Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible (1035 Views)

Muhammad(pbuh) In The Bible(evidence) / How To See Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)in My Dream? Please Help Me, / Muhammad (PBUH) In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by Fifa14Full: 6:35am On Aug 31, 2014
by Dr. Zakir Naik

[size=13pt]Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:[/size]

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will
fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.

However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i)

Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.

[Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii)
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

iii)
Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

[size=13pt]Words in the mouth:
[/size]
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv)
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

v)
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

iv)
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

[size=13pt]prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:
[/size]

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by Fifa14Full: 6:36am On Aug 31, 2014
[size=13pt]Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:
[/size]
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:

Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 31, 2014
RUBBISH
Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by knuckbuck(m): 7:28am On Aug 31, 2014
Your Religion is perfect for you, stop trying to justify it. The truth will always be the truth. Those verses you quoted makes mockery of your claims when Jesus Christ refers to God as His father (something Islam totally disagrees with) he says He will send the comforter (Holy Spirit). This means He has the power to send the Spirit. If you claim that the comforter/spirit is Muhammad then you claim that Muhammad is subject to Jesus Christ. Stop picking and choosing from the bible because each time you do that it makes you accept the truth of the message in the Bible. Accept it all or accept none of it.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by malvisguy212: 7:38am On Aug 31, 2014
do you know the meaning of holy spirit? A sinless being, muhammad is a sinner, how can a sinner be the holy spirit? As you typing this lies, the holy spirit is watching you.

The book of isaiah was talkin about the scripture, IT IS A SEALED BOOK TO THE LEARN AND UNLEARNED UNTIL YOU STUDY IT WITH A TEACHABLE SPIRIT.

Muhammad is not a prophet.
quran29:27.Sahih International
And We gave to Him Isaac and
Jacob and
placed in his descendants
PROPHETHOOD
and scripture. And We gave him his reward in this world, and indeed,
he is in
the Hereafter among the righteous.
THIS VERSE IN THE QURAN MEAN
MUHAMMAD IS A FALSE PROPHET, HE
WAS NOT FROM THE DESCENDANT OF ISAAC AND JACOB.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by cirmuell(m): 7:39am On Aug 31, 2014
Fallacy undecided
Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by EternalBeing: 7:45am On Aug 31, 2014
Remember that currently (through satan or GOD)only the genuinely spiritual amount to something great in this generation. GOD is still very much in the business of making people celebrities. Chronicles 16:9 says "The eyes of GOD runs to and fro the earth seeking those HE can" make celebrities; holiness is the price. GOD (as HE did with Ben Carlson, D. K. Olukoya, etc. making them great today and tomorrow in the hereafter) and satan (as he did with... u know who, promises them today but no tomorrow because he knows they'll end in hellfire); both are still seriously looking for souls. True Love is still very real despite the fact that the devil has wrongfully programmed a lot of people's mind to live like dogs having multiple partners under self-deceit that true love does not exist. Get the mystery in Gen 2:24-25; Have sex only with 1 person you've chosen to "marry" because Sex=Marriage, the ceremony is not the marriage, Sex is the Marriage . If you've had sex with multiple partners, u r guity of polygamy ask your Creator for forgiveness. Paul said for those that can't hold yourself... search for your soulmate, pray and start Sexing. Marriage is NOT the ceremony and gathering of people NO! Read Genesis 2:24-25 to understand the Spiritual Mystery that Sex=Marriage. Whether u r 18 or 30, choose just one and GOD will prosper d union if both of u stay faithful to each other for d rest of ur lives. GOD created sex for us as a covenant Sweet bond between 2 persons that have chosen to become 1 (Sex=Marriage. Read Genesis 2:24-25 says "they cleave to become 1 and they were Unclad" . Understand the mystery that devil wants u to keep denying for the rest of their life). devil has deceived so many by trivializing Sex. Sex is grossly spiritual, whether you are a guy or girl, the person u give acess to your Private Part can easily destroy your Life and Destiny permanently. Remember, there's no physical way to identify a demon infested witch/wizard in church or in club; that girl, that guy u r planning and craving to have sex with might just be one. So, totally give your Life to JESUS and pray HIM to guide you to your own wife/husband, and HE surely will. Sex is the worst weapon that devil is using to destroy wonderful youths with Glorious Destiny in this End Time. BE WISE!

