Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,367 members, 7,861,012 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) - Literature (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (633893 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / All In A Circle...(a Crime Story)-- The Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by olatunji390(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
Its like this story is interesting. Is it true?
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
"Have your seat." Ngozi said to victoria who quickly took her seat among the tens of chairs arranged into waiting room while Ngozi disappeared into where Victoria concluded to be an office.
----
Clement was discussing with Matilda who was all smiles as they chatted.
"Its good to have faith, because someone without fait will definitely be at the loosing end. See how my faith in you has finally paid off. I wanted you to keep tabs on a suspect and one way or the other, the suspect will be here in few minutes, all thanks to you." Clement said and watched the reaction of the lady before him. Matilda only smiled.
"I can't imagine myself keeping surveillance on a suspect while I am working on a more bigger case, but with the brains around me, I believe success will be ours at last." Clement continued.
Just then a knock sounded on the door.
"Come in." Clement said.
The door opened and Ngozi walked in.
"Hope, I am not disturbing anything?" She asked.
"Not at all, we are just discussing." Clement replied.
Ngozi walked to her table, on her mind was her proposed meeting with Kelvin. She wanted to hear him out, she wanted to know what he meant by the fact that he had something concerning her job and the case at hand.
"The girl Victoria is in the waiting room." Ngozi said.
"Okay." Clement said re-arranging his table as he picked his notepad and a ball pen, he walked out of the office.
"Can I come with you?" Matilda asked.
"Sure." Clement replied.
-------------
He had been praying that his fears wasn't confirmed because since it has been confirmed that the suspect they were keeping a watch on lived in house 25, Ajayi estate which happened to be his mother's duplex which she bought after the seperation with his father over a decade ago. He had hoped that the lady suspect should be his sister, but his fears was confirmed when reports reached him that the lady's name was Victoria. He knew she must be his sister, but the confusion that rocked the Obi Patrick family a decade ago was that Mrs Alice Obi Patrick was infidel and unfaithful in marriage, and the time which she committed the act coincided with the year little Victoria was born. Chief Obi denied the paternity of the girl who was then fifteen years old. He sent both mother and daughter away and restricted his two boy from ever visiting them. Which was why in the last decade, Clement only say Victoria and his mum once, Kelvin who was the bad egg in the family and their father's favourite hadn't set his eyes on both his mother and kid sister in ten years.
He stopped in his tracks when he saw Victoria seated innocently in the waiting room. He could remember the few times they had spent together as kids, he ever glowing face and her smiles, the fear in her eyes when things go wrong and her fragile heart that made her cry over little things. Even though he didn't know much about her because in a year, they only meet twice, during the summer vacation and Christmas holiday. And on both occassions they are always like strangers. Apart from her name and the fact that she was his sister, he knew nothing else about her.
----
Victoria froze on seeing Clement, she knew it, he was her brother. There was not much change in his looks, still that hadsome guy that only smiled when things are in his favour. She could remember the few times they fought as kids, she remembered the first and the only time they fought, how he had beaten her for tampering with the wire connecting with the huge christmas tree in the living room and how she had ran to the kitchen to grab a knife, something she learnt from her friends in the hostel. This only earned her more beating as he beat her to a pulp. She never had the chance to apologize to him, because two days later, she left the mansion with her father and the following week, she learnt Clement had left the country for a two years course in criminology. He was twenty years old then.
"Victoria." He said.
She gave him that ever beautiful smile which gladdened his heart.
"Do you know her sir?" Matilda asked.
Just like being influence by a battery remote, she stood up slowly and moved close to him, still contemplating as she closed in on him before enveloping him in a tight hug.

--to be continued--

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by alabig(m): 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
Getting and getting more interesting every update by update. The circle is gradually unveiling its secret, it's just a matter of time. D9ty7 you rocks.

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tecno4life(m): 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
adewealth027:
Ifa cash u dis big head boi ehn U will smell ur bombom
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tecno4life(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
Oga D9ty7 thanks
But.....but cry cry cry
Clement will soon see the circles
His families secret
Father and son will collide shocked
Kelv will find his father secret while Obi Patrick finds out who Danger-Kelv is cry cry
But it's gonna be heartbreaking for clement cry cry
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by MherihGold(f): 12:16am On Dec 16, 2014
Really wanna know how this story will end like seriously... Welldone D9ty7
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by onosj(f): 4:44am On Dec 16, 2014
Clement rain nor dey fall 4 only 1 person roof ooooooo..... D9ty7 gud morning 2 u.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by summerflame(m): 6:17am On Dec 16, 2014
Can I send you a PM dear?
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 6:53am On Dec 16, 2014
summerflame:
Can I send you a PM dear?
Yes boss!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kocvalour(m): 6:54am On Dec 16, 2014
good morning all
Kelvin still the best
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 6:55am On Dec 16, 2014
Good morning guys, how was your night? Hope y'all slep well? Sure, I did.
Update drops in minutes.

