Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce (4748 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Divorce Courses Controversy Among Christ Embassy Membe / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Divorce Anita? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Members of the Christ Embassy are divided over a divorce suit filed against the Senior Pastor of
the church, Chris Oyakhilome, by wife, Anita, in a London court.

Oyakhilome is the President of the Believers’ Love World Incorporated, the registered name of the Christian ministry, while his wife is the Vice
President. Some members of the church on a Facebook page, ‘Where is Rev. Anita Oyakhilome,’ which is believed to have been opened by Anita’s fans, expressed differing opinions on the matter.

On Saturday, one of the church members, Ijeoma Olive Ehirim said, “I am a Christ Embassy member. I hate one thing there: How can a pastor be working together with a lady hand in hand, attending meetings and lodging in a hotel for days. My girlfriend travels with our branch pastor annually for PPCF which holds in Lagos.

Only God knows.” Sharing a similar view, Samantha Iwowo, described adultery as one of the grounds for divorce. Iwowo said, “Pastor Chris Oyakhilome must have been discovered compromising his marital bed business. It is what it is. God says judgement
will start from His house. ‘Touch not my anointed’ is God’s instruction regarding all His children, not an individual nicking, scheming, threatening monies off people’s purses and telling them that salvation is tied to tithes and that seed sowing is only money donation to the church/pastor’s coffers. One down, more to roll. Christ be praised.”

In her post, Chinyere Okechukwu-George,
claimed to have left the church when she observed some irregularities. “I and my family left Christ Embassy for our own good after worshiping there for three years plus and seeing all the things going on under the disguise of church. And I can comfortably say that for over a year now, we have had so much
peace in our Christian lives. I don’t care how you view my comment but truth must be told.”

Joseph Osagiede, however, responded saying the
Oyakhilomes were still together. He said, “I have been in Christ Embassy for 12 years. All is totally well with thier marriage. All those wishing them to split and also those going about saying nasty things about the church, be careful.”

Faith Ebunoluwa Adetayo also said, “I have been in Christ Embassy since 1990s and I can authoritatively say some things: I have seen the power of God work, demonstrated in healings and many other things. I have seen how that Pastor Chris is less concerned about mistakes we make. “He believes that these sins of the flesh will disappear, only if we listen to the word of God. Rather than condemning us, he speaks words of encouragement. And for your information, Pastor
Anita is still very much in the ministry and she’s with her darling husband.”

Meanwhile, the Christ Embassy has kept mum on the divorce case. A woman, who picked SUNDAY PUNCH’s call to the Nigerian office of the church on Saturday, said she had no information to give on the matter. When asked to confirm if the divorce suit was true or not, she simply said, “I have no information to give on the matter.”

When another call was made to the church thorough another number, the respondent, who identified herself as Pastor Christabel, said the church had no information about the case. “No, we have no information on the matter,” she said.

An online newspaper, The Cable , had reported on Friday that the divorce case, with Suit No FD14D01650, was filed on April 9, 2014 at the Divorce Section A, Central Family Court, First Avenue House, High Holborn, London, the United Kingdom, on Anita’s behalf by Attwaters Jameson Hill Solicitors. Anita reportedly filed for dissolution of the marriage between her and her pastor husband, which produced two teenage daughters – Sharon and Charlyn – on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour” and “adultery.”
Copyright PUNCH. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

www.punchng.com/news/oyakhilomes-divorce-splits-christ-embassy-members/
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
The above report is by Punch Newspaper on the pending divorce case between Chris Oyakhilome and his wife following allegations of adultery made against Chris himself by his wife.

The aforementioned individuals are die-hard supporters of Chris Oyakhilome on this forum. This thread seeks to find out there own opinion on the allegations made against their pastor.

I also wish to know if the allegations of serial adultery among Christ Embassy Pastors is congruent with biblical doctrine. I wish to understand if the claim to the supernatural: healing, miracles, etc, by the church leaders, should not be called to question. I understand that the only thing worse than an adulterous minister of the bible is the devil himself. Therefore shall we not conclude that the whole believer's loveworld is built upon a foundation of lies?

Disclaimer 1: I want to appeal to Christians who share divergent views of scripture with CEC not to use this thread to ridicule CEC members. That is not the intention of this thread.

Disclaimer 2: I want to state that the opinion of atheists are not needed on this thread. Oyakhilome's fall is a dent on all Christians. It however does not change the truth of the gospel. Oyakhilome is at most 45. The Christian gospel is 2000 years old and has survived all attacks against it. Yours will equally have no effect. We desire Chris to be restored in repentance. This is a "family" matter. Stay out!

Now, my CEC friends, will you attempt the questions?

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Joagbaje(m): 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
1 Peter 4:15
But let none of you suffer as. . a busybody in other men's matters.

