Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

$44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin (47230 Views)

Latest Oil Price: $44 per Barrel - Crisis Looming / Osama Bin Ladin Is Not Dead(says Son) / Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by MrCrackles(m): 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2008
i hope they catch him, confiscate all the money and lock him up for good!
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by OBVIOUS(m): 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2008
He's probably figuring out a way to ungergo sex change, like that Nigerian governor in London. L O L.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by skfa1: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2008
O Boy shocked
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
OBVIOUS:

He's probably figuring out a way to ungergo sex change, like that Nigerian governor in London. L O L.
Alams, grin grin grin
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by ifyalways(f): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2008
@Disguy,i meant his brains and intelligence.
he cud have used it for something positive and legal and at same time rewarding cashwise.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by Agboola1(m): 11:25pm On Oct 28, 2008
texazzpete

if you look properly at my posts i dont insult people and dont like to be insulted, this forum is interractive enough fo learning not an avenue for insults and condemning each other. my candid advice is for you to watch your words. i am old and matured enough to know what to say and when to say, i also listen to good advices and constructive critism.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by grafikdon: 12:54am On Oct 29, 2008
@ Agboola1, that's Texazzpete for you . . . ever ready to unleash the most deadly barrage of inflammatory and derogatory retorts, even in situations where a simple " I beg to differ. . ." would have sufficed.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by citizenY(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2008
@ Quota and ilk, if na other people now una go begin vibrate. So much for intelligence, in the negative direction.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by fesReality: 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2008
It has happened, it has happened, there is nothing in this world that can change it. Only solution is to arrest him. Interrogate him and investigate the crime. The FBI should have their own investigation and also other secret agents in some other country, cos i strongly believe that top USA officials are involved in this crime also bankers over there,
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by Ibime(m): 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2008
Igbo man! I clap for the guy! Who am I to judge him? He did well jare. . . . . he should come home to Nigeria and relax with his stolen loot. . . . . it is not today that Italian Mafia have been running operations in Yankee, yet they never gave Italy a bad name. . . . . so why should this guy give Naija bad name?. . . . he should be applauded for his audacity. Bros, na you biko!
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by blackspade(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2008
I don't like the bad publicity he's giving us Nigerians, but bruvva got his hustle on, who am I to judge?

People shouldn't be so dumb to fall for scams, and I agree with the poster above when he talks of Italy.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2008
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by texazzpete(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2008
Agboola1:

texazzpete

if you look properly at my posts i don't insult people and don't like to be insulted, this forum is interractive enough fo learning not an avenue for insults and condemning each other. my candid advice is for you to watch your words. i am old and matured enough to know what to say and when to say, i also listen to good advices and constructive critism.
grafikdon:

@ Agboola1, that's Texazzpete for you . . . ever ready to unleash the most deadly barrage of inflammatory and derogatory retorts, even in situations where a simple " I beg to differ. . ." would have sufficed.

After an extremely embarrasing episode at the Amsterdam airport (which involved me being temporarily detained for 1 hour) because of my nationality, I have had little tolerance for Nigerian Yahoo Boys and their sympathizers. My posting history shows that.

I cannot 'beg to differ' for issues where honest Nigerians like myself suffer for the greed of scumbags and their short sighted sympathizers who cannot see the long-term effect of this madness on our collective reputation.

As BigB1 happily reminds us, it was Barack Obama who said "Don't open any Email from Nigeria"
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by ilaugh1: 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2008
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/fugitives/cyber/onwuhara_te.htm

I hope you guys mind what you say here before FBI closes down NairaLand.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by asha80(m): 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2008
All of you guys saying that these yahoo or 419 guys are giving us bad name are quite correct.

However if you think they the only ones giving us a bad name then you are gravely mistaken.See all these report of official and political corruption and embezzelment that we are embarassed with everyday in nigeria do you honestly think outsiders do not know about this?All it takes is a click on the computer.

Look all you are seeing now is the manifestation of the corrupt tendencies of our rulers showing on the citizens and quite frankly from iam seeing among most of our youths is that this is simply going to get worse so simply brace up for it!
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by texazzpete(m): 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2008
asha 80:

All of you guys saying that these yahoo or 419 guys are giving us bad name are quite correct.