4 Likes

Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by Firmjudge(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2014
[quote author=Fifa14Full]by Dr. Zakir Naik

[size=13pt]Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:[/size]

[/b]
Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of
Isaiah: It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29
verse 12: "And the book is delivered to him that is not
learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he
saith, I am not learned." When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad
(pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am
not learned".

if Isaiah 29:12 contain a prophesy about
Muhammad, then Muhammad stands
condemned. For when we read the verse in
context, we find that the entire passage is about
judgment on people who are rebelling against
God. I suggest reading all of Isaiah 29 to fully understand verse 12, but let's read vv. 9-14 to get
the immediate context:

**Be delayed and wait, blind yourselves and be
blind; they become drunk, but not with wine,
they stagger, but not with strong drink. For
the Lord has poured over you a spirit of deep
sleep, He has shut your eyes, the prophets;
and He has covered your heads, the seers. The entire vision will be to you like the words
of a sealed book,
which when they give it to
the one who is literate, saying, “Please read
this,” he will say, “I cannot, for it is sealed.”
Then the book will be given to the one who
is illiterate, saying, “Please read this.” And he will say, “I cannot read.” Then the Lord said, “Because this people
draw near with their words and honor Me
with their lip service, but they remove their
hearts far from Me, and their reverence for Me
consists of tradition learned by rote,

therefore behold, I will once again deal marvelously with this people, wondrously
marvelous; and the wisdom of their wise men
will perish, and the discernment of their
discerning men will be concealed.”

As we can see from the larger passage, Isaiah 29
is about God's judgment on a rebellious nation.
People stubbornly refuse to obey God, so he
curses them by taking away their discernment.

Hence, if 29:12 is about Muhammad, then
Muhammad couldn't have been a prophet. Instead, he was a stubborn rebel against God who
used his illiteracy as an excuse to ignore God's
revelations.
Peace.

Notice @ the bolded so does it mean muhammed and the literate altogether only pay lip service to God and there heart is far away..

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name
in the old testament: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by
name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16: "Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim
Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem." "His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether
lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O
daughters
of Jerusalem." In the Hebrew language im is added for respect.
oboy see pure lies im is added for plurality lolss google is your friend
Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet
Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim.

You shot yourself and muhammed in the foot. And secondly, muslims dont believe in female prophets, yet your argument confirms one exist.
You copy and paste, here is a link refuting your claim.

www.answeringmuslims.com/2014/05/muhammad-in-song-of-solomon-516.html?m=1
Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by truthman2012(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2014
@ OP

Stop posting errors. All your Bible references are not referring to Muhammad.

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel

Allah is deceitful, why did he not quote the exact places in the Bible where Muhammad is mentioned, as a result of which muslims gamble to find them?

Jesus Gospel is God’s Final Message to the World

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom [/b]shall be preached in all [b]the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

AS you can see for yourself, the Gospel of Jesus should be preached till the end will come. This gives no room for islam or any other religion to come.
Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by true2god: 8:16am On Sep 06, 2014
truthman2012: @ OP

Stop posting errors. All your Bible references are not referring to Muhammad.
One of the major pillars of islam is al-taqiyya.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) In The Bible by eyeopener: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2014
Nowhere did the Bible talk about Muhammad or islam. Muslims fabricated it. Jesus said Moses and other prophets spoke concerning Him, not Muhammad:

And beginning at Moses and ALL prophets, he expounded unto them in ALL the Scriptures the things concerning HIMSELF (Luke 24:27).

And he (Jesus) said unto them, these are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were WRITTEN in the law of Moses and the PROPHETS and in psalms concerning ME (Jesus). Luke 24:44

Matthew 21:43: 43 Therefore I tell you, "the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a different nation" producing the fruits of it.

Who was Jesus addressing in that verse? The answered is in verse 45: "And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them". Therefore Jesus was addressing the chief priests and Pharisees as a NATION. The kingdom was actually taken away from them and given to the Christian as a NATION.

Referring to the Christians to whom the Kingdom has been given, the bible says: But ye are a chosen generation, a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, an HOLY NATION, a peculiar people......(I Peter 2:9).

A study of the verse reveals: PRIESTHOOD has been transferred from the Priests and Pharisees to the Christians as a HOLY NATION.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Couple Killed For ‘desecrating Koran’ In Pakistan / Miracle Of Islam: Excavation Of The Graves Of True Companions Of The Prophet (s) / 14 Pictures Muslims Can Relate To As Ramadan Is Coming To An End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.