Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos (145232 Views)

The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) / Step By Step Guide For Growing Tomato--pictures / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Welcome on board Zone, btw 1st to 2nd wk of October
Zone: Thank you Op for this very educative thread, I thank God I found this. Can you advice on last planting date for Osun?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Zone: 8:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Thank you MANGAM. God bless you.

MANGAM: Welcome on board Zone, btw 1st to 2nd wk of October
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by LONGFELLOW02(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nzecorneboy: baba wen u go start ur own farming?

nwanne am still working on hw to get land in abj, someone promise to gv me land in asokoro area. . I will go nd check the land on weekend b4 i knw watsup
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Nzecorneboy: 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

nwanne am still working on hw to get land in abj, someone promise to gv me land in asokoro area. . I will go nd check the land on weekend b4 i knw watsup
i don go meet d guy! We wl tlk leta! No tip 2dae?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by LONGFELLOW02(m): 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nzecorneboy: i don go meet d guy! We wl tlk leta! No tip 2dae?

ok nw. .
You can check Spain handball league. . You will see barca match you can go for over in it
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
Day 16: At day 16, this is what we got

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by sholay2011(m): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
Awww...looks good. God is great.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thank u
sholay2011: Awww...looks good. God is great.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by LONGFELLOW02(m): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nice one mangam

where is ur farm located
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 8:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thanks once again, along airport road Abuja
LONGFELLOW02: Nice one mangam

where is ur farm located
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pathology(m): 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
does it necessary to make ridges for water melon planting
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
It all depends on where u are in Nigeria. In northern Nigeria, ridges are required for every crop cultivation because of the nature of rainfall and soil type
pathology: does it necessary to make ridges for water melon planting
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Praise5: 1:04am On Sep 17, 2014
God bless you OP and others who have contributed one way or the other.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 1:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Thank u Praise5
Praise5: God bless you OP and others who have contributed one way or the other. I can't wait to move to my house here in Lagos so that I can use my own backyard.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by koolsammie(m): 6:24am On Sep 17, 2014
Magnam, pls what's the average yield per acre (how many balls)?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:07am On Sep 17, 2014
Koolsammie, a good harvest ranges from 1200-1500 per acre.
koolsammie: Magnam, pls what's the average yield per acre (how many balls)?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Day 17
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Day 18
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
The rain for the past 3days has flooded the farm and melon don't like much water
MANGAM: Day 18

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by judemorfy(m): 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
MANGAM: The rain for the past 3days has flooded the farm and melon don't like much water
weeds are growing vry fast,dont yu fink yu might nid 2 weed
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Thank u judemorfy, we weeding 2moro morning
judemorfy: weeds are growing vry fast,dont yu fink yu might nid 2 weed
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by osca234: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
MANGAM: Thank u judemorfy, we weeding 2moro morning

@ op dont you think the herbicide u used is not effective enough, or your method of application is wrong. the weeds are not supposed to show face at all by now!
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 4:45am On Sep 19, 2014
The herbicide was very effective and the reason for early weeds is because the land was left for a very long time without cultivating it which really enhance the soil fertility.
osca234:

@ op dont you think the herbicide u used is not effective enough, or your method of application is wrong. the weeds are not supposed to show face at all by now!
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by judemorfy(m): 7:01am On Sep 19, 2014
osca234:

Even if yu apply herbicide bcus of the frequent rain fall this period weed will definitely surface, jst finished weeding mine yestaday
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by judemorfy(m): 7:04am On Sep 19, 2014
MANGAM: The herbicide was very effective and the reason for early weeds is because the land was left for a very long time without cultivating it which really enhance the soil fertility.
i guess a beta way of tackling weed is to alow the weed grow first,den yu spray herbicide b4 planting,so as the weeds r dying the water melom is growing-wat do yu fink?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by judemorfy(m): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2014
MANGAM: Thank u judemorfy, we weeding 2moro morning
plz any trick or method on how to get big watermelon ball or rada, wat do yu do wen the water melon starts developing ball
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by LONGFELLOW02(m): 8:11am On Sep 19, 2014
judemorfy: plz any trick or method on how to get big watermelon ball or rada, wat do yu do wen the water melon starts developing ball

Good question
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Day 19: we started weeding today
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
It all depends on how fertile ur soil is, places where the soil fertility is poor u need to apply little NPK to the melon to enhance the size of ur melon balls
judemorfy: plz any trick or method on how to get big watermelon ball or rada, wat do yu do wen the water melon starts developing ball
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
The financial aspect of the farm will be given out soon. A breakdown of all the expenses will be made known to everyone in the house

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by sholay2011(m): 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
MANGAM: The financial aspect of the farm will be given out soon. A breakdown of all the expenses will be made known to everyone in the house
Looking forward to this.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by ajog1: 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
mangam,could I say that more sunlight is needed than rainfall for the melon to grow?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.