However if you think they the only ones giving us a bad name then you are gravely mistaken.See all these report of official and political corruption and embezzelment that we are embarassed with everyday in nigeria do you honestly think outsiders do not know about this?All it takes is a click on the computer.
Look all you are seeing now is the manifestation of the corrupt tendencies of our rulers showing on the citizens and quite frankly from iam seeing among most of our youths is that this is simply going to get worse so simply brace up for it!

As long as it's kept within Nigeria, no one outside gives a damn. it's when we begin to project corruption that people start treating Nigerians as pariahs.

The average Nigerian is as corrupt as our leaders. There's not much difference between Abacha's theft and the ploy employed by the average Market woman of measuring rice and beans with the backside of the can. Or is there any difference between Etteh and the ministry officials that withhold teachers' salaries for 6 months just to accrue interest in their account?

We need draconian punishment for thieves in this country - just like China does!
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by romeo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2008
They never see anything sef!!

Thanks Ibime for reminding me once more about the Italian mafia and their popularity even though they murder people on a regular basis, but the difference is that they are not Africans. Their crimes are celebrated in books and videos.

Unless they stop stealing from us, Hungry youths will always ask for their share. long live yahooze.  cool cool cool cool

Bring it on folks!!
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by texazzpete(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2008
@romeo
The italian mafia is hardly celebrated. Everybody loves mafia movies as fiction, but no one would like a Mafioso in real life. Similarly we love vampire movies from Anne Rice, but we never want to meet such vampires in real life. And in far more media than you think, the mafia is painted as a mob of sadistic killers, thugs and criminals.
Bringing race into this is a pretty boneheaded move.

If your point is that any method of getting money is okay as long as 'our leaders steal from us', why do Nigerians still scorn armed robbers? Don't they qualify as 'hungry youths' too?
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by bawomolo(m): 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2008
We need draconian punishment for thieves in this country - just like China does!

how would a millitary tribunal style judgement help? it won't. there is still rampant corrupt in the chinese communist party today. re-orientation of the nigerian psyche is the way to go
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by 4Play(m): 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2008
As far as venerating crime and criminals,that is done regularly here in the West. Ronnie Biggs in the UK is a prime example and the whole gangster rap phenomenon comes to my mind. It is also apt to raise the whole mafia issue,Al Capone and other Italian-American gangsters have been raised to cult figures.

However, the fact that the West does something, clearly wrong,is no justification for Nigerians following suit. The West has many other redeeming features. Nigeria and Nigerians cannot afford to engage in misguided Western-style glorification of criminals.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by romeo(m): 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2008
texazzpete:

@romeo
The italian mafia is hardly celebrated. Everybody loves mafia movies as fiction, but no one would like a Mafioso in real life. Similarly we love vampire movies from Anne Rice, but we never want to meet such vampires in real life. And in far more media than you think, the mafia is painted as a mob of sadistic killers, thugs and criminals.
Bringing race into this is a pretty boneheaded move.

If your point is that any method of getting money is okay as long as 'our leaders steal from us', why do Nigerians still scorn armed robbers? Don't they qualify as 'hungry youths' too?

Are you from another world? who told you that people do no celebrate Mafia in real life? why all the books and movies about them? the movies where written by real people and the stories are real stories, their story is not Space Odyssey or Matrix.

All methods of getting money is not Ok but we'll have to include the Financial institutions in that list.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2008
To everyone saying he is intelligent-----------------something is wrong with you.
He is an absolute disgrace and all he did was identity theft and cyber crimes that can be committed by anybody. Its just that sane and educated people know better.
Trust me, Nigerians will soon be barred from going to the U.S.
I think i may have seen the guy somewhere in houston a couple yrs back. This is just a slice of the crime being committed by Nigerians in the U.S.
These IBO boys have turned Houston to a nightmare for Nigerians. From real estate fraud,cheque frauds, to outright burglary.
They are all over sugarland and southwest looking for innocent people to scam.
I am not tribalistic but the negative image most of these IBO boys in houston have painted on Nigerians is nasty.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by asha80(m): 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2008
@Atown sharaaaaaaaaaaap angry
whether you like it or not he is nigerian and you are stuck with him.

