Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced (37744 Views)

Etisalat And Their Overpriced Calls / Google Glasses All Hype Or Reality? / Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Ksslib(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2014
So no eye phone for this list? Abi na teeth phone sef

2 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by gistmelove(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2014
Vanity upon vanity...

Mtchewww.. Chilling here with my nokia e72

#team symbian

Non of my business
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2014
Noted.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Valfrankie(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2014
30milla for a TV embarassed chai.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Walexz02(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2014
Buy a TV for 30 million? WTF!
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Estimable(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Some pple tend to buy these products just to belong.....push them them to the right they go, to the left same......
Quality 1st........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Wetin concern 2face & condom....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by kayboy4y(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2014
That's the effect of Globalization. An indirect means of sucking us dry through Taste, Fashion and Passion.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by xwolverine: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2014
ayex2013:

5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

Source: http://www.ngtrends.com/2014/08/5-gadgets-hype-overpriced/

Why do you have to exaggerate the cost to drive home your points? Pebble wrist watches costs $150 and as a matter of fact, its worth the price, based on personal experience. It is irrelevant if it costs 1million Naira to buy a gadget, its the buyers choice to pay that much for a piece of innovation.

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Dlee1(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2014
Op, you are correct. Thanks for opening this thread, some people will now know that what they want to die for are mere hype product gadget.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2014
No one is forcing you to buy. By buying a Samsung product, Mac or beat headphone you are not only buying a product but making a statement.

Sometimes when people like you make your calculations I wonder what you are really up to-nothing more than intentional ignorance. Instead of saying it cost $3 to produce beats by Dre why not add the entire production cost. Remember that it is from the product margin that Salaries are paid, advertising, logistics and other expenses. In the end, is it really $3 it costs?

Some people like to make a statement with whatever they purchase. That beat headphone was made with N500 and sells for N75k that's the reason you don't see an agbero or truck pusher using beats instead the product makes a strong statement whenever it surfaces.

If you are so outraged at the system then you can look for funding to produce oled tvs and other gadgets to sell at cut throat discount prices. In 2 years we will see if people prefer discount or will rather make a statement.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Tinyemeka(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2014
ayex2013: Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

The entire line is complete crap, especially for their ridiculous prices. Did you know that Beats Pro/detox that you saved over 500 dollars to get cost only 3 dollars to make and is still a crap quality headphone? Just giving you the facts people. Yo are buying a lifestyle when you should be buying quality.
2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.
3. Apple Mac Books

Do me a favor, when you are done with this post, kindly take a stroll over to Jumia and check out Mac Book prices… The go all the way up to about a million naira. For a laptop, that needs to charge with electricity and you still have to pay for internet. No Bueno Amigo!!!! The price just doesn’t add up to what we are buying. Sorry!
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!
5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

For you to tag Samsung phones as over-priced and not include iPhones...
I don't want to abuse someone this morning. undecided

13 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by akereconfi: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2014
1stola: I taya o
Beat by dre kor, Flogged by rihanna ni.
Nonsense overpriced craps.

You are just hating. I use beat and it is mad. The sound quality is superb.

It's just like am wearing J's on my feet and you are wearing some KITO footwear and you want to complain.

STOP HATING

6 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by cold(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2014
Eyop: Apple mac books are truly overpriced i concur 100% to that.
All Apple products are crazily overpriced

2 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2014
priscaoge:
Bro Goodmorninggringrin
**hey move away from my land(space) its not 4sale*lol*
morning
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by DeeChukwu: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2014
Op o
Tell your president to encourage production of gadgets like phones and other accessories you mentioned above so that nigerians can now be buying tablets at N200
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Revolva(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2014
Even some cars also sold here are heavy crap
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by alotofgrace(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2014
if there is anything i hate on earth currently, na samsung fones sad sad sad
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Valfrankie(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2014
OP, those pricey stuffs you listed aren't just no different from the simple n cheaper ones we buy daily. These ones are just meant for the social conscious, upper class people that loves to stand out. If one can spend 30m on a TV, you need not rant cos you ain't got the money, the nigguh buying it has got the dough n he is spending it! He's prolly got more to waste on stuffs you would strangle him for. Just chill man, Tecno, Innjoo n Toshiba are still there for us gringringrincheesycheesycheesy
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Tinyemeka:

