Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nnamdi Azikiwe University Undergraduate Skips Exam For Guilder Ultimate Search - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Undergraduate Skips Exam For Guilder Ultimate Search (522 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Meet The 10-year-old Nigerian University Undergraduate / Candid Rants: Co-Habitation In The University (Undergraduate "Nnanyi" Syndrome) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe University Undergraduate Skips Exam For Guilder Ultimate Search by solaugo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2014

The Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) 11, regional selection exercises which started on Saturday, August 2, ended on Saturday, August 17.

Among the thousands of individuals that trooped to the Awka Township Stadium was Ndubuisi Christian Uchechukwu, a 21 year old Nnamdi Azikiwe University undergraduate. One of his second semester examination papers was fixed on the first day of the Gulder Ultimate Search regional screening. The Electronics and Computer Engineering undergraduate however preferred to test his luck with GUS rather than going to his tertiary institution to take his exam.

When asked why he chose to risk his studies for GUS trials, he said: “It’s not that GUS is more important than my exams. I’ve actually been planning my participation in Gulder Ultimate Search 11 for eight months. I spent this time training and exercising in the gym. While I was registering for the course, I had no idea it will clash with my exams. But since it did, I told myself I must make sure I participate with the hope of emerging the Ultimate Man. I just couldn’t give up just like that after all the time and effort.

He however added that he had high scores in the continuous assessment of that course; hence he was sure he would pass even if he missed the exam. He however did not scale through the regional exercise and so still had ample time to meet up with his exams.

Kenneth Ofokansi’s experience also made an intriguing tale. When the 27 year old graduate of Pure and Industrial Chemistry of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, heard about Gulder Ultimate Search 11, he approached his pastor for advice.

He said: “My pastor told me, go, it is well, you are going to make it.” When asked if he drinks alcohol, the one-time Youth President of his church answered in the affirmative. Kenneth said drinking alcohol becomes a sin only if it is taken in excess.

The Gulder Ultimate regional auditions were held in Awka and Port Harcourt this year for the first time in the annals of the show. The selection exercises were also held in Benin and Lagos.

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/student-skips-exam-for-guilder-ultimate-search-another-said-his-pastor-pray-for-him-to-win/
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Undergraduate Skips Exam For Guilder Ultimate Search by redcliff: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Tufia. So because someone skipped exam fr gus its now news? You web journalists are running out of ideas quick. Damn.

(1) (Reply)

Waec Result 2014 Complain Centre / instant solution on WASSCE GCE 2014 / Thank God For Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.