Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. (3253 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / Hope Her Fantasy Wont Destroy Her Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
A friend of mine was seeking my advice and says ebola wants to destroy her marriage and wonderful family she built for ten years. She is married to a doctor with specialty in public health and the man loves his job. Since the recent outbreak of the disease in Portharcourt he has been involved in contact tracing and my friend is not happy about it. Basically he goes around tracing people who had contact with the diplomat i.e. index case in Portharcourt and quarintines them. She is not happy about it and wants him discontinue with this voluntary work but he is adamant and wants to give his best to eradicate the disease. She is confused and so much afraid that she wants to move out temporarily with the kids. Personally I don't really know what to advise her as this is beyond me but I only encouraged her to ask him to be careful and wear PPE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Eyop: 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Marriage is for better for worse. So she shouldn't move anywhere but rather keep the husband in prayers. That's her cross so she should carry it.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by SAMBARRY: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Eyin story writers enle o.this your nollywood story sweet o

ebola ladies night nko?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
The last I checked over 200 person were identified and kept on surveillance in Lagos

and no doctor involved were reported infected from the exercise apart from the doctor who treated suya Sawyer

so what's her stress??

abi she don dey eye one fine oil worker for ph there??

1 Like

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yungwizzzy: The last I checked over 200 person were identified and kept on surveillance in Lagos

and no doctor involved were reported infected from the exercise apart from the doctor who treated suya Sawyer

so what's her stress??

abi she don dey eye one fine oil worker for ph there??
the risk of infection is high among health workers and there is need for maximum care to be taken.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Before Ebola,there was love,now with Ebola,there's threat?

Where is her vow "for better,for worse"

I see no threat,the man is only diligent in his work.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by anitank(f): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tell your friend that being married to a medical doctor isn't just for the title 'mrs doctor's wife'. She should be ready for circumstances like this and even worse because that's what they've dedicated their lives to do. The doctor is trying very hard here to make sure this outbreak is contained so there won't be any further spread of the disease, and she wants him to discontinue? That's sad! The only thing the man needs now are supports and prayers from his 'loving' wife and not a runner. She should be updated with Ebola news and help the husband where needs be, not forgetting to always remind him how careful he should be for the sake of their family. Her prayers and support alone are enough to keep him from any harm.
She moves out 'temporarily' with her kids and then what

This is how you differenciate a woman who truly loves her husband from one who just enjoys the benefits of being married to a professionalist, say a medical doctor.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by GboyegaD(m): 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
She is selfish. She should be happy the husband is fighting a good cause instead of her e no concern us attitude.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by crackhaus: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Your friend has every reason to be confused or worried, but what can she do...her husband loves his job and unlike the increasing number of doctors these days who are in it for the money, he's really committed and dedicated to helping out in the way he feels is best.

If this makes her feel better, the job of tracking and putting secondary contacts under surveillance is not risky, the doctors and nurses who've been infected so far got it from treating symptomatic patients.

As a personal precaution like I read on a site about two weeks ago (can't search for it now), anyone involved in the direct handling, caretaking, or treatment of symptomatic patients are advised to construct a decontamination shed outside their houses.
This could be a small secluded space where he/she can have a chlorine bath or the normal bath with sanitizers(disinfectants) on themselves before entering the house. Also, whatever clothing they have on must be washed with soap and disinfected in this same shed.

That's the long process, the shorter one is that the family of the person relocates.

Another option is that everything remains normal, but ensure to be on the lookout for any symptoms in family members and immediately notify the emergency numbers provided.
But remember, one can only get infected by direct contact with someone who's showing symptoms.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus: Your friend has every reason to be confused or worried, but what can she do...her husband loves his job and unlike the increasing number of doctors these days who are in it for the money, he's really committed and dedicated to helping out in the way he feels is best.

If this makes her feel better, the job of tracking and putting secondary contacts under surveillance is not risky, the doctors and nurses who've been infected so far got it from treating symptomatic patients.

