Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,710 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) (4233 Views)

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM) Launches An Auto Finance Scheme / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Ikengawo: 12:33am On Aug 30, 2014

Innoson to roll out new cars in April
Tajudeen Adebanjo
March 17, 2014

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited (IVM), Nnewi, Anambra State will in April roll out two sedans – IVM Fox and IVM Amazon.
The cars will be the fore-runners of a total of five passenger vehicles expected out of the plant.

It is in response to the new Automotive Policy of the government, designed to facilitate the production of affordable vehicles in the country.
Powered by a 1.5 litre Mitsubishi engine, Fox is a B-segment sedan with a hatchback version, both of which are driven by either a four-speed automatic or five-speed manual transmission.

Occupants of the Fox have a very friendly interior ambiance, thanks to the well contoured seats, ample legroom and headroom, and an air-conditioning system.

The Amazon, has under the bonnet a two-litre engine (featuring an inbuilt turbocharger) which works in tandem with a four-speed automatic transmission or a five-speed manual gearbox.

Both Fox and Amazon have sleek and attractive design which will appeal to both corporate buyers desirous of reliable sedans that are affordable with low maintenance cost.

“For instance, customers who are going to buy the vehicles will be amazed at their fuel economy and driving,” said the Chairman of Innoson Group, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, while speaking on the cars. He added: “I am sure a lot of people will be impressed by the performance of the cars.”

IVM Phoenix, the latest SUV from the Innoson plant, will go into the market as smoothly as hot knife goes through butter, if the trail of acceptance blazed by its predecessor models is anything to go by. Code-named SUV 6, Phoenix is also powered by a high-performing 2.4-litre Mitsubishi engine, said to have fuel efficiency – like its siblings – as its hallmark.

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) last month approved the purchase of 44 units of Innoson SUV for the SURE-P programme, thereby borrowing a leave from the Anambra state government which procured many units last year for traditional rulers in the area, and many other corporate and individual buyers.

Phoenix seats seven adults comfortably – same number of seats as IVM Heritage, a Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV) with a 2.0 engine connected to an automatic or manual transmission.

“We are glad that we have been able to keep our promise of producing what the market desires. We also appreciate the patronage from government and transporters, corporate organisations and individual buyers. It is this kind of support that encourages us to do what we are doing,” Chief Chikwuma said.

He said his company and other local manufacturers are also encouraged by the move by the Federal Government to revive the industry through the automotive policy.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/innoson-roll-new-cars-april/

1 Like

Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by ola6: 12:36am On Aug 30, 2014
Op please do you have more pictures?! Looking good already...
Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Firefire(m): 12:53am On Aug 30, 2014
I have made calls to Innoson on their SUV, Only One Brand (G5) 2.4L available - #4.5m

Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Ikengawo: 1:07am On Aug 30, 2014
All i can find are the sketches, you'll just have to wait till april wink

but if you look at the design, it's very closely based on the SUV that's already in the market
Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by ola6: 1:18am On Aug 30, 2014
^^^
How I just wish Innoson gets serious by moving it down to Lasgidi. I only see a very few in Lagos but with Anambra plates. Also, he needs to invest in publicity and adverts. The FG has helped him greatly compared to his competitors(I know of one leyland or whatever in Ibadan but that guy is not serious. Just buses for government patronage? Talk about laziness and lack of creativity. Although, LASG has patronised him greatly) but he now needs to explore and exploit ways to truly consolidate the market by increasing variety, reducing the prices and increase the distribution outlets.

Lastly, he needs, if he can, increase production rate and hence flood the market with his cars. Can't wait for the sedan though....

1 Like

Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 30, 2014
Ikengawo: All i can find are the sketches, you'll just have to wait till april wink

but if you look at the design, it's very closely based on the SUV that's already in the market
For the love of God pls stop spreading false info. If you don't know something just keep quiet abeg.
Two IVM sedan models are already out and you're busy saying wait till April. Or you didn't look at the date on the article you posted to see that it's from March?

3 Likes

Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 30, 2014
ola6: ^^^
How I just wish Innoson gets serious by moving it down to Lasgidi. I only see a very few in Lagos but with Anambra plates. Also, he needs to invest in publicity and adverts. The FG has helped him greatly compared to his competitors(I know of one leyland or whatever in Ibadan but that guy is not serious. Just buses for government patronage? Talk about laziness and lack of creativity. Although, LASG has patronised him greatly) but he now needs to explore and exploit ways to truly consolidate the market by increasing variety, reducing the prices and increase the distribution outlets.

