercedes-Benz.

Thanks for the photos!!!

Good to hear that you are one of the discerning few that appreciates the R129 Mercedes Roadster, whose production cycle ran from 1990 to 2002. Rolling off the assembly line those Mercedes 500SL R129s commanded prices just shy of $110K USD, yet today well maintained examples of that fine car can be bought by mere mortals like me, for less than a tenth of the sticker price back when it was a rich man's toy.

The R230 roadster shown in the topmost picture here, started production in 2003, and was very easy on the eyes as well, BUT, that vehicle was equipped with the infamous and hideously complex pneumatic suspension system that also befouled virtually all top-end Mercedes V8 cars produced after the year 2000. For used car hobbyists, therefore, the R230, despite its sublime physical beauty, would cost insane amounts of money to keep on the road, should even the smallest thing go wrong with that failure-prone suspension plumbing.

For anyone fixated on V8 Mercedes power, as I am, the best used Merc bang for your buck would be the 2003 CLK500 Coupe, which is also a beauty to behold, but more importantly, has a factory suspension that is simple, basic and affordable to repair, namely shocks and springs, with no fancy hydraulic features to fail in later years.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Jakumo:

Good to hear that you are one of the discerning few that appreciates the R129 Mercedes Roadster, whose production cycle ran from 1990 to 2002. Rolling off the assembly line those Mercedes 500SL R129s were commanding prices just shy of $100K USD, yet today well maintained examples of that fine car can be bought by mere mortals like me, for less than a tenth of the price of this fine car when it was a rich man's toy.

The R230 roadster, that started production in 2003, was very easy on the eyes as well, BUT, that vehicle was equipped with the infamous and hideously complex pneumatic suspension system that also befouled virtually all top-end Mercedes V8 cars produced after the year 2000. For used car hobbyists, therefore, the R230, despite its sublime physical beauty, would cost insane amounts of money to keep on the road, should even the smallest thing go wrong with that failure-prone suspension plumbing.

For anyone fixated on V8 Mercedes power, as I am, the best used Merc bang for your buck would be the CLK500 Coupe, which is also a beauty to behold, but more importantly, has a factory suspension that is simple, basic and easy to repair, namely shocks and springs, with no fancy hydraulic features to fail in later years.

The R129 was from 1989 to 2001, while the R230 was from 2001 to 2010/11.

I prefer the W129. I'm actually thinking of buying one. But, I have no idea how much it costs.

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Jakumo(m): 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
LadyMercedes:

The R129 was from 1989 to 2001, while the R230 was from 2001 to 2010/11.

I prefer the W129. I'm actually thinking of buying one. But, I have no idea how much it costs.

Ah yes, the always mighty Shagari ( Concord Benz ), preferably powered with the bullet proof M117 V8 power plant, to make that weighty body light on its feet. Here is the 500SEC W126, a 500 SE and a 560SEL "Yakuza-Mobile", all now slowly starting to be regarded as a classic cars that, if meticulously well maintained, can appreciate in value as the years go by.

Re: Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) by Beetee1(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
simply because...
there are only to automobile in the world, Mercedes Benz and Others...

(1) (2) (Reply)

11million Naira For This Toy? Buhari Really Destroyed This Country / ... / Get Recommended PSI before you go to that "kazeem vulcanizer".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.