Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Call For A Change In Nigerian Residential Architecture - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Call For A Change In Nigerian Residential Architecture (1832 Views)

3 Billion Naira Residential Building. Possible? / The Wackiest Architecture In The World / Architecture: Construction Of Duplex In Lekki & Akwa-Ibom State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Call For A Change In Nigerian Residential Architecture by DArchitect(m): 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
Architecture in West-Africa is progressing we can all agree. Here in Nigeria, Its remarkable what our So called Architects design and call modern Houses, its embarrassing to a large extent. Don’t get me wrong, in terms of Our Commercial highrise architecture and other aspects our numerous indigenous designers have been really trying. The issue at hand Is our residential house designs (Basic Homes).

This aspect is where as a great nation need a change. We need to improve from the typical box and a cap on it routine (Hip Roofs), and poor façade design due to window types , choice of materials , choice of façade likewise interior finishes e.t.c.

Residential architecture in Nigeria should be on the same level as any developed county in the world, cause there are a lot of well to do Nigerians out there willing to pay millions for their dream home, not to talk of our Nigerian celebrities spending millions on these same so called ‘’Modern houses’’. For instance take the music duos Paul and Peter Okoye, these guys spent over 300millon naira for their square villa In Ikeja. Am sure most of us reading these article have seen the pics of the house. I don t blame Psquare at all, I seriously blame the Architect for that poor design.
Fiind attached Pics of Modern Houses outside Nigeria and i believe its time we start seeing such in our Great Country Nigeria.

Any ideas or comments please e-mail me at ephilip357@gmail.com............ Thank U grin

(1) (Reply)

1and Half Plot Of Land Facing Expressway At Abijo Just For #25m Net / Urgently Request Of A 800sqm Land At Cowrie Creek Estate Lekki / Quote For Aluminum Window (casement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.