Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels (12450 Views)

Chinese Condoms Too Small For Zimbabwean Men – Health Minister / UNFPA Distributes 53,000 Condoms At Calabar Christmas Village / Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by TheophilusA: 2:57am On Dec 03, 2015
The Secretary to the Ondo State Government and Chairman, Ondo State Agency for the Control of AIDS(ODSACA), Dr. Aderotimi Adeola has said 800,000 residents have been screened for Human Immuno Deficiency Virus(HIV). He has further assured residents that they would soon be freed of the virus. Adelola said this during a condom use and safer sex sensitisation held in some hotels in Akure, the state capital in commemoration of the 2015 World AIDS Day.

In his words, Adeola said, “The government is working towards ensuring there is zero HIV infection in the state. There will also be campaigns against discrimination and stigmatisation of people living with HIV. ODSACA has embarked on consistent HIV counselling and testing in every nook and cranny of the state.

“The law relating to HIV in the state empowers ODSACA to enforce HIV related laws, as such, it is a severe offence for hoteliers not to put condom packs in their rooms in order to promote safer sex, reduce the spread of the virus; the agency will not hesitate to prosecute defaulters.

“HIV education is now being inculcated in the secondary school curriculum. Youths are encouraged on abstinence and to spread the campaign in their homes and among their peers. Private sectors are also urged to see the task as a social responsibility to provide care and support for people living with the virus."

http://dawntodusknews.com/ondo-government-screens-residents-for-hiv-enforces-condoms-in-hotels/

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by donholy28(m): 2:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Better abstain... condoms aren't 100%

6 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by ademega(m): 3:07am On Dec 03, 2015
better than flesh to flesh

4 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by DICE234(m): 3:15am On Dec 03, 2015
na wa ooo!!! do people actually need to be begged, cajoled and coerced into taking their life serious?

meanwhile

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making much money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... register your services/skill at (check my signature) and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy.com... someone, somewhere needs your services.

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by olumide81(m): 4:58am On Dec 03, 2015
You mean HIV is all about sex...... Mr Small Doctor!

4 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by Adesiji77: 7:38am On Dec 03, 2015
shocked

See a funny comment from a Punch reader below...

talking from 2 sides of the mouth. You refused to legalise prostitution , pimping and brothel ownership but now you want to enforce condom provision by hotels. Who do men take to hotels if not prostitutes bearing different names. Hypocrisy is too much in Africa.

http://punchng.com/ondo-enforces-condoms-in-hotels-screens-for-hiv/

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by mazzi: 7:50am On Dec 03, 2015
DICE234:
na wa ooo!!! do people actually need to be begged, cajoled and coerced into taking their life serious?

meanwhile

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making much money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... register your services/skill at (check my signature) and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy.com... someone, somewhere needs your services.
bro you never see how stupid people can be. I have a friend who does not like condom at all.
Many of our girls do not like using condom am talking from experience here. I have never seen a girl who ask me condom before sex and when you ask why the are so ignorant the will start looking at you like mumu. more enlightment needs to be done cos most of our girls know nothing

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by Berrylite: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2015
How can you assure them that they will soon be freed from the virus when the solution to the deadly disease is not known yet

3 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by looseweight: 8:52am On Dec 03, 2015
Good state government

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by endtimesblog: 8:52am On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by Miracle4Sure: 8:52am On Dec 03, 2015
Right Step
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by judekc10: 8:53am On Dec 03, 2015
Ok I see
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by Segadem(m): 8:53am On Dec 03, 2015
Enforcement? u want to enforce a fully grown man in a secret chamber of his room? Well we don't need enforcement, what we need now is campaign and a robust awareness and enlightenment dangers of unprotected sex.

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by Segadem(m): 8:53am On Dec 03, 2015
Miracle4Sure:
Right Step
see u, so if u enforce condom provision to the hoteliers ,will the staff also follow them inn when the show begins? grin
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by PEREZPERECTUS: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=donholy28 post=40633410]Better abstain... condoms aren't 100%

Easier said than done

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by walex000y: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Ok
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by matrix199(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Good measure
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by livinbygrace: 8:55am On Dec 03, 2015
I have had it raw many times and its not by force to use condom.Infact many ladies like it raw.Condom or no condom all man go die one day.Abeg enough of all dis.
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by mazzi: 8:55am On Dec 03, 2015
Most nigeria girls do no have any knowledge about hiv

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by Pastis: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2015
Am still buying fuel ⛽ @150 per ltr. E dey pain me o

4 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by aguizm(m): 8:56am On Dec 03, 2015
Today na my birthday guys.
I need just wishes.

7 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by ajepako(f): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2015
Una no go throw welcome back party for me after OP slammed me 3-day ban?

OP, you don shack Asaba weed oh!

Henceforth, I have become a #thunderfirecrew#

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by missKiffy(f): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2015
Enforce condoms in hotels bawo, as if thats what hotels are only used for
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by menix(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2015
Hahahaha..

They should also enforce it on Dicks using KIA officials..

Enforce ke Enhance nii..

End Time Law.

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by BaddieKay(f): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Ok
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by obinnashady(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2015
Very important o
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by martineverest(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2015
livinbygrace:
I have had it raw many times and its not by force to use condom.Infact many ladies like it raw.Condom or no condom all man go die one day.Abeg enough of all dis.
are u sure u arent hiv patient?.y must u encourage unsafe sex?
Re: HIV/AIDS: Ondo Enforces Condoms In Hotels by NOBODYY: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2015
How does this stop Nnamidi kanu from being sentenced to death undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Records 3 More COVID-19 Cases Today / Is LUTH On Fire? / Adewole Visits Leprosy Community In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.