As a personal precaution like I read on a site about two weeks ago (can't search for it now), anyone involved in the direct handling, caretaking, or treatment of symptomatic patients are advised to construct a decontamination shed outside their houses.
This could be a small secluded space where he/she can have a chlorine bath or the normal bath with sanitizers(disinfectants) on themselves before entering the house. Also, whatever clothing they have on must be washed with soap and disinfected in this same shed.

That's the long process, the shorter one is that the family of the person relocates.

Another option is that everything remains normal, but ensure to be on the lookout for any symptoms in family members and immediately notify the emergency numbers provided.
But remember, one can only get infected by direct contact with someone who's showing symptoms.
thanks for the information. The biggest risk comes when one is treating someone who is already showing symptoms of the disease. She is just afraid considering all the negative reports about Ebola.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus: Your friend has every reason to be confused or worried, but what can she do...her husband loves his job and unlike the increasing number of doctors these days who are in it for the money, he's really committed and dedicated to helping out in the way he feels is best.

thanks for the information
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
If I were your friend, I would have moved since with my kids
would gladly support his ministry via phone.
after all the quarantine plus 21 days extra, I'll be back from my vacation. cool
wisdom is profitable to direct cheesy wink

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by slimyem: 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
alutacontinua: If I were your friend, I would have moved since with my kids
would gladly support his ministry via phone.
after all the quarantine plus 21 days extra, I'll be back from my vacation. cool
wisdom is profitable to direct cheesy wink
You are kidding....right?

1 Like

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
slimyem: You are kidding....right?

I am very serious cool

as I said, we'll keep communicating, but I won't keep my kids in a house witn a man who MIGHT come down with ebola anytime. Doesn't mean I don't love him, I even expect him to be the one to tell our kids to take a vacation

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by crackhaus: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
chibabe3: thanks for the information. The biggest risk comes when one is treating someone who is already showing symptoms of the disease. She is just afraid considering all the negative reports about Ebola.
You welcome.

The emboldened is enough to make anyone related to a health worker worried, so her fears are permitted. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
alutacontinua:

I am very serious cool

as I said, we'll keep communicating, but I won't keep my kids in a house witn a man who MIGHT come down with ebola anytime. Doesn't mean I don't love him, I even expect him to be the one to tell our kids to take a vacation
grin
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by AtheistD(m): 12:27am On Sep 01, 2014
1 He should continue his hard work. Doctors are exposed to risks of infectious diseases all the time. It is part of the job.

2. They should discuss the relocation to a more suitable place for the family until he is done. It is a safer option for all.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 01, 2014
AtheistD: 1 He should continue his hard work. Doctors are exposed to risks of infectious diseases all the time. It is part of the job.

2. They should discuss the relocation to a more suitable place for the family until he is done. It is a safer option for all.
the husband is not comfortable with that and assuring her that the risk is very minimal... he is safe
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by saintneo(m): 10:41am On Sep 01, 2014
To be realistic, the woman is selfish.

It is better to prevent the spread of ebola than to cure it. Nobody can tell how wide it can go but a little effort from health professionals can stop the spread.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by faithego(f): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2014
Its not wise leavin her house n husband cos of d fear of ebola,no place is safe,hw sure is she that she wouldn't contact it outside wen she leaves,if I were her,I will jst keep prayin n make sure hubby takes his bath first wheneve he returns home .Our safety is in God n dats it
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by gabbytabby: 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Minimal but at the same time increased risk. He should look into decontamination as a compulsory daily ritual or relocate them temporarily.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Acidosis(m): 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
Is the woman an illiterate?

Why marry a public health officer/medical doctor in the first place?

If you must eat the money; then get ready for the risk. The soldiers confronting the militants in Bama, Borno state as we 'speak' are humans like me/you/your husband. They also have lovely & beautiful kids; relatives and loved ones.

