Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (43946 Views)

What Caffeine Does To Our Systems / What Ebola Does To The Skin (pictures)! / Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
shosky1794:

Nothing special will happen. I've been taking coffee since I got out of high school. I stopped in-between though. Situations around me actually determine if I'll stick to it or not. So I stop or continue with it depending on.....

Nothing can separate me from my coffee. People should also try coffee with lime. It makes good sense. There's even a blend of that from Nestlé. Not sure if it's in Nigeria though. Then there's Nestlé Nespresso capsule.
whatever makes you happy,, cheers *raises my tot of Jack Daniels *
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by shosky1794: 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: whatever makes you happy,, cheers *raises my tot of Jack Daniels *

.. And now you mentioned Jack D. Just what's on my mind. Cheers to you on that.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
shosky1794:

.. And now you mentioned Jack D. Just what's on my mind. Cheers to you on that.
grin grin
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by ibiso1986: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
Stingybread, why is it that after taking a bottle of Legend, I'm always romantic.. That is I flow with girls without running out of topic.. I'm more interesting and they always like me during that interval but after 2 hours wen the alcohol has subsided, its back to square 1.. The girls will now consider me as d boring type and start asking me what happened.. Explain am now..
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by SirElaw(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
I took a lot of coffee during my university days. Especially in my finals, in my pursuit of a second class upper degree, coffee was my best companion. Thank God I made it.

1 Like

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
ibiso1986: Stingybread, why is it that after taking a bottle of Legend, I'm always romantic.. That is I flow with girls without running out of topic.. I'm more interesting and they always like me during that interval but after 2 hours wen the alcohol has subsided, its back to square 1.. The girls will now consider me as d boring type and start asking me what happened.. Explain am now..
my brother,, go see a therapist

1 Like

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by dominique(f): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
medtes100: coffee, really bad when u take too much and u try to withdraw from it. could lead to excruciating headaches and insomnia. Its a year and half dt i stopped taking coffee and am still suffering from d withdrawal effects. d most painful part is d inability to read. really affecting my grades in school. praying to get over it soon.

You're absolutely correct. I used to drink lots of coffee back in my university days especially during exam period. After the exam, I suffer from terrible headaches and fatigue for the next few days. I remember my third year in uni when I drank lots of thick black coffee to study for two heavy four unit courses. The first one went fairly ok while the second one was a disaster. I couldn't sleep all night and I was so disoriented for the exam. I could barely read or write properly, got to a stage I had to drop my pen and rest my head on the table. In the end, I couldn't finish on the paper inspite of the 3 hours given. I ended up getting a B and a C and the headache that followed was major. That was the last time I ever drank black coffee.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by dazzy4real(m): 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
I've been drinking coffee but i don't see it keeping me Alert . so let me ask is it black coffee or mixtures ?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by aboyaji(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
xtervaganza: so drinking coffee now means one is forming britiko? ??
oscourfe
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Waspy(m): 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
kennygee: We have an addict in my office, she takes Nescafe three in one (3 sachets) morning and 3 sachets in the afternoon, the thing done dry her skin, yet she no want hear.

The energy part is very true about her too.
she takes it at night too but dont tell her I told you already, it's a lil secret lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by ziga: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: Coffee wakes you up in the morning and keeps you alert throughout the day, but how does its magic ingredient actually work?
The first thing to know is that part of your natural tiredness comes from a molecule called adenosine, which is produced by your body while it chugs along through the day. "While you sleep, the concentration of adenosine declines, gradually promoting wakefulness. Meanwhile, the more adenosine that builds up, the sleepier you feel.

Your morning coffee is able to hijack that process because caffeine looks a lot like adenosine to your brain cells:

Because of its similar shape, caffeine can bind to the adenosine receptors in your brain. Once the caffeine is locked into adenosine's rightful spot though, there is no way for the adenosine to stick around — which prevents it from building up and making you sleepy.