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Chimdim: 7:03am On Dec 16, 2014
good morning dear, ur re more than good , ride on
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Ziziola: 7:04am On Dec 16, 2014
Hmmm...... The circle is almos drawn. I can't imagine Clement's reacion on getting to know his sister was an assasin
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 7:17am On Dec 16, 2014
Getting hotter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 7:17am On Dec 16, 2014
--continuation--
"So Victoria, tell me, do you know why you were attacked?" Clement said. This time they were both in the interrogation room which was brightly lit with large halogen bulbs that could render once sight useless if starred at for a long time.
Victoria knew their was no point lying or hiding anything from her brother.
"I can't point the main reason why I was attacked. He only came with his boys and the next thing they were molesting me." She replied.
"But, it was evident that you two had things in common. He knew you and you know him too, he is a criminal and you are what?" Clement asked.
Victoria looked at Matilda who gave her an encouraging smile.
"What?" Clement asked.
"Tell her to excuse us." She said.
"What for? She is an officer just like me, she has every right to be here." Clement replied.
"Please, there are some things I will like to tell you that no third party must hear." Victoria replied.
"That's impossible. She is no third party...." He was saying.
"Sir." Matilda called.
Clement turned to face her where she stood at the door.
"Let me just excuse you two." She said and walked out of the room.
"so tell me, what's your relationship with Rahmon?" He asked.
"I don't know why he attacked me." She replied.
This was not the question he asked her.
"Do you even know why you are brought here?" Clement asked.
She shook her head in the negative.
"Everyone knew you were attacked, but to our suprise, we discovered that you single-handedly took out two of your attackers. Not only that, you made use of a gun. Everyone agreed that it was a means of self defence which was justified by the law. But the main reason was how you have a gun in your possession." Clement explained.
She heaved a sigh of relief, afterall, no one is yet to know about her ugly past, but there was no way she was getting out of the guns caught in her possession charge.
"Where did you get a gun?" Clement asked.
She wanted to open up to him, but she felt there was a way she could get herself out if she played her way out.
"The guns belonged to the men. The first one I killed, I didn't use a gun on him, I strangled him to death and I picked the gun from his pocket. I only used the gun on the second one when things threatened to go out of hand." She lied.
"No one is blaming you for killing those men, but according to Matilda who was an eye witness, she said something like you and Rahmon talking about a business. Just last week, you were spotted with a guy called Don. Yes or no?"
Then she knew it, the police had been on her trail for a very long time, how could she be so stupid that she didn't keep an eye on the rear mirror as she drove. But she remembered she had only seen a car on her trail once before the Matilda's scenario, which was when she went to arrest Janet from her apartment. She waved it off since she wasn't going for something illegal.
"I am not convinced by your explanation that you took the gun from the men because Matilda said there was more to it. Rahmon knew you, you know him and it seems you have a common business." He said and watched her reaction.
There was nothing different about her reaction, she still wore that fazed look.
"A search team will go to your apartment now to get anything inplicating and otherwise." Clement said.
She thought for a while trying to picture her room if there was nothing incriminating in there.
"Why would they search my room?" She asked this time with an alarmed look.
"Guns were caught in your possession, you spoke with Rahmon like you know him. Victoria, tell me, what job do you do now? I believe you should have graduated." He asked.
That was the question she wasn't expecting, how on earth does he expect her to open up to him, "I am an assassin?" How does it even sound in the ear? Not even in just any policeman's ear, but his brother. This should have been a perfect reunion, but it is turning out to be something else.
"Sir, your attention is needed with the Rahmon of a criminal." A police officer peeped in and said.
"Is he ready to confess?" Clement asked.
"I think it has to do with his health. He is almost dying sir." The officer replied.
At once, Clement sprang up and ran out of the room.
A prayer point on Victoria's mind, was that Rahmon should die so that he won't live to tell the police what they had in common.
--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2014
oga d you sure this would end come guys your dats

