Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File (9007 Views)

How To Recover Any Bricked Android Device / Unbrick your tecno f7 now / Solution To ANY soft/hard Bricked Android Phones/tablets, Blackberry's, PS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File by Tobtex(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
How to unbrick your "font bricked" easily

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE MADE TO YOUR PHONE[LIKE SAY E NEVER DAMAGE BEFORE LOOOOL] AS A RESULT OF FOLLOWING THIS TUTORIAL, IT DOESN'T MEAN THIS TUTORIAL WILL DAMAGE YOUR PHONE, ON THE CONTRARY, IT WILL SAVE IT. IT IS SIMPLE TO FOLLOW, SO HAVE FUN UNBRICKING THAT TOY smiley

NOTE: This tutorial is basically for those who have happened to brick their phones while trying to install a font either by directly copying it to the \system\fonts\ folder using a superuser file manager like X-Plore, ESFile Explorer, Root Explorer and the likes or by an automated way using a font manager application like iFont, Font Changer, Font Installer or any other MODed android application. Bottom line is, you were trying to install a font and your phone wouldn't boot up again after a reboot. Who send you? LoL :p

I'll divide this tutorial into two methods

METHOD 1: ADB (For those who like to play around with command prompts like me)

Tested on HTC Phone with 4ext and TWRP recoveries (Will work with any phone with TWRP)

Cannot guarantee STOCK and CWM but I believe it will work, not tested yet. [Sorry I don't use CWM, na boring recovery for me, it is not touch screen, it destroys my volume and power buttons] Ok Enough of the recovery story.

! This method assumes you have a custom recovery

! This method assumes you understand what adb means and have the basic knowledge of how it works and how to set it up.

! In case this tutorial is a duplicate, well I don't mind if the administrators bring my notice to it, I'm not God, I can't know all topics which already existed on here.

! I figured this procedure sometime back in my room and I know an adb intermediate would relate well to this. Without further ado, here we go guys!

I REPEAT: IF YOU HAVE 4EXT OR TWRP RECOVERIES INSTALLED, FOLLOW (you must have had adb set up already. Visit here to set it up)

1. Reboot into recovery

2. Select Mounts and Storage [if you cannot find that option, it should be under "advanced" settings]

3. Mount the \system partition (if it shows "unmount \system", it means the system partition is already mounted, proceed to next step)

4. Connect your phone to computer

5. Open command prompt

6. Now enter the following command codes adb devices [it should show a serial number and the word "recovey"] i.e "SH3463I429642732 recovery" if you get a "device not found" or no devices attached. Then you haven't set up the adb well. If you didn't get an error, proceed to next command line

adb push Roboto-Regular.ttf \system\fonts

adb push Roboto-Bold.ttf \system\fonts

adb push Roboto-Italic.ttf \system\fonts

adb reboot

Viola!!! Your phone is back... Nothing missing, Nothing broken, Nothing Lacking. NOTE: All three roboto fonts can be gotten here in the RobotoFonts archive. Just extract after download. Enjoy.

PART 2: Flashing ZIP file

! Yes this tutorial assumes you have a custom recovery installed too or a recovery that can flash zip archives. smiley

! And yes, it is very simple and straighforward

! AND YES IT IS FOR THE LAZY NOOBS OUT THERE TOO :p

1. Download the "Flashme" file and copy to the SD of your Android phone

2. Boot into recovery mode

3. Select "Install zip from SD"

4. Select the "Flashme.zip" file

5. After flashing, (It takes 1sec or less) reboot your phone and you should be good to go. Majority of people will fall in love with this second method. lol

PLEASE AND PLEASE, THE TUTORIAL IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED INSTALLING A FONT AND GOT THEIR PHONES INTO A BOOTLOOP. IF YOU HAVE BRICKED YOUR PHONE VIA A DIFFERENT METHOD, BIKO NO COME WORRY ME FOR MY THREAD. AND IN CASE YOU WAN COPY AND PASTE MY TUTORIAL, BIKO PUT REFERENCE, E MEAN SOMETHING AT LEAST. ONE LOVE MY PEOPLE.

If you are having a problem setting up your adb, contact me on whatsapp 07064330214. *zooms off on my scooter*

BIKO, THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR YOU WHO ALREADY HAS A CUSTOM RECOVERY INSTALLED AND YOU WANNA SAVE YOURSELF THE STRESS OF LOSING FILES EITHER BY REFLASHING ROM OR RESTORING AND "OLD" BACKUP WHICH WILL TAKE YOU TO A SETTING IN THE PAST

1 Like

Re: Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File by AwesomeRomeo: 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Tobtex:
How to unbrick your "font bricked" easily

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE MADE TO YOUR PHONE[LIKE SAY E NEVER DAMAGE BEFORE LOOOOL] AS A RESULT OF FOLLOWING THIS TUTORIAL, IT DOESN'T MEAN THIS TUTORIAL WILL DAMAGE YOUR PHONE, ON THE CONTRARY, IT WILL SAVE IT. IT IS SIMPLE TO FOLLOW, SO HAVE FUN UNBRICKING THAT TOY smiley

NOTE: This tutorial is basically for those who have happened to brick their phones while trying to install a font either by directly copying it to the \system\fonts\ folder using a superuser file manager like X-Plore, ESFile Explorer, Root Explorer and the likes or by an automated way using a font manager application like iFont, Font Changer, Font Installer or any other MODed android application. Bottom line is, you were trying to install a font and your phone wouldn't boot up again after a reboot. Who send you? LoL :p

I'll divide this tutorial into two methods

METHOD 1: ADB (For those who like to play around with command prompts like me)

Tested on HTC Phone with 4ext and TWRP recoveries (Will work with any phone with TWRP)

Cannot guarantee STOCK and CWM but I believe it will work, not tested yet. [Sorry I don't use CWM, na boring recovery for me, it is not touch screen, it destroys my volume and power buttons] Ok Enough of the recovery story.