Let's talk about Jesus

6 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
Joagbaje: 1 Peter 4:15

Let's talk about Jesus

You can do better than that, my guy. The context of that scripture says:

1 Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

If Oyakhilome will suffer at all, let it not be for evil doing.

So answer the question. What are your sincere opinions?

9 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 8:35am On Sep 01, 2014
Are the questions asked too difficult to answer?

This Oyhakilome quagmire is a blessing to Christ Embassy. It is opportunity for their members to think through the doctrines of that church.

I am still waiting...

3 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Yooguyz: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
WinsomeX: Are the questions asked too difficult to answer?

This Oyhakilome quagmire is a blessing to Christ Embassy. It is opportunity for their members to think through the doctrines of that church.

I am still waiting...

Are you opening this thread to ask opinions of Oyaks divorce or you are trying to question the church doctrine?

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Elijah78: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
A dog cannot give birth to a cat, that is the whole counsel of christembassy. So do not expect a cat to behave like a dog.

Also to be noted is that the faith confessions might not be working if it is all true. May be there is a lack of faith somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Atigba: 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Not surprise....in Christ embassy fornication mean nothing

6 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

Are you opening this thread to ask opinions of Oyaks divorce or you are trying to question the church doctrine?

Both.

The alleged incidence, adultery, that can lead to divorce is enough grounds for CEC people to question the doctrines they've believed all their lives.

Do you have any answers?

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Elijah78: 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2014

Let's talk about Jesus

Also beware of dogs in the church. We don't gossip about our leaders grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
Elijah78:

Also beware of dogs in the church. We don't gossip about our leaders grin shocked

Front page news in Punch is not gossip.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Elijah78: 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
WinsomeX:

Front page news in Punch is not gossip.

Sorry, i am saying this to @Jo, that is what they teach us when we were in CEC, that we should beware of dogs in the church, that we should not gossip about the pastors. I was just trying to be sarcastic. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Rich4god(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
No one is perfect aside from Christ... Even though he is a pastor, it doesnt make him less of human who are prone to error and mistakes. Allow them to be...

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
Elijah78:

Sorry, i am saying this to @Jo, that is what they teach us when we were in CEC, that we should beware of dogs in the church, that we should not gossip about the pastors. I was just trying to be sarcastic. Thanks
. OK.. I get it.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Yooguyz: 2:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
WinsomeX:

Both.

The alleged incidence, adultery, that can lead to divorce is enough grounds for CEC people to question the doctrines they've believed all their lives.

Do you have any answers?

As par doctrine, why not open a new thread on any of her doctrine that borders you. Oyakhilome commited adultery or not, does not change the gospel truth. The only thing we should be concerned about is if his teachings are bible based.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by PastorKun(m): 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2014

Let's talk about Jesus

Is that the bible's position on such matters You and your oga are a disgrace to the body of Christ and you have no business in pastoring his flock.

.1 Timothy 3:1-7New International Version (NIV)

Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons
3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

If oyak's has an ounce of the fear of God in him, he should not only resign but he should bury his name in shame but he wouldn't cause he is too shameless.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

As par doctrine, why not open a new thread on any of her doctrine that borders you. Oyakhilome commited adultery or not, does not change the gospel truth. The only thing we should be concerned about is if his teachings are bible based.

Enough threads have been opened on Nairaland discussing their doctrine; I need not add to it. The purpose of this thread is well dictated in the OP. But the doctrine that permits men to behave like devils is a doctrine of demons.

I was hoping I would find a CEC member to come and prove me wrong. I accept their silence as proof of culpability. If however you have something to say in that regard, I am listening. What you have said so far is not compatible with reason.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Joagbaje(m): 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
PastorKun:

Is that the bible's position on such matters You and your oga are a disgrace to the body of Christ and you have no business in pastoring his flock.

If oyak's has an ounce of the fear of God in him, he should not only resign but he should bury his name in shame but he wouldn't cause he is too shameless.

You're the disgrace .being accused doesn't mean guilty. . He didn't do such thing . But enemies of God like you will be so happy to be under satan employment to spread lie.

In few months to come we shall know the truth.

Psalms 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous:
but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by flourishG(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Joagbaje:

You're the disgrace .being accused doesn't mean guilty. . He didn't do such thing . But enemies of God like you will be so happy to be under satan employment to spread lie.

Will u please shut up.do u know more than his wife that is divorcing him because of unreasonable behavior n adultery? Do u go every with Christian? Do u live with him n wife? How d heck u sure he didn't do it?

6 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Joagbaje:

The UK law under which your pastor's wife has accused him will demand that evidence is supplied to back his wife's allegation of adultery up, if Chris dares to contest it any further. If that happens, it is going to get really messy.

Pastor's Chris best bet is to sign the divorce papers and shut up. Even that is bad bc its proof that he accepts he committed adultery.

Either way the situation does not look good.

