Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex (9098 Views)

I Need A Miniflat (1 Bedroom & Room Self-contained) In Ikeja With 1 Year Payment / Advise On Estimate For A 4 Bedroom Bungalow / 2 Bedroom Room Flat To Let In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by Osomo: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2008
Can any experience person give me an estimate for building a 4 bedroom duplex in Bodija area Ibadan.
I just got a land and i"m thinking of starting construction early next year. I will sincerely appreciate naira lander
contrbution
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by ladoma(m): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2008
a friend of mine is doing same at akobo now.he is on lintel level preparing for decking.so far, about 1.4 or so have gone for german floor,raising to lintel,pillar etc.he is starting decking this week at 1.2m estimate total cost from quotations. so by and by without finishing i.e toilets etc up to roofing may likely take around 3. something or so.publish your mail and i will contact u personally for full details,good luck pal grin
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by jayJR(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2008
starting a  construction without knowing the full implications of the estimate is very risky that is why we have a lot of uncompleted buildings it is very wrong to come up with an estimate based on another design on another plot without a design and also an in depth analysis of  the challenges posed by a site you are bound to come up with an estimate that is very likely not to work out as planned.I am an architect and I can assure you that the cost of a building depends on so many variables for example the type of foundation to be used in a building will determine the cost of the foundation level,(for example the foundation requirements in a swampy situation is much different from that of a solid earth in terms of the costing the difference is very very sharp)(the size of the spaces in a building with respect to the design of the spaces,the use of material,types of finishes etc have a big part to play in the cost evaluation of a structure),so it would be wise not to assume something based on a completely different project.its quite amazing how people think estimates are same on all project and are applicable to any other and in the end they end up spending beyond what they imagined. there is what is called the design/construction procedure,there are stages in everything,even in life when you miss one out ,you end up having irregularities
If you think you require professional help you can call me on 07023194313.
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by ladoma(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2008
you are very right brother.i was only trying to give a layman rough estimate grin
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by BAC: 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2008
Those gentlemen are correct. Price varies. But one thing I want you to take note: The person helping in project managing it can make a lot of difference to the price. There are a lot of dishonnest people in Nigeria. If you can get some one trust worthy you should be able to save loads of money. At www.nairainvestors.com we are just too busy our project management book if too full now. We could have helped you. We are not taking on any more projects till end of 2009. Check out our website there are a lot of info there for you. with pictures and videos
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by sonety2k(m): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2008
BAC:

Those gentlemen are correct. Price varies. But one thing I want you to take note: The person helping in project managing it can make a lot of difference to the price. There are a lot of dishonnest people in Nigeria. If you can get some one trust worthy you should be able to save loads of money. At www.nairainvestors.com we are just too busy our project management book if too full now. We could have helped you. We are not taking on any more projects till end of 2009. Check out our website there are a lot of info there for you. with pictures and videos

Long time sir , Nice site keep the tempo up
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by JJYOU: 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2008
BAC:

na true you talk my brother
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by Osomo: 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2008
@Ladoma,
i really appreciate your input. what i actually needed was a rough estimate and i appreciate what you said.I know it's not cast in concrete as things tend to vary from one place to another.
@JayJR,
You sounded like a prof.Anyway, like i said earlier, having idea of what you are looking for can save your ass form an unexpected knife. Nairalanders have helped people to buy things at about the price and of good quality. I will callyou as soon as i'm ready to commence the project. Do you stay in Ibadan? My e mail address is bolabright49@yahoo.com..
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by Nighttrain: 12:31am On Nov 21, 2008
Hi Brother,

Before you can start the estimates of a structure, you should have a plan first. The plan need not be a detailed architectural plan, but a sketch will do. Avoiod the pitfalls of having an estimate gien to you with no plan at all.

The difference between 2 houses even if they ahev the dame design can vary from builder to builder and location to location. It also varies from siize of contractor to contractor. The quality of finish also palys an important role here.

If you ahev a plan, I can help you do a rough BoQ of materials only, because price of labour and materials are not steady. This festive period is a big no no cos the prices now are outta the roof. If you wait after the "ember" madness, you could have a good deal.

Project Phasing is also advisable. i.e. To gather materials - blocks, cement, rods, chipping, sand before you start. This process speeds up the delivery time considerably. With no finance issues you should have a carcass in about 45 - 60 days work.

you acn conatct me if you need advice.

happy building
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by jayJR(m): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2008
Thanks for the compliment I `m more in Lagos but I have my family house in Ibadan and I also stay in Abuja.but I`ll be more in Ibadan from now till next year because of some works there so feel free to call anytime!
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by larimo(m): 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2009
@ladoma,

am very interested in the total cost of our friend's construction. i am about to start the same - a twin duplex, 4 bedroom. i already have the drawings and will be performing a BOQ as well. your response could serve as a good comparison/reference.
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by Ndipe(m): 2:21am On Apr 28, 2010
Same question I asked my sister and she told me 3 million Naira. Though this is for a bungalow in Uyo.
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by desse: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2010
@ osomo can u contact me at hopemanflee@yahoo.com or call +2348033506527,+2347040649467

desse-architect.
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by lanreola1960: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
Please i need a rough estimate cost of four bedroom detached duplex (all rooms ensuite) on a 120 x 60 ft land. Location Sangotendo, Ajah. Please help smiley my email address is lanreola1960@yahoo.com
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 22, 2013
@lanre1960
I sent a mail to u, check and get back to me.
Re: Estimate For Building A 4 Bedroom Room Duplex by lafolabi(m): 7:40am On Nov 28, 2015
I always told my clients that we should visit site and check. Before estimate. Comparing estimate of one place to another area, not the best.get estimate based on the land conditions.
We're a builder with different. Let us help build the building of your dreams. With the best quality material and perfect finishing. We are honest and reliable. We're having 28yrs of experience and qualify body. To solve your building problem permernernetly. Please contact us on 08066357743 email address unisociate@ymail.com thanks.

(1) (Reply)

CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE / Finishing Our Beach House (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Christal Villa Christine's Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.