Without the molecule that usually induces exhaustion, "our natural stimulants run wild," Joseph Stromberg writes in Smithsonian. The result? You feel wide awake — at least for a while.

But all good things must come to an end, and your brain quickly wises up to your tricks.

When the adenosine is continually blocked from binding to its receptors, your body eventually creates more receptors — which means you need even more caffeine to plug them up. This can make kicking your coffee habit increasingly difficult, and make you need more and more caffeine to stay alert.

"When you try to quit drinking coffee or miss your daily intake, you might experience some withdrawal symptoms and feel more tired than you would have before you ever drank coffee."

But caffeine does more than just block adenosine. It can also pump up your levels of adrenaline and boost your mood — "the exact same thing cocaine does, just to a lesser degree,"

This article was on yahoo.

You should include the source of the article, so people don't start to think it is your material.

Be careful before you get sued for plagiarism.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-does-coffee-affect-your-brain-2014-8
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
Forget coffee, TEA is where it's at.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by hameen11: 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
MYSTERIOUS!!! Meet 14yrs old Ali Hussain, The Boy With The Body Of A 110-year-old Man (photos)

This 14-year-old boy, Ali Hussain, has been left with the body of a 110-year-old
in India because he has a rare disease which makes him age eight times
faster than normal.

For Full news and More Photos About this Mysterious Boy Click the link Below. Viewers discretion!!

http://www.tininews.com/meet-14yrs-old-ali-hussain-boy-body-110-year-old-man-photos/

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: Forget coffee, TEA is where it's at.

You don't like coffee? cheesy
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Enahi(f): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Now I know why I feel high when I take coffee,but it also makes me nervous and extra hyper. I like coffee.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by jnrbayano(m): 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Enahi: Now I know why I feel high when I take coffee,but it also makes me nervous and extra hyper. I like coffee.

Daniella!
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by chidanzy(m): 9:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: my brother,, go see a therapist
really need one, whr can I find one ?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
RedClay:

You don't like coffee? cheesy

Strictly tea smiley
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Enahi(f): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
jnrbayano:

Daniella!
lol ,how u dey
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by jnrbayano(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Enahi: lol ,how u dey

I am alright
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Enahi(f): 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
dazzy4real: I've been drinking coffee but i don't see it keeping me Alert . so let me ask is it black coffee or mixtures ?
Black coffee is the magic.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Enahi(f): 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
jnrbayano:

Daniella!
please na,stop calling me Daniella.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by jnrbayano(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Enahi: please na,stop calling me Daniella.

Alright, plea accepted.

smiley
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Enahi(f): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
kiss
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by omophunky(m): 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nmeri17: plot 1 nairaland avenue otta Lagos. omonile keep off angry angry
Hey, where is ur proof of ownership?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by lekjons(m): 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
do u na oyinbo type Alomo?? ;Ddo u na oyinbo type Alomo??
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Ehizzy007: 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen... that is why Organo Gold Coffee has come to Nigeria to boost your immune system. it contains Ganoderma which does a lot of positive things to the body, it is anti oxidant and one of its brand makes you sleep well, it detoxificates and gives you energy. Organo Gold has suppressed the toxicity of caffeine in a way that you still enjoy your coffee. We have Gourmet black, Mocha,latte, hot chocolate etc. It also takes care of your pocket as it is one of the MLM, you get paid for drinking coffee which is the 2nd most consumed liquid after water.#join The winning team.

For more info. Check out www.ehiane.myorganogold.com

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by suptol(m): 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio

For your graphic design works, get in touch with me.
Found above is a link to my portfolio and contact details. Thanks.

We keep it simple, yet pass the message
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Capableben(m): 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: am practising,,
Cool,what can you say about unemployment as it pertains to upcoming engineers like myself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Mohammed Abubakar Tests Positive Again, 4 Weeks After / Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? / Things to avoid doing right after waking up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.