Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated (1315 Views)

Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by soonest(f): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2014
Please I need a good explanation to this as I've never been able to understand it. The little I know of incorporation is that it makes an organization a commercial entity and If there's a split then assets are shared between the shareholders. Please how does this apply to a church that is incorporated and why are they incorporated in the first place
Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by PastorKun(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2014
Because they are purely business concerns set up for the sole benefit of enriching it's promoters. E.g Believer's Love World Incorporated. Incidentally the two promoters of this business are about getting a divorce and going their separate ways, I wonder what the sharing ratio of their business enterprise would be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 30, 2014
I can't wait to read what their pet monkey, joagbaje has to say about this. It said it cured Ebola in Tanzania so the you can be sure it will say something fantasti about the divorce.
Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by soonest(f): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
PastorKun: Because they are purely business concerns set up for the sole benefit of enriching it's promoters. E.g Believer's Love World Incorporated. Incidentally the two promoters of this business are about getting a divorce and going their separate ways, I wonder what the sharing ratio of their business enterprise would be.
Other than business is there another reason why they get incorporated? Now in the case you mentioned,their divorce shouldn't amount to sharing church assets,in fact how will it be said sef
Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by PastorKun(m): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
soonest:
Other than business is there another reason why they get incorporated? Now in the case you mentioned,their divorce shouldn't amount to sharing church assets,in fact how will it be said sef

In this case their 'church' is a business and they are joint owners. If they end up divorcing, the courts might rule that they share their assets with the wife getting the lion share since British laws favours women in cases of divorce.
Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
incorporated in der names and dat of children. but member contribute to building it. now how is dat not a scam its incorporated so dat u d members will nt lay claim to d assets and funds

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by tpia1: 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
wbb
Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by soonest(f): 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
panachuku: incorporated in der names and dat of children. but member contribute to building it. now how is dat not a scam its incorporated so dat u d members will nt lay claim to d assets and funds
Nawa o! This is getting scary. May God save His children
Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by masqot(m): 8:30am On Dec 14, 2015
Incorporating a church gives it a legal existence. As such, members are absolved, while the church stands in case of any redress.
In addition, donations to church are tax deductible. This encourages more donation.
In spite of these two reasons, some churches are not incorporated-no hassle
Re: Why Are Most Pentecostal Churches Incorporated by soonest(f): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
masqot:
Incorporating a church gives it a legal existence. As such, members are absolved, while the church stands in case of any redress.
In addition, donations to church are tax deductible. This encourages more donation.
In spite of these two reasons, some churches are not incorporated-no hassle
Tnx for your answer but i thot the donations are not taxed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be Born Of Water And Of The Spirit? John 3:5. / Sermon That Touches The Heart: This Egyptian You See Today / D Kind Of Islam Every Hijabian Grl Prays For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.