Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here (9299 Views)

Oil And Gas Training (cad, Pdms, P&id, Autoplant, Hysys) In Abuja / SIWES - Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (undergraduate) / Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hi guys, I have search through the site for threads and topics related to this and have found very little.
I want to believe we have people on here who are proficient in design softwares firm the very basic ones to the advanced ones, as well as people who do bit for a living.
People who I have met in this field are mostly architects, so I am just wondering if we have them out there. Engineers who are in to design and draughting, in the big companies as well as small companies to just freelance.
I am going to be sharing, some of my work. And that of others, if you are also in this field please share with us some of your work or at least drop some comments to help motivate others that are trying to find a place in this field.

Please state the software you proficient in. Thank you

I am proficient in Sketchup, rhino3d, AutoCAD, Solidworks. Had chance to learn 3dsmax, ArchiCAD, maya and some other architectural CAD software but I didn't. I am an engineer, so I decided to stick to the engineering stuff.

5 Likes

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by Emmafrancis: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
Am a marine engineering student. I use CAD often. Am good to some extend with autocad. I hope to learn from others with more experiences too. OP thanks for coming up with this thread

1 Like

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Emmafrancis: Am a marine engineering student. I use CAD often. Am good to some extend with autocad. I hope to learn from others with more experiences too. OP thanks for coming up with this thread
That's cool. Always wanted to do the marine thing, still do. Do you have any work you can share with us?

1 Like

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 6:40am On Aug 30, 2014
taiwolusol
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 7:36am On Aug 30, 2014
I started off, with autocad as almost everybody(engineer). And then moved to sketchup, that was the first time I did anything in 3D and I lived it, ever since I have tried to improve and keep updated. I don't have my initial drawings or most of the things u did, some I have lost while others I backed up where I can't remember.

Thus is from when I was learning rhino3d. It's a nice software, very easy. Having all four views was just extra awesome and the interface is very friendly.

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 30, 2014
Needful thread *following*
I am a Mechanical Engineer and i use AutoCad, Inventor and PDMS.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by abvkollections(f): 8:34am On Aug 30, 2014
Hello all,nice thread, pls who can teach me CAD software in parttern drafting? I want to sketch some clothe design.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 8:35am On Aug 30, 2014
taiwolusol: Needful thread *following*
I am a Mechanical Engineer and i use AutoCad, Inventor and PDMS.
Welcome, that's nice. I wanted to try the PDMS, but at that time it didn't really feel like what I wanted. Hopefully I'll pick it up soon. Haven't tried inventor.
Can you share with us your inventor designs?
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by yinkeys(m): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2014
Finally a thread useful to my CAD skills. Learnt Autocad 2d & 3d in 2009. I studied petroleum engineering, to be honest I don't know what to do with it(AUTOCAD). Can any expert on here share/post company & advanced drawings with dimensions for nairalanders looking to be perfect @ CAD.Am willing to learn because all I have been able to lay my hands on since 2009 is the Engineering Drawing 1 by PICKUP & PARKER. That's what I use to practice occasionally.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2014
yinkeys: Finally a thread useful to my CAD skills. Learnt Autocad 2d & 3d in 2009. I studied petroleum engineering, to be honest I don't know what to do with it(AUTOCAD). Can any expert on here share/post company & advanced drawings with dimensions for nairalanders looking to be perfect @ CAD.Am willing to learn because all I have been able to lay my hands on since 2009 is the Engineering Drawing 1 by PICKUP & PARKER. That's what I use to practice occasionally.
I guess it depends on which area in a company you work and your job description. Most people after they learn never go back to open the software again let alone practice on them. I commend you for that. Anyways I can't speak from a professional view but I know they play an intricate part in the design aspect of a project. Believe, me it is being used by top companies.

I have always worked on ascetics and things I find laying around to improve my skills, but just some days ago I decided to do something technical. I downloaded this pics from the Internet reproduce it. Even though I couldn't get the ones with dimensions and a lot of information, I was still able to draw something up.

It's a pressure valve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2014
Here's what I was able to do.

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2014
I just hope the professionals will drop some comments.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by yinkeys(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2014
XketchDesigns:
I guess it depends on which area in a company you work and your job description. Most people after they learn never go back to open the software again let alone practice on them. I commend you for that. Anyways I can't speak from a professional view but I know they play an intricate part in the design aspect of a project. Believe, me it is being used by top companies.

I have always worked on ascetics and things I find laying around to improve my skills, but just some days ago I decided to do something technical. I downloaded this pics from the Internet reproduce it. Even though I couldn't get the ones with dimensions and a lot of information, I was still able to draw something up.

It's a pressure valve.
Do.pe drawing. Youth Corper though, not gainfully employed yet. Thanx for uploading this picture, although it would have been a lot more appreciated if dimensions were included.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2014
yinkeys: Dope drawing. Youth Corper though, not gainfully employed yet. Thanx for uploading this picture, although it would have been a lot more appreciated if dimensions were included.
Yeah, I will do that, probably later today and upload it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't share with us ur practice work.

