Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon (1591 Views)

Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? / OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account / Nairalanders How Do I Insert Images On My Nairaland Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by 1stola: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2014
ijigaparadox: First and foremost, I wish to appreciate the management of this forum for managing the best social forum in Nigeria (and Africa at large). This entails a lot of hardwork and sleepless nights to get to this point where if the forum experiences few minutes of down time, its members feel lifeless as there is no replacement to where one could update him/her self on current issues. Kudos to the mgt.

However, it pains me to see me go away from this forum and making up my mind in making a very hard decision. I never wished to go but in some few moments (probably) less than 24 yrs, my account would cease to exist. Why? The simple reason is that my voice as well as lots of nairalanders have refused to be heard by same management. It pains me so much because I have already spent 4 days on line (which is not easy you kw?). The number of days spent on line is a unique feature that distinguishes naira land from many other forum.

To cut my long story short, the basic reason why I have decided to delete this account is because we have pleaded that the management make a way for us to change our user names as many members would wish to have their user names changed after joining. So many unfulfilled promises have been made in this regards and I finally make up my mind to quite the forum as I can not continue using my user name because I don't like it.

Gonna miss the management and all nairalanders whom are always fun to be with. I wish to continue my stay be unfortunately, I don't wish to make use of this user name any longer..

Cheers gonna miss u guys 4 riel...
Peace
were you high on bullshîts when you choose the name before?

6 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2014
1stola:
where you high on bullshîts when you choose the name before?
people make. mistakes. u kw. I opeened the. account and. after using it got to learn more about. it. learnt of the forum and wished to. join but chose a name I letter wish didn't want to use. Same happened with my Facebook and I havve changed it several times u kw?

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by 1stola: 9:04am On Aug 30, 2014
ijigaparadox:
people make. mistakes. u kw. I opeened the. account and. after using it got to learn more about. it. learnt of the forum and wished to. join but chose a name I letter wish didn't want to use. Same happened with my Facebook and I havve changed it several times u kw?
OK. no wahala.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Juchii(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2014
u don't need to tell us before u do the needful

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2014
And this concerns us, how?

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2014
Juchii: u don't need to tell us before u do the needful
cool.. I hope this makes the forum better cos I love it nnd wish it to always be. at its best
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Iluvberem: 9:11am On Aug 30, 2014
grin
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by AdeniyiA(m): 9:16am On Aug 30, 2014
oja oyingbo ... cool

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by rafiuexcel(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2014
AdeniyiA: oja oyingbo ... cool
tnks joooor! Seun knw even knw if dis guy they for NL.
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Firefire(m): 9:23am On Aug 30, 2014
Safe trip friend, I wish you accident free journey... however, don’t forget to look back few months later to see user ID CHANGE button activated... FRESH AIR on the way...

Goodluck!

Shalom! cool

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by danot1030: 9:26am On Aug 30, 2014
ijigaparadox: First and foremost, I wish to appreciate the management of this forum for managing the best social forum in Nigeria (and Africa at large). This entails a lot of hardwork and sleepless nights to get to this point where if the forum experiences few minutes of down time, its members feel lifeless as there is no replacement to where one could update him/her self on current issues. Kudos to the mgt.

However, it pains me to see me go away from this forum and making up my mind in making a very hard decision. I never wished to go but in some few moments (probably) less than 24 yrs, my account would cease to exist. Why? The simple reason is that my voice as well as lots of nairalanders have refused to be heard by same management. It pains me so much because I have already spent 4 days on line (which is not easy you kw?). The number of days spent on line is a unique feature that distinguishes naira land from many other forum.

To cut my long story short, the basic reason why I have decided to delete this account is because we have pleaded that the management make a way for us to change our user names as many members would wish to have their user names changed after joining. So many unfulfilled promises have been made in this regards and I finally make up my mind to quite the forum as I can not continue using my user name because I don't like it.

Gonna miss the management and all nairalanders whom are always fun to be with. I wish to continue my stay be unfortunately, I don't wish to make use of this user name any longer..

Peace
sme decision are better taking without attracting attention.

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 30, 2014
_____

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2014
Rubbish.... Some of these people agitating for the ability to change their usernames are people who have stained their user names.....so what happens when other users look for u (mention).

You want a fresh id to inherit all the possession of ur previous id...

If you don't like it open a new one and start afresh BUT DON'T LET EM FIND OUT.

Can't eat your cake and still have it.
tongue tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by thwarrior72: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2014

Peace
The worst is...the feature to deactivate ur account has'b disabled by seun. Last week I wanted to deactivate my original moniker but was told that I couldn't do so for now.

.......U are stuck here grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by PhockPhockMan: 11:19am On Aug 30, 2014
Iluvberem: grin
You too wan change name?
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by PhockPhockMan: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2014
BadBoy25: I support and agree with the OP. anyone disagrees deserves to be shot in the eye .
Na somebody choose BadBoy for you?
Mtcheeeeewww.
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2014
ok
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by rattlesnake(m): 11:59am On Aug 30, 2014
U get problem ooooo mami
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by JbravoAdodger(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
Derailers I sight you! @op if u r seriously giving urself a 24 YEAR window to quit nairaland... Ur on a ........................... Thing. U might even change ur mind a few hundred times!!! Youths of nowadays r so procrastinatory, is that a word? undecided I suggest u just quit now, but its really none of my beeswax
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by huptin(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
AdeniyiA: oja oyingbo ... cool
ko mo pe enikan o wa o.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Iluvberem: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
PhockPhockMan: You too wan change name?

Noooo

I love berem for life grin
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2014

Peace

U no fit delete the account. Seun dey find many customers join to add to the one wey e don get for ground so he purposely remove the deactivating feauture and that's why nairaland has over 1 million users which in reality, majority of the accounts have been dumped and are mot in use. I feel he's trying to get name for himself and nairaland because if he remove all the account wey people nor dey use again or account wey people don dump, nairaland users nor go pass 100 thousand. So bros, u can't delete the account, u can only dump it and open another one. Your own loss is seun's gain.
Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Philipmems(m): 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
1stola:
were you high on bullshîts when you choose the name before?
grin grin grin
Men you guys are insensitive so if he wanted to commit suicide you guys will lead him to the hangs man quarters right?
But OP wetin come concern us for the matter if you wan go greet your friends and bye bye.... One less NL to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Shall Be Deleting My Nairaland Account Soon by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
Afghanistan:
U no fit delete the account. Seun dey find many customers join to add to the one wey e don get for ground so he purposely remove the deactivating feauture and that's why nairaland has over 1 million users which in reality, majority of the accounts have been dumped and are mot in use. I feel he's trying to get name for himself and nairaland because if he remove all the account wey people nor dey use again or account wey people don dump, nairaland users nor go pass 100 thousand. So bros, u can't delete the account, u can only dump it and open another one. Your own loss is seun's gain.

Hmmm...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Lions Fight To Be King Of The Jungle In Brutal Battle Captured On Camera / Should This Be The New National Anthem? (photo) / Get A Dollar Paying Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.