Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nigeria Teams Up With Mastercard On New Identity & Pay Card - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigeria Teams Up With Mastercard On New Identity & Pay Card (679 Views)

Mastercard Testing Facial Recognition Security App / Apply To 10x10, Form Teams From around The World To Challenge Global Education / How Can I Get Mastercard & Visa Card Web Apis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Teams Up With Mastercard On New Identity & Pay Card by toshodei: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nigeria will work with MasterCard Inc. (MA) to deploy a new national identity card with a payment option to help broaden access to financial services in Africa’s largest economy, President Goodluck Jonathan said.

“Following successful local and international tests, the e-card system has now taken off,” Jonathan said today at a ceremony in the capital, Abuja.

Only about 30 percent of the about 170 million population of Nigeria, Africa’s top oil producer, have bank accounts, according to the Central Bank. The National Identity Smart Card, or NeID, will operate a prepaid payment system provided by MasterCard and will serve as a “platform with which we can achieve financial inclusion for the unbanked population,” Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, told reporters.

Link ~> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-28/nigeria-teams-up-with-mastercard-on-new-identity-and-pay-card.html
Re: Nigeria Teams Up With Mastercard On New Identity & Pay Card by asalimpo(m): 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
You,sir, ar a doing a great deal helpg us stay infrmed about infrmation around d wrld. Keep up d good wrk.

I'm sure most coders here wud b readg stuff like this here only, cuz this is d only room they visit.

Keep up d good wrk. Publish more relevant info.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Teams Up With Mastercard On New Identity & Pay Card by toshodei: 12:00am On Aug 30, 2014
asalimpo: You,sir, ar a doing a great deal helpg us stay infrmed about infrmation around d wrld. Keep up d good wrk.

I'm sure most coders here wud b readg stuff like this here only, cuz this is d only room they visit.

Keep up d good wrk. Publish more relevant info.

Although we don't know each other, you and I are complements on the same team. We balance each other out. I post new info and you comment with new knowledge. I've learnt alot from you from comments you have made on people's posts. Please keep up the good work as well. Have A Good Friday & A Great Weekend Ahead.

(1) (Reply)

NAIRALAND (26) / #special Offer / Andre5 Where Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.