Go to to any embassy and see whether they are interested if you are igbo,hausa,ijaw,yoruba etc.nonsense.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by MrCrackles(m): 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2008
A-town:

To everyone saying he is intelligent-----------------something is wrong with you.
He is an absolute disgrace and all he did was identity theft and cyber crimes that can be committed by anybody. Its just that sane and educated people know better.
Trust me, Nigerians will soon be barred from going to the US.
I think i may have seen the guy somewhere in houston a couple years back. This is just a slice of the crime being committed by Nigerians in the US.
These IBO boys have turned Houston to a nightmare for Nigerians. From real estate fraud,cheque frauds, to outright burglary.
I am not tribalistic but the negative image most of these IBO boys in houston have painted on Nigerians is nasty.

grin
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2008
asha 80:

@Atown sharaaaaaaaaaaap angry
whether you like it or not he is nigerian and you are stuck with him.

Go to to any embassy and see whether they are interested if you are igbo,hausa,ijaw,yoruba etc.nonsense.

Another illiterate behaving like a typical Nigerian
Did i tell you that IBO's have in anyway hindered my success.
I am only pointing out that a lot of the IBO's in houston are scamming people seriously.
There are a zillion Yoruba's in New York doing the same.
The only reason i reference IBO's in houston is because i have lived there and happened to have likely seen the so-called most wanted boy in houston.
You don't have to reply every post you know. Anger, frustation and unnecessary rants won't change the situation. Take some tylenol to cool your brain,
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by asha80(m): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2008
Why don't you say nigerians instead calling the tribe and highlighting it for that matter.

Anger and fustration over what? .Who doesn't know this kind of fraud is going to get worse especially with situation in nigeria where fraud is now celebrated.
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by DISASTA: 11:09am On Nov 06, 2008
WHAT ABT D PEOPLE DAT ACCEPTED THE DEAL? SORI I MEAN OUT OF GREED OR WHATS THE DEAL! NOW IT DID WORK OUT 4 THEM & THEY ARE SUCKED. ABEG MAKE U NA LIV DAT BUSH WHAT ABT D FUNDS HE HAS BEING USING 4 WAR ABI HE WANT USE DIS ONE 2? JUST DEY SPEAK MY MIND
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2008
DISASTA:

WHAT about D PEOPLE that ACCEPTED THE DEAL? SORI I MEAN OUT OF GREED OR WHATS THE DEAL! NOW IT DID WORK OUT 4 THEM & THEY ARE SUCKED. ABEG MAKE U NA LIV that BUSH WHAT about D FUNDS HE HAS BEING USING 4 WAR ABI HE WANT USE this ONE 2? JUST DEY SPEAK MY MIND

and your point is,
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:15am On Nov 07, 2008
The FBI did not mention that he was his tribe, Yet Nairaland users have mention it 18 times so far on this thread undecided
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by DISASTA: 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2008
Never in suport of his crime, but if I may ask? what abt the $10b set aside for American main street + another $10b for fighting war and terror (passed by Mr. G. Bush & his party) I belt $44m is like coins to dat hmm? other bigger crimes are being commited by our own lidas. shocked
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by samix(m): 2:19am On Nov 10, 2008
A-town:

Trust me, Nigerians will soon be barred from going to the US.
I think i may have seen the guy somewhere in houston a couple years back. This is just a slice of the crime being committed by Nigerians in the US.

Bro, its not a tribal thing, we've lots of scammers in every tribe ok. n am yoruba ok, maybe u should come to woolwich in london to see nigerians that are scammers, u will see more yoruba than any other tribe
Re: $44 Million Fraud: Fbi Declares Nigerian Wanted Like Bin Ladin by mrmetoo1: 3:45am On Nov 10, 2008
DISASTA:

WHAT about D PEOPLE that ACCEPTED THE DEAL? SORI I MEAN OUT OF GREED OR WHATS THE DEAL! NOW IT DID WORK OUT 4 THEM & THEY ARE SUCKED. ABEG MAKE U NA LIV that BUSH WHAT about D FUNDS HE HAS BEING USING 4 WAR ABI HE WANT USE this ONE 2? JUST DEY SPEAK MY MIND

What r u talking about "accepted the deal"? No one accepted no deal, its identity theft which means u steals people's lives and spend their money like it yours. If u don't understand something tell someone to explain to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Confronts Jonathan With His ‘sins’: New Telegraph / Fayose names presidential lodge in Ekiti after Goodluck Jonathan, people reacts / PDP Sokoto Rally: Deji Adeyanju Accuses North Of Defrauding Tinubu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.