Lastly, he needs, if he can, increase production rate and hence flood the market with his cars. Can't wait for the sedan though....
Pls you too stop saying what you don't know. IVM has a showroom in Lagos at Oshodi-Apapa expressway, it's not their fault you haven't been there. And when your demand consistently overshoots your supply, what business do you have advertising instead of expanding production? Isn't that was IVM has been doing this year? They got a $20m loan from AFREXIM Bank to expand their factory, where were you when this was happening?
All you do is sit in your room and criticise aimlessly without even having knowledge of what you are criticising.
Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by ola6: 1:57am On Aug 30, 2014
rickkid: Pls you too stop saying what you don't know. IVM has a showroom in Lagos at Oshodi-Apapa expressway, it's not their fault you haven't been there. And when your demand consistently overshoots your supply, what business do you have advertising instead of expanding production? Isn't that was IVM has been doing this year? They got a $20m loan from AFREXIM Bank to expand their factory, where were you when this was happening?
All you do is sit in your room and criticise aimlessly without even having knowledge of what you are criticising.

Rickkid,

As a customer, once another company/shop provides what I want at my door step or closely why should I go all the way to Oshodi? How many show rooms does IVM have in Lagos ? One show room for 21 million people ba? So people on the Island who can probably afford these cars more than the mainlanders should go all the way to Oshodi to buy car? Please be objective.

Demand from who? FG probably but not Nigerians. Hence my initial statement that the FG really boasted him. To compete on even grounds, IVM might not stand because it has ignored the individual buyers which is important. Or are you telling me the 100 people that buy his vehicles a year means demand have overshot supply abi ki ni eleyi nso?

All I want is a Nigerian brand that can compete with other brands, and if possible, export her vehicles to other neighboring countries. What if GEJ leaves Tomorrow and no more government patronage? Can he stand? Who will buy? Do you now see my point? Now is the time not later but NOW!

Anyway sha, he needs more presence in Lagos. My advise...

2 Likes

Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 30, 2014
ola6:

Rickkid,

As a customer, once another company/shop provides what I want at my door step or closely why should I go all the way to Oshodi? How many show rooms does IVM have in Lagos ? One show room for 21 million people ba? So people on the Island who can probably afford these cars more than the mainlanders should go all the way to Oshodi to buy car? Please be objective.

Demand from who? FG probably but not Nigerians. Hence my initial statement that the FG really boasted him. To compete on even grounds, IVM might not stand because it has ignored the individual buyers which is important. Or are you telling me the 100 people that buy his vehicles a year means demand have overshot supply abi ki ni eleyi nso?

All I want is a Nigerian brand that can compete with other brands, and if possible, export her vehicles to other neighboring countries. What if GEJ leaves Tomorrow and no more government patronage? Can he stand? Who will buy? Do you now see my point? Now is the time not later but NOW!

Anyway sha, he needs more presence in Lagos. My advise...
Bros Innoson is the man who conquered Nigeria's motorbike business. He knows what he's doing. I am vvery sure of that.
All these things will come with time.
Btw read through this thread again. The focus is no longer on govt patronage.

1 Like

Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by ak47mann(m): 2:55am On Aug 30, 2014
You can find IVM in most west african countries just that you don't pay attention enough to notice cool
Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by manny4life(m): 2:57am On Aug 30, 2014
@rickkid,

Why are you being antagonistic? If someone is wrong about something, you simply correct rather than being rude and arrogant about it... Abeg chill jare, after all we're all happy for him and definitely want him to succeed. There's no success without friendly criticism, but please, respectfully state your facts. We are here to learn from one another.

6 Likes

Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Nobody: 3:00am On Aug 30, 2014
manny4life: @rickkid,

Why are you being antagonistic? If someone is wrong about something, you simply correct rather than being rude and arrogant about it... Abeg chill jare, after all we're all happy for him and definitely want him to succeed. There's no success without friendly criticism, but please, respectfully state your facts. We are here to learn from one another.
Noted sir.

1 Like

Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2014
Finally something 2 call our own
Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by passion007: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
Is the IVM Fox the budget ride we've been expecting? The one that's supposed to be sub-1.5M. If so, it's looking good, mehn.
Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
ola6:
^^^

bro you are on point
Re: The IVM Fox Debutes (innoson's Consumer Class Sedan) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
i hop d car na correct ooo....i will like to go to their show room jst to check it out....

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need Help On My Honda Odyssey / A/c Condenser Gets Very Hot Yet A/c Not Cooling Well / Engine Number Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.