Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

Help Needed In Deciphering This Scripture. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed In Deciphering This Scripture. (514 Views)

What Does This Scripture Say Really? / Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! / 'Suffer Not A Witch To Live'; Can We Possibly Fulfill This Scripture Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed In Deciphering This Scripture. by mrperfect85: 8:18am On Aug 31, 2014
Good morning all,

I was going through the book of Deuteronomy today and I ran into a scripture in chapter 14 that dwelt on tithing. Prior to this morning, I had thought that the tithes we pay belongs to the priest but the bible actually did instruct based on that scripture that the tithtes should be eaten in the presence of the lord by the person paying the tithe. In my opinion, it seems to conflict with the teachings of the church where we'v been made to believe that the tithes belongs exclusively to the priest.

I'm a bit confused right now so I'd welcome your views and opinions on this.

Let us discuss.
Re: Help Needed In Deciphering This Scripture. by emeviks: 9:07am On Aug 31, 2014
The whole scriptures is a book of confusion. You will never deciphere anything. Going from the old testament ton the new testament, you will notice they contradict themselves in so many ways. I wonder who said the Bible was an inspiration from God passed unto Men. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help Needed In Deciphering This Scripture. by Kei144(m): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2014
He. 1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
He. 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

I advice every Christian to keep to the words spoken by Jesus Christ through early Jewish Christians. Do not let today's so-called ministers of the gospel impose any burden on you. If you are freely willing to give gifts to the Pastor, Prophet , or evangelist, do give to him/her; the Lord God will surely bless you. If there is need in the church, the church leader should present the need to the church, just like to a family; those willing to contribute towards meeting the need will do so and God will bless them.

Until recently, the orthodox churches (such as Catholic and Anglican) had various forms of fund raising agreed to by members. In the 1970s, when evangelical and Pentecostal Christianity started becoming common, the new churches condemned some fund raising practices of the orthodox churches, such as Bazaar. Unfortunately, the same new churches eventually introduced tithing, seed sowing and all what not. The big problem is that the members of the new churches do not meet to agree on these fund raising techniques, like a family. Instead, the pastor picks an Old Testament passage and then begins to accuse the church members of thievery for not paying him tithe and for not sowing seeds. Even the funds gathered through all these techniques are not administered like a family matter; instead, it is the Pastor's business.

(1) (Reply)

What Will Be Our Prayer Point In Heaven? / Fasting On The Day Of Arafat / Do You Pray Before Taking Gala, Beer Or Bottle Drinks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.