For you to tag Samsung phones as over-priced and not include iPhones...
I don't want to abuse someone this morning. undecided
***hahaha i can see u with ur S5

3 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Idrismusty97(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2014
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira…
WTF!! Is this TV displaying the future or what? undecided

As for the Samsung smartphones, as much as i dislike there "overprice-ness" you can still enjoy the features better than IPhone basically because it's Android. As for iphones they are both over priced and useless. The only useful thing you can do with an iPhone is "Angry bird". grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2014
Valfrankie: OP, those pricey stuffs you listed aren't just no different from the simple n cheaper ones we buy daily. These ones are just meant for the social conscious, upper class people that loves to stand out. If one can spend 30m on a TV, you need not rant cos you ain't got the money, the nigguh buying it has got the dough n he is spending it! He's prolly got more to waste on stuffs you would strangle him for. Just chill man, Tecno, Innjoo n Toshiba are still there for us gringringrincheesycheesycheesy
******hahaha
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by kevoh(m): 11:02am On Aug 30, 2014
Not TV costs 30 million Naira jor angry . If you say 3 million I might agree with you. No dey bobo us abeg.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by BarryX(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2014
Apple tops the list for me !!
I can always pass for Samsung !!

But dude , I can freaking pay anything for my watches !!
Obsession of some sort

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Blockus: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2014
ayex2013: Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

The entire line is complete crap, especially for their ridiculous prices. Did you know that Beats Pro/detox that you saved over 500 dollars to get cost only 3 dollars to make and is still a crap quality headphone? Just giving you the facts people. Yo are buying a lifestyle when you should be buying quality.

2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.
3. Apple Mac Books

Do me a favor, when you are done with this post, kindly take a stroll over to Jumia and check out Mac Book prices… The go all the way up to about a million naira. For a laptop, that needs to charge with electricity and you still have to pay for internet. No Bueno Amigo!!!! The price just doesn’t add up to what we are buying. Sorry!
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!
5. Smart Watches

Rubbish..

Beats by Dre I agree is way over priced as they are no better then the Monster headphones that cost half the price.

However, to classify Samsung phones as a hype cos of the cost shows a great lack of understanding for the features of those phones. Try owning a SGN 3 and a Samsung Smart TV and see how your phone and TV interact in a mind boggling way.. If they had dissed the iPhone and co for being overpriced and hyped I would have understood.. And the curve for 30 million Naira is a blatant lie.. the 65 inch Samsung Smart TV was just a little above 1 million when I checked and the curve of same size should not cost much more than that.

All Apple devices are over-priced and over hyped.. Especially cos they are limiting in use with regards to downloads and sharing via Bluetooth and other connectivity means and also cos they limit you to Apple store mostly.

The smart TV's are dope.. The Samsung Smartwatch is brilliant, the Samsung phones are top.. and I only agree with the Beats and apple devices.. sadly, my love for gadgets and my vanity can't let me settle for anything else..

If you think these devices are over priced and hyped, try checking how much a simple Bang and Olufsen earphone costs or how much a vertu phone costs then you would know what over priced and hyped means.

11 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2014
nobody is forced to buy anything.

thanks for the insight though.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Originalsly: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2014
New technology....new style.... name brands... you just have to pay a lot more for it. That's way business works....if it's too expensive for you or you think it's not worth the price then just drop to your level. Why try to set the price for someone else's product?
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Culbobby(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2014
Skip the brand loyalty and save more money like you receive royalties.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Posman(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2014
krall: You lust it...

You cant afford it...

Then you hate...

Too bad. tongue

Of all OEMs, it samsung. Even their tvs you hate.

You haven't seen iphones and HTCs that are over-priced for no reason.

the htcs and iphones r made of aluminium and metallic body and yet the plastic samsung is more expensive
let that sink in... that's the meaning of 'overpriced'

3 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Horlawoomey(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2014
You know sometimes if you've made it, you have to sell the NAME and not the product. . . . The consumers sometimes are contended in buying the NAME. All the same the work those manufacturers did to make that NAME is not easy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Surf The Web Anonymously! / Easy Steps To Format A Window7 Computer / The Best Among PD Proxy, Above VPN, Wi Free , Sandwich VPN And Tunnel Guru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.