No one forced them to join the military; no one forced your husband to attend a medical school; no one forced you to marry a medical doctor. Hence; people should endeavour to bear whatever they sign for.

Btw, I believe her husband has been attending to HIV/AIDs patients before they got married. The man is simply doing his job. She should rather focus on the salary (as month don end so).

1 Like

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
anitank: Tell your friend that being married to a medical doctor isn't just for the title 'mrs doctor's wife'. She should be ready for circumstances like this and even worse because that's what they've dedicated their lives to do. The doctor is trying very hard here to make sure this outbreak is contained so there won't be any further spread of the disease, and she wants him to discontinue? That's sad! The only thing the man needs now are supports and prayers from his 'loving' wife and not a runner. She should be updated with Ebola news and help the husband where needs be, not forgetting to always remind him how careful he should be. Her prayers and support alone are enough to keep him from any harm.
She moves out 'temporarily' with her kids and then what

This is how you differenciate a woman who truly loves her husband from one who just enjoys the benefits of being married to a professionalist, say a medical doctor.

God bless you.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
gabbytabby: Minimal but at the same time increased risk. He should look into decontamination as a compulsory daily ritual or relocate them temporarily.
I also believe that the doctor should take extra care to protect himself from an infection.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by shizzleStar: 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
what a selfish wife....smh
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by DukeNija(m): 12:43am On Sep 02, 2014
alutacontinua:

I am very serious cool

Fair weather wife! Reminds me of when people were running away from Lagos anticipating a tribal war, after the failed presidential election in 93'. Many of them never came back!
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 02, 2014
DukeNija:

Fair weather wife! Reminds me of when people were running away from Lagos anticipating a tribal war, after the failed presidential election in 93'. Many of them never came back!

It's simple logic, really!
I dunno since when stvpidity became the definition of love.
If I am a public health official and I'm in this man's shoes, I'll gladly rent an apartment to save my family the risk. This guy cannot even mistakenly have headache after a long day, his wife will practically freak out. I'm sure each time they're about to have s*x, her heart is pounding. Why put yourself through that? It's basic understanding. Really!
Why is it so hard to grab?
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Godmystrength: 6:36am On Sep 02, 2014
@Acidosis-d soldiers don't go to war front with their family. The only wrong the woman has done is telling her husband to stop. But she is right to be concern abt her family's safety. You won't have unprotected sex with a spouse living wt hiv/aids to prove your love.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Godmystrength: 6:41am On Sep 02, 2014
chibabe3: the husband is not comfortable with that and assuring
her that the risk is very minimal... he is safe
that's the same way that nurse told her fiance thank God she didn't have contact with
Patrick because she wore gloves. Minimal risk is different from zero risk o.
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by pickabeau1: 7:12am On Sep 02, 2014
It is easier to say than do
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by Godmystrength: 7:22am On Sep 02, 2014
if she wants to prove her love and not being 'selfish' like some are calling her, then fine. But she should keep the children out of it cos they didn't sign no ''death warrant'' with the lover birds

Fine she shouldn't stop her husband from doing her job but what the heck! she is a human being like all of us o.
Ebola is even worse than AIDS IMO sha.

crackhaus: But remember, one can only get infected by direct contact with someone who's showing symptoms.
what about having sex with someone infected but not yet showing symptoms?

Even the fear of getting infected will kill me faster than any infection. Imagine after having sex (which you won't enjoy anyway because of the fear), your partner now complains of headache and starts vomiting shocked shocked shocked

won't the husband kiss the wife? won't he kiss the children, what if he is a man that likes peeing on toilet sit etc
Re: Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage. by AtheistD(m): 7:34am On Sep 02, 2014
chibabe3: the husband is not comfortable with that and assuring her that the risk is very minimal... he is safe

It is a highly infectious disease. Risk or no risk he should not take the chance

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Garri Is Finished. Please Help / My Marriage: Lessons For The Wise / Pediasure Any Junior Horlicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.