Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down (2353 Views)

Dammykrane's Blood-Soaked Cloth After Wizkid Smashed Bottle On His Head (Photo) / Weird.. Meet The Makeup Artist That Made Herself Look Exactly Like Her Dog / Brazilian Man Changes Face To Dog Face Through Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by ggrin(f): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
WEIRD: Meet The Brazilian Man Born With His Head Upside-Down
A man born with physical disabilities so severe his head is Upside-down has defied the odds to become an inspirational public speaker.
Claudio Vieira de Oliveira,37, was born with his neck folded back on itself, as well as badly deformed legs and almost no use of his arms and hands. Doctors told his mother to stop feeding him as a newborn as they believed he had no chance of survival.
But Claudio from Monte Santo, Brazil, has overcome his extreme disadvantages to graduate as an accountant and become a public speaker. Continue
“Since I was a child I’ve always liked to keep myself busy and work – I don’t like to depend totally on other people.
I do a bit of accounting, research for clients and consulting. I have learned to turn on the TV, pick up my cell phone, turn on the radio, use the internet, my computer – I do it all by myself.” he said.
Claudio types with a pen held in his mouth, operates phones and a computer mouse with his lips and has specially made shoes that allow him to move around town. His determined independence saw him succeeding at school and qualifying as an accountant from the State University of Feira de Santana.
When Claudio was born, doctors told his mother Maria Jose he would not be able to survive. Maria Jose said:
“People started saying ‘the baby is going to die’ because he could barely breathe when he was born. Some people would say: ‘Don’t feed him, he is already dying’. But there’s only happiness now.
Claudio is just like any other person – that’s how he was raised in this house. We never tried to fix him and always wanted him to do the normal things everyone else does. That’s why he is so confident. He is not ashamed of walking around in the street – he sings and he dances.”
At eight years old, Claudio, who had previously been carried everywhere, began to walk on his knees.
His family had to change the floor of the house so he could walk around without injuring himself.
Claudio’s bed, plugs and lights had to be made lower so that he could do things for himself without asking for help.
He cannot use a wheelchair because of his unusual shape, making it hard for him to be independent outside the home – but he begged his mother to be allowed to go to school and learn with the other children. Doctors have recently diagnosed him with a rare condition called congenital arthrogryposis
They believe he has multiple joint contractions in his legs and arms which mean they cannot extend properly. Claudio said:
“Throughout my life I was able to adapt my body to the world. Right now, I don’t see myself as being different. I am a normal person. I don’t see things upside-down. This is one of the things I always talk about in my interventions as a public speaker.
“Nowadays it’s much easier to deal with the public, I’m not afraid of it anymore and I can say that I am a professional, international public speaker and that I receive invitations from all over the world.”
Source:UK Mirror
END TIME HEAD grincheesy<sadlipsrsealed

Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by leonard509(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Make I first comment .
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by Sallychizzl3: 6:15am On Sep 03, 2014
nawa o . shocked
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by Misblah(f): 6:51am On Sep 03, 2014
Lord Jesus,I thank you for this great and awesome body you have given me. I am not better or holier or more righteus than this guy neither is he more sinful than I am bt Baba twas ur grace nd mercy. For this nd many more with my heart to u,I say thank you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by jeffizy(m): 7:44am On Sep 03, 2014
In every situation I find myself, Lord teach me to be thankful. sad
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by obiscolly(m): 10:46am On Sep 03, 2014
I saw an article on the guy yesterday and I was wowed! shocked God is indeed awesome!

1 Like

Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by caslord(m): 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
Indeed God is great!!!

1 Like

Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by elobyobi: 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
This human body eh....each so ordinary, and yet so unique
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
shocked
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by iceberylin(m): 6:15am On Sep 04, 2014
Ggrin is that Andyblaze
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by ggrin(f): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2014
iceberylin: Ggrin is that Andyblaze
insultangry ,that's iceberylin btw angry
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by iceberylin(m): 7:29am On Sep 04, 2014
ggrin: insultangry ,that's Andy btw angry
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by ggrin(f): 7:32am On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=iceberylin][/quote]whatundecided
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by Crixina(f): 8:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Truth is I don't wanna meet this guy.
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by bebe2(f): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2014
obiscolly: I saw an article on the guy yesterday and I was wowed! shocked God is indeed awesome!

Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by obiscolly(m): 11:54am On Sep 04, 2014
bebe2:

Warris it
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by bebe2(f): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
obiscolly:
Warris it

You said God is awesome.
How is God awesome wen a person is in perpetual pain day n night?

When he can never meet up to his peers?
Re: WEIRD: meet the Brazilian man born with his head upside down by obiscolly(m): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
bebe2:

You said God is awesome.
How is God awesome wen a person is in perpetual pain day n night?

When he can never meet up to his peers?
Well I'm looking at the brighter side. Can you think of how someone born like that is a graduate of accounting and a motivational speaker. That's indeed a miracle and God's awesome!

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Kardashians’ Dad Buys $50k Race Car To Celebrate Split From Kris Jenner / OMG!! You Wont Beleive What Kim K Asked Kanye West To Do Coz Of Amber Rose / Wizkid Acquires New Tattoo; Tattooed Fela Anikulapo And Lion Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.