Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? (1251 Views)

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by onihaxy: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2014
Happy sunday to every one. I have been wondering about this topic. Every sunday when I go to church, I have been seen my neighbour who operates a beer parlour paying tithes, the woman who sells hot drinks and cigarettes infront of my house also pays tithe and so many people of same worldly business calibre like that.
Now, when its time for tithe collection, the verse in malachi would be read " bring forth your tithes to my house..............and prove me not if I would not bless you" . And most of the times, my pastor would say God blesses every tithers by blessing the works of his/her hand. This brings me back to the question.
Is it the worldly works (beer parlour, cigarettes, hot drinks, drug business, fraud etc) that God would bless and multiply?. Over to you nairalanders. I need answers please.
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by YoungIncredible: 9:33am On Aug 31, 2014
Nice question. I have asked same question before but I couldn't get any response. Maybe I should learn from your comments.
OAM4J, mynd44, seun, please help to put this question to frontpage abeg
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by phransix147(m): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2014
Abomination to the house of the Lord...

This space belongs to a Landlord... Caveat Emptor
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by iceberylin(m): 9:40am On Aug 31, 2014
Pastors stealing tight since 10,000BC
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by Panshow(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2014
grin Nice but funny question
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 31, 2014
..The offering will be sanctified and used for God's glory....

But the worldly worker will not see the blessings ....

..According to our sunday school in church, for evry offerings to be accpted....it depends on the quality of the offering (not quantity), depends on the giver, the source of the offering, the reason behind the offering...
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by Okworigeorge(m): 11:47am On Aug 31, 2014
tell ur pastor u r a robber n see if he'll refuse ur tithe
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by Rich4god(m): 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
dey dia na... Na them dey even recieve the highest blessing...
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by Youngsage: 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
Your tithes and freewill offering to
God can ONLY be acceptable in His sight if you are born of the Spirit.

The first and most important thing one can give to God is one's heart, that is what He needs, after which other gifts can follow...

You can then be a channel through which God
will bless others in the church.
You can then be a vessel that God will use to
bless His work in the funding of His church.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by jdilight(m): 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
If your not born again and you give tithe, God doesn't receive your tithe.

In that verse the op quoted, who were the people God told to bring their tithe? The were the children of Abraham (isreal). An Egyptian who gives God tithe has no reward from God.

If your not a Christian and you give tithe, no money miss road be that. Tithe giving is like partnership, there must be a relationship before any partnership can stand.
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by PastorKun(m): 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
jdilight: If your not born again and you give tithe, God doesn't receive your tithe.

In that verse the op quoted, who were the people God told to bring their tithe? The were the children of Abraham (isreal). An Egyptian who gives God tithe has no reward from God.

If your not a Christian and you give tithe, no money miss road be that. Tithe giving is like partnership, there must be a relationship before any partnership can stand.

There is not one single verse in the whole bible that requires tithes of christians. Church tithing today is derived from fraudulent manipulation of scriptures by mis applying scriptures asking Israelites to tithe of their farm produce to mean christians should tithe of their income. This is a classic case of twisting scriptures. Christians are not under the law, tithe was a practise under the law and the law was brought to an end with the death and resurrection of christ.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by jdilight(m): 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
PastorKun:

There is not one single verse in the whole bible that requires tithes of christians. Church tithing today is derived from fraudulent manipulation of scriptures by mis applying scriptures asking Israelites to tithe of their farm produce to mean christians should tithe of their income. This is a classic case of twisting scriptures. Christians are not under the law, tithe was a practise under the law and the law was brought to an end with the death and resurrection of christ.

If Christians are not under the law, why do people get pissed off when a Christian brother pregnants a sister outside wedlock?
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by WinsomeX: 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
onihaxy: Happy sunday to every one. I have been wondering about this topic. Every sunday when I go to church, I have been seen my neighbour who operates a beer parlour paying tithes, the woman who sells hot drinks and cigarettes infront of my house also pays tithe and so many people of same worldly business calibre like that.
Now, when its time for tithe collection, the verse in malachi would be read " bring forth your tithes to my house..............and prove me not if I would not bless you" . And most of the times, my pastor would say God blesses every tithers by blessing the works of his/her hand. This brings me back to the question.
Is it the worldly works (beer parlour, cigarettes, hot drinks, drug business, fraud etc) that God would bless and multiply?. Over to you nairalanders. I need answers please.

The scenario painted by the OP, is the reason no one should be paying tithes.

The tithe concept is encouraged to secure God's favour. So we find prostitutes, robbers, kidnappers, and even ritualist tithing. They wish for God to bless their works. Of course such offerings are not acceptable to God but pastors seem not to mind but God minds.

These are the reason the New Covenant abrogated the obedience-for-favor that the OT carries with it. In the NT we don't obey God for favour, rather we obey God bc we are favored. Therefore the tithe concept is not binding on us. Free will giving expresses the NT way of life bc its the result of the influence of the Spirit on the Christian. Unbelievers have no such influence and if churches don't encourage such giving, there will less "defiled" giving in churches.

3 Likes

Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by brocab: 11:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tithes: a tenth of the land's crops prodution, were property of the lord, to be used for the widows, the fatherless, and the stranger in the land-not just for priest" sole usage. Tithes were supposed to be stored in a place commanded by God, to relieve those in need as well as to rejoice, when families and sevants of the contributors were to eat in celebration from the tithed foods, with the priest. The priesthood of Aaron and the sons of levi, which had commandments to take tithes from the people, died with christ's sacrifice of himself, establishing priest of an everlasting priesthood. So tithing died when the old priesthood died. Anyone who takes tithes is a false prophet, Anitichrist, and a deceiver; and to anyone who continues to pay tithes is denying christ's priesthood; both are subject to God's condemnation. Tithing died with the levitical priesthood, the only places tithing is referenced in the new testament is the claim of the self-righteous Pharisee, and the explanation of its death in hebrews. The opostle Paul instructed people to set aside funds from their excess, but that was to relieve the poor, particularly the large numbers of the poor brethren in Jerusalem. Relieving the poor does not include supporting self-appointed pastors or to maintain an uncommanded temple-building. Jesus, Paul, and Peter, all denied those who solicited money for preaching; and as christ instucted his disciples; freely-{without pay} you have recieved. Freely {without charge} Give. Matthew 10-8
PastorKun:

3 Likes

Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by emmyskies(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
The pastor is to blame if he knows the profession of his members and fail to rebuke them.

The prayer of a sinner is an abomination before GOD, how much more their tithe. It is unacceptable in the sight of GOD
Re: Tithe Of A Worldly Worker, Acceptable To God Or Not? by NEquity(m): 3:03am On Sep 05, 2014
Me i wld say God accpts every (faithfl) tithe n blesses (evry) tithe giva bt sum blessings can be left hanging until d unrighteous turns a new leaf....

(1) (Reply)

Spying/expo In Exams Is Not A Sin / Paul A Liar? / Pastor To Spend Christmas In Jail For Giving 11 Year Old Girl Belle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.