My question remains: how does these allegation justify signs, wonders and all your faith doctrine. Awaiting answers...

6 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by flourishG(m): 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Where d heck is this CE errand boy called Gombs that always defend everything jo n Chris does? He can't defend this allegation? Y'all is in a mess, I tell y'all

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Yooguyz: 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
WinsomeX:

Enough threads have been opened on Nairaland discussing their doctrine; I need not add to it. The purpose of this thread is well dictated in the OP. But the doctrine that permits men to behave like devils is a doctrine of demons.

I was hoping I would find a CEC member to come and prove me wrong. I accept their silence as proof of culpability. If however you have something to say in that regard, I am listening. What you have said so far is not compatible with reason.

Am not a CEC member, neither do I support immoral behaviour, but if you are expecting CEC members to change their doctrinal stance because of the scandal ( that is if its true), you may be expecting too much. They would just dissociate his persona from his doctrine, and then the argument goes on.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Rich4god(m): 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
i dont knw why you guys are taking this too far... Sexual immorality is one of the greatest weapon the devil use in getting christians... I can vividly tell you that it exist in almost every church... Either btw the members(thats choirs, ushers etc) or btw the members and the clergy. We are all human. No one is above temptation. My own problem with the oyaks is that, as leaders with huge followers, there should have been forgiveness and reconcillation...
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Joagbaje:

i hope they would all tender their apologies in charismatic way! cool
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
flourishG: Where d heck is this CE errand boy called Gombs that always defend everything jo n Chris does? He can't defend this allegation? Y'all is in a mess, I tell y'all

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u seem too jobless o! the smile on my face is as below's pic

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Joagbaje(m): 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
WinsomeX:
The UK law under which your pastor's wife has accused him will demand that evidence is supplied to back his wife's allegation of adultery up, if Chris dares to contest it any further. If that happens, it is going to get really messy.

There's no evidence it's just satanic rumoour .
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Joagbaje(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gombs:

If they will be humbled enough when that time comes .
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Oyinprince(m): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
SMH
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by flourishG(m): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
Joagbaje:

Gombs:

i hope they would all tender their apologies in charismatic way! cool[/quote]What nonsense u talking?Da wife of a man of God who IS ALSO DA VICE PRESIDENT AND MINISTER OF GOD accused her husband of adultery and u here talking nonsense about people apologize in months to come.u think pple r dam brainwashed like u? If there's anyone to apologize it wife of Chris not public. Continue kissing job's asss u errand boi.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Joagbaje:

If they will be humbled enough when that time comes .

SADLY, THEY wont... humility is of God!

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by flourishG(m): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gombs:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u seem too jobless o! the smile on my face is as below's pic
U r yourself miserable not another man. U worshiping man but u can't see it. Get a life for ya miserable self n leave errand boi alone let Chris carry his own cross n stop defending lies n immorality in da body of Christ

4 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by mbaemeka(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
You people that are responding to this inanity are the true heroes. Just a few weeks back Beyoncé had hired lawyers to divorce her husband JayZ. She had bought a house in NY worth $21M. She had accused him of Adultery and what not. All his mistresses came out to talk. As this News kept filtering through all the major news stations carried it- NBC, FOX, CNN even E! As well as all the blogs.

When the woman got tired she put a picture of herself wearing a jersey with her husbands name yet the critics claimed it was old (imagine on her own INSTAGRAM page o). Then she put a picture of her husband with their daughter and called them her favorite hue. The Gossips still didn't budge. Finally after performing in a particular show, her husband came out with their daughter to celebrate and honor her. They even showed many signs of affection. Guess what our critics said- that they were doing it as a public stunt.

It is this same ignoramuses again only at a different level. How many years ago have they separated the MOG from his wife? How many years ago did they divorce her from him? Now they're creating blogs and fake pages and even falsifying quotes on them. It is satan for we know how he acts. So we expect another promotion in the realm of the spirit. As this sort of false news always bring such our way

We know they will not stop simply because a demon has been instructed to use and destroy them. That's why Pastor Chris never responds but will instead walk in love. He knows about the vengeance of God. There are some other MOG that would have put many bloggers in jail by now while the vengeance of God will come later. grin grin

So brethren, I implore you all by the mercies of God not to bother honoring such threads with a response. This man built a world class auditorium for AAU and the thread barely made 4 pages. When sick presidents meet him and get healed Vanguard doesn't carry it. When he gives widows 2M naira nobody wants to hear about it or if he gives a drummer a brand new SUV 2014 model they will call him a thief. But just a rumour about him losing a strand of hair and now everyone knows who he is and what he teaches.

Nigerians and some even so called Christians in general. Very funny bunch of people I tell you.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Human Mind Is The True GOD / 5 Strange Things About The Church Called COZA / What's That Thing Said By The Preacher That Compelled You To Repent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.