! This method assumes you have a custom recovery

! This method assumes you understand what adb means and have the basic knowledge of how it works and how to set it up.

! In case this tutorial is a duplicate, well I don't mind if the administrators bring my notice to it, I'm not God, I can't know all topics which already existed on here.

! I figured this procedure sometime back in my room and I know an adb intermediate would relate well to this. Without further ado, here we go guys!

I REPEAT: IF YOU HAVE 4EXT OR TWRP RECOVERIES INSTALLED, FOLLOW (you must have had adb set up already. Visit here to set it up)

1. Reboot into recovery

2. Select Mounts and Storage [if you cannot find that option, it should be under "advanced" settings]

3. Mount the \system partition (if it shows "unmount \system", it means the system partition is already mounted, proceed to next step)

4. Connect your phone to computer

5. Open command prompt

6. Now enter the following command codes adb devices [it should show a serial number and the word "recovey"] i.e "SH3463I429642732 recovery" if you get a "device not found" or no devices attached. Then you haven't set up the adb well. If you didn't get an error, proceed to next command line

adb push Roboto-Regular.ttf \system\fonts

adb push Roboto-Bold.ttf \system\fonts

adb push Roboto-Italic.ttf \system\fonts

adb reboot

Viola!!! Your phone is back... Nothing missing, Nothing broken, Nothing Lacking. NOTE: All three roboto fonts can be gotten here in the RobotoFonts archive. Just extract after download. Enjoy.

PART 2: Flashing ZIP file

! Yes this tutorial assumes you have a custom recovery installed too or a recovery that can flash zip archives. smiley

! And yes, it is very simple and straighforward

! AND YES IT IS FOR THE LAZY NOOBS OUT THERE TOO :p

1. Download the "Flashme" file and copy to the SD of your Android phone

2. Boot into recovery mode

3. Select "Install zip from SD"

4. Select the "Flashme.zip" file

5. After flashing, (It takes 1sec or less) reboot your phone and you should be good to go. Majority of people will fall in love with this second method. lol

PLEASE AND PLEASE, THE TUTORIAL IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED INSTALLING A FONT AND GOT THEIR PHONES INTO A BOOTLOOP. IF YOU HAVE BRICKED YOUR PHONE VIA A DIFFERENT METHOD, BIKO NO COME WORRY ME FOR MY THREAD. AND IN CASE YOU WAN COPY AND PASTE MY TUTORIAL, BIKO PUT REFERENCE, E MEAN SOMETHING AT LEAST. ONE LOVE MY PEOPLE.

If you are having a problem setting up your adb, contact me on whatsapp 07064330214. *zooms off on my scooter*

BIKO, THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR YOU WHO ALREADY HAS A CUSTOM RECOVERY INSTALLED AND YOU WANNA SAVE YOURSELF THE STRESS OF LOSING FILES EITHER BY REFLASHING ROM OR RESTORING AND "OLD" BACKUP WHICH WILL TAKE YOU TO A SETTING IN THE PAST
Pls bro, i have bricked my HTC T528w when trying to install font and i dont have custom recovery, how can i unbrick it? Tanx.
Re: Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File by Homguy(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2015
good day bro.please help out.there's a boot loop on my Samsung galaxy s duos while trying to install I fonts. worst thing is I don't have a back. pls what's is the way forward? I found out also that it uses an mtech processor. soi guess, its cloned. how can I solve this bootloop problem
Re: Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File by hovatek: 9:42am On Jan 06, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls bro, i have bricked my HTC T528w when trying to install font and i dont have custom recovery, how can i unbrick it? Tanx.

google Auto Font Unbricker and try it
Re: Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File by AwesomeRomeo: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2015
post=29535755:

google Auto Font Unbricker and try it
Pls bro help me with a downloading link for d auto font unbricker,I tried registering in d forum but is always saying website is off line. Pls help!
Re: Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
tobtex help..
my tecno s9 hangs on tecno...

tried flashing it didnt work.... cry
Re: Tutorial: How To Unbrick Your "Font-bricked" Android Via Adb/flashing Zip File by Emerson101: 7:53am On Jun 01, 2015
Are you in Abuja mararaba karu nyanya etc and u want to learn phone software engineering or u want all kinds of phone cracked softwares for flashing rooting imel generator name it or u want to flash ur phone android phones black berry z10 q10 all black berry phone's Nokia iPhone flashing and unlocking etc.partten unlocking of every phone imel code changing.unbricking ur phone's etc even android HD games psp android games ps2 games music and video transfer just don't waste any more time call engineer samuel on 07035235702 or 08115561135 or add me on whatsapp with my mtn line just don't waste any more time call me now

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About Techno Al86 I Cant Find The 3g Network / Infinix Surf Smart X350 Specifications. / My Power Bank Fell Inside Water. What Can I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.