Even if it's just a box you know how to draw, please share. We are all here to gain knowledge from each other.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by yinkeys(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2014
Thanks alot. Seen other details you included. Vital component on wellheads
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
yinkeys: Thanks alot. Seen other details you included. Vital component on wellheads
Don't mention, anytime bro.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
This was also with sketchup, it was a pair of head phones lying around the house.

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
This is my old phone, a lumia 720

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
More of the phone. Lumia

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by Emmafrancis: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
XketchDesigns: I started off, with autocad as almost everybody(engineer). And then moved to sketchup, that was the first time I did anything in 3D and I lived it, ever since I have tried to improve and keep updated. I don't have my initial drawings or most of the things u did, some I have lost while others I backed up where I can't remember.

Thus is from when I was learning rhino3d. It's a nice software, very easy. Having all four views was just extra awesome and the interface is very friendly.

Wow. I will need your help here too. Am fascinated aabout rhino3d. I have rhino version 5. But I don't have a license key, any idea how to get it?

1 Like

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
Emmafrancis:

Wow. I will need your help here too. Am fascinated aabout rhino3d. I have rhino version 5. But I don't have a license key, any idea how to get it?
Do a search on the Internet, it might take some time. It usually not easy to find, but if you search well you will get it. Most times you have to download the software and licence together. Because, they are mostly in a zip file.
How long have you been using it?
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by Emmafrancis: 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Do a search on the Internet, it might take some time. It usually not easy to find, but if you search well you will get it. Most times you have to download the software and licence together. Because, they are mostly in a zip file.
How long have you been using it?
Finally this evening, I was able to get a serial key and validation code. Thanks. Am just starting with it. I downloaded some tutorial videos from youtube. From the little ve seen so far, rhino is easier and straight forward compare to autocard 3d.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
Emmafrancis:
Finally this evening, I was able to get a serial key and validation code. Thanks. Am just starting with it. I downloaded some tutorial videos from youtube. From the little ve seen so far, rhino is easier and straight forward compare to autocard 3d.
Way way wayyyyyy easier bro! I stopped using it but at some point I wanted to go back to it. It still remains my favorite, the interface is very friendly.
I like especially when you can type in a command and it bring up a list and you choose from.

Eg
You type E-X-T

And it brings a list with every command with ext
Extrude surface
Extrude crv
Extrude.....

And you pick what you want, you get to explore as a result of this and learn more.

And that 4 view/plane at same time is also awesome!

You can share with us your drawings. Will appreciate.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Flash light.

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
The first thing I drew on solidworks, had to get use to a new interface and learning a lot of new things.
Funny enough, a green bottle is what I drew. Hahaha.. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by joelreg(m): 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
Am Engineering Surveyor I use Autocad 3d civil to design road,landscaping and treating my survey Data
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 6:18am On Sep 03, 2014
joelreg: Am Engineering Surveyor I use Autocad 3d civil to design road,landscaping and treating my survey Data

Lovely, welcome sir.
I have not had any experience with that, it sounds interesting and challenging though.
Do you mind giving us a glimpse as what you do in drawing? Thanks
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by Dharmmieojo(m): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2014
Guys am an architecture student I knw archicad buh my redering on it is pooor wana learn revit nd rendering tools like sketchup nd 3dmax (architecture bsed) any1 out here who can help am based n lag @least bfor sch resumes by oct
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2014
Dharmmieojo: Guys am an architecture student I knw archicad buh my redering on it is pooor wana learn revit nd rendering tools like sketchup nd 3dmax (architecture bsed) any1 out here who can help am based n lag @least bfor sch resumes by oct
SketchUP and 3dsmax are design softwares and not rendering tools, you can only install a render plugin like flamingo, brazil, Vray, keyshot, indigo etc. Depending on which works best for you, But I think Vray is nice.
Would have loved to help but I am engineering oriented.
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by XketchDesigns(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2014
IPhone
And
Iron Man helment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by Dharmmieojo(m): 10:17am On Sep 03, 2014
XketchDesigns:
SketchUP and 3dsmax are design softwares and not rendering tools, you can only install a render plugin like flamingo, brazil, Vray, keyshot, indigo etc. Depending on which works best for you, But I think Vray is nice.
Would have loved to help but I am engineering oriented.

Tnks bro for ur responds
Re: 3D CAD Softwares, Draughtsman, Industrial Designer, Concept Design Enter Here by ajsans: 11:58am On Sep 04, 2014
Sup guys.am an electrical engineering student.really want to learn electrical design with AutoCAD. Am dine learning the basic i.e 2d.don't know what next I shld learn.any advice pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interested In IATA Certification! / Ican, Acca & Cisa Tutorial Centre In Portharcourt / Self-employment Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.