Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) (1700 Views)

Man With Two joysticks Speaks About Living With Extremely Genetic Condition / Boy With Extraordinary Long Neck(photo) / Chinese Woman Disfigured By Facial Tumours To Undergo Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) by olempe(m): 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
Surgeons are helping a teenager save his neck by shortening it.

Fu Wengui, 15, of Beijing, is preparing to go under the knife because he's reportedly caused immense pain by the three extra vertebrae in his neck.

The teen has 10 vertebrae in his neck while the average person has seven, according to Quirky China, which released photos of him at the hospital. The vertebrae compress his nerves, making it difficult for him to walk.

"When he was six he was diagnosed with congenital scoliosis and abnormal chest frame," Wengui's father, Fu Genyou, told agency.

Congenital scoliosis is a spinal deformity caused by abnormally formed vertebrae, and usually occurs in early development, according to the Scoliosis Research Society. Wengui's surgery will reduce the size of his neck and hopefully enhance movement and reduce pain.

A Beijing-based charity will sponsor his surgery at Chaoyang Hospital, which is working on a treatment plan, according to Quirky News' press release.

"I just hope I can have a normal neck," Wengui said.

https://www.facebook.com/myoddnews

Re: GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) by phreakabit(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Poor guy. . .Wish him a successful surgery.
Re: GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) by olempe(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
phreakabit: Poor guy. . .Wish him a successful surgery.

Same here.
Re: GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
shocked holy molly!!! That pix for real? How on earth can they reduce a tall neck? Wonders!!! Itz like slitting hez throat and placing it back.
Re: GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) by phreakabit(m): 4:21am On Aug 31, 2014
urhoboman: shocked holy molly!!! That pix for real? How on earth can they reduce a tall neck? Wonders!!! Itz like slitting hez throat and placing it back.

Yeah it is worrying, I thought the jugular couldn't be stitched. . . How would they do this then?
Re: GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) by olempe(m): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
phreakabit:

Yeah it is worrying, I thought the jugular couldn't be stitched. . . How would they do this then?

Same though been going through my mind sad
Re: GUY With Extremely Long Neck To Undergo Surgery (PHOTO) by olempe(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2014
Neck of life

(1) (Reply)

Usmle Step 1-3 Materials Including Kaplan Videos For Sale. / 10 Disgusting But Useful Useful Things You Could Do With Your Urine / Sorry State Of Nigeria's Healthcare System (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.