Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Please Help Me To Explan This Verse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Help Me To Explan This Verse (4694 Views)

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me To Explan This Verse by mirob(f): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
This verse is confusing, I will bless who I want to bless and show mercy upon who I will show mercy. Also it is not he that runneth, it is God that showeth mercy. I don't understand it, does it mean that we should stop praying and stressing our selves because all efforts will be in vain if God does not decide to bless and show us mercy.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me To Explan This Verse by jdilight(m): 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
mirob: This verse is confusing, I will bless who I want to bless and show mercy upon who I will show mercy. Also it is not he that runneth, it is God that showeth mercy. I don't understand it, does it mean that we should stop praying and stressing our selves because all efforts will be in vain if God does not decide to bless and show us mercy.

This verse means if your not in good terms with God your effort will be wasted. But if you are in God standing with God, your little effort will produce great result.

But there must be effort on your part not necessarily prayers.
Re: Please Help Me To Explan This Verse by Sanchez01: 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
mirob: This verse is confusing, I will bless who I want to bless and show mercy upon who I will show mercy. Also it is not he that runneth, it is God that showeth mercy. I don't understand it, does it mean that we should stop praying and stressing our selves because all efforts will be in vain if God does not decide to bless and show us mercy.
When God said He will bless those He wants to bless, He means His own; His beloved and those within His fold, likewise mercy.

By 'it is not he that runneth...' what He means is that hardwork does not guarantee success except He is involved, hence, such a person has obtained mercy from God. Please note that the word 'mercy' means 'Grace'. God gives Grace and from Him alone comes the fountain of Grace. When a rich man dies and people who have little or nothing gather, they say "It is not of Him that willeth or runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy". This implies that the Grace to live or to be alive is given by no other person than God Himself.

You should understand that some enjoy God's grace more than others. The Grace is not given to all equally. Such is the meaning of the Scriptures.

#Shalom!
Re: Please Help Me To Explan This Verse by emmyskies(m): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nope. First GOD show mercy on whom He want for example David(against Saul), Moses(against Aaron and Miriam). This verse doesn't concern people that would be saved on the last day. GOD is referring here to people He will raise to do certain work or be certain people. It doesn't please Him that a single soul should perish, so He sent His son to die for all mankind, that as many as those that believe in Him, should not perish but have eternal life. So as many that believe and walk in Holiness in JESUS CHRIST will be saved. This is the mercy of GOD.

Yet again, it is not of him that willeth neither it is of him that runneth but of the LORD that showeth mercy. Let us compare this scripture to others to get full understanding:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" (Ecclesiastes 9:11).

Now sum up these verse and see the conclusion:
"When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?" (Matthew 19:25)

This is JESUS CHRIST reply:
"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26).

Do you understand now?
Re: Please Help Me To Explan This Verse by majorgr: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
If u are a born again believer then u are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a peculiar generation as d New testament states (the word testament means covenant or agreement). The Bible says the Blessing of the Lord He makes rich and adds no sorrow. In the book of Galatians it states Christ has redeemed us frm the curse of the law been made a curse for us, for it is written curse is anyone who hangs upon a tree so that d blessing (of Abraham) may come upon the gentiles. In d old agreement they were under the law so God had to treat them as under the law but in d new agreement we are under the dispensation of the HoLy Spirit and under Grace, they were not recreated we are, the whole extent of the law was to introduce Christ and the recreation of life. So there, if u are a recreated human being(a true born again xtain) u qualify for d blessing. The first ever word that stroke d ears of the first man Adam was the BLESSING, and God has authorized us to carry this blessing. So dear, u are the blessed of the Lord. Sorry I cudnt mention the very specific verses and chapters I mentioned frm d above bt rest assured they are scriptures. Do hav a nice day.
Re: Please Help Me To Explan This Verse by Image123(m): 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2014

https://www.nairaland.com/1330225/salient-points-epistle-romans/6#18139481
Re: Please Help Me To Explan This Verse by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 04, 2016
It means that the provisions and protection we receive from God are gifts and not out of our own work.

Yet we need to keep God's laws and live according to His principles which will help us to continue being alive to enjoys those gifts.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Religious Leader Ask 400 Members To Cut Off Private Parts To Get Close To God / why Does Science Cotradict Religion? / Adam Was Not The First Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.