m glued
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:00am On Dec 16, 2014
--continuation--
About an hour later, Clement returned all sweaty and tired.
"Welcome." Victoria said as soon as he entered the interrogation room.
"Yeah, thank you." Clement replied as he took a seat opposite her.
"How is he now?" She asked.
"He has been taken to the hospital." Clement replied.
She was disappointed that he didn't die, because she knew sooner or later, her secrets will be in the open.
"Bro Clement, can I tell you something?" She asked.
He was suprised to hear her call him by the title 'Bro'
"You can trust me." Clement replied.
"Bro, it was after I left with my mum then that my friends introduced me to what they do in the school. The first time some senior boys bullied me in the school canteen, but since I had no means to defend myself, I was bullied. The second time, it was after a sport session in the school, then we were changing to our school uniforms in the locker rooms. I was the last person to change because I was very secretive about my body, then I forgot to lock the door as I changed, when the senior boys came in and asked me to remove my uniform and they all had fun looking at me, but they couldn't go beyond that.
A few days later, I confided in one of my hostel mates who happened to be my bunk mate. She agreed to introduce me to what she does as well as other girls to defend themselves. I was initiated into a group known as 'water ladies.' We virtually ran the school, even the boys feared us, I became untouchable. For the last one year I spent in secondary school, I was the most feared. We left school at will, skip classes, go head-to-head with teachers. I thought everything will stop after secondary school.
But unfortunately for me, I gained admission into UNILAG with most of my secondary school mates and therefore we maintained that clique, no one dare step our toe in school, but we were not cultists."
Clement knew where this was heading to, he already got where she was coming from.
"How does that concern the case at hand?" Clement asked.
"I met Don in my second year and subsequently met Rahmon. I dropped out at the begining on my third year and teamed up with Don who had also been rusticated."
"To do what?" Clement asked already on his feet.
"I am an assassin." She replied.
"What!" He exclaimed.
That minute, he could feel his world crumble before him. His sister whom he last saw many years ago. Just when he thought she was back with him, things had already gone wrong.
"But, believe me, I have stopped being an assassin for a very long time. I don't know why Rahmon is after me." She added.
"Victoria, but why? Don't you have teachers to report to when you discovered that some set of boys were bullying you? Don't you have councellors to talk to?" He asked.
"You won't understand. The pressure was too much then that reporting to anyone was the last thing on my mind." She replied.
He looked at her one last time and walked out of the interrogation room.
"Lock her up." He said to the policeman standing at the door.
He could hear Victoria's screams and cries as he walked back into the waiting room where he met his mother.
"Clement." She said like she had seen a ghost.
"Mum." He replied prostrating for his mother.
She wanted to talk, but no word came out. She opened her mouth but couldn't join letters to form a word.
"Where is your sister?" She asked.
It seemed like she knew the kind of job she does, because from the look on her face, it seemed like she knew she would be locked up.
"Let go to my office." He said leading the way.
The two officers behind the counter were watching their boss in awe, first the suspect brought in for interrogation was his sister, now the mother is here. Why is this happening to oga clement? Was the question making the rounds.

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 8:18am On Dec 16, 2014
I wonder how Oga clement will feel when he finds out dat he is surrounded by terrorist in his own family

#Dis is jst the begining

*oga D i hail oo*
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2014
Oga clement just started ooo....soon they will start crying for him..nice work bro,it was a sumptuous breakfast.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2014
--continuation--
Ngozi was deep in thoughts when Clement led an ederly woman in her late fifties into the office.
"Ngozi, please excuse us." Clement said.
She picked up her phone and walked out after exchanging pleasantries with the woman. On getting outside, she realised this is the best time to go see Kelvin just like he requested.
She walked back into the office.
"Clement, please I need your car." She pleaded.
"Its somewhere over there." He replied pointing to a shelf at the far end corner of the room. It was not like she needed to plead before she took the key or even ask him, but she only saw it as something neccessary. He had aready lost the trust he had in her, right from the night she ran away from home. And she was on a mission to regain his lost trust.
She unlocked the car doors and hopped behind the wheel.
"Hello Kelvin, where are you?" She asked.
"I am at work and you?" He replied.
"Can you come and see me now?" She asked.
"Definitely. So where do we meet?"
"The eatery along Bode Thomas. How about that?" She said.
"How about if we go to the hotel we lodged in the last time?" He asked.
"No way am I going to an hotel with you. So you can have your way with me all over again right?" She asked.
"Fine, so what do you want? I am not going to an eatery with you." he replied.
It did not work.
"This is it, I'll be waiting for you at the police headquarters bus/stop. All you need to do is join me in the car." She said and hung up.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Maleek was seated as usual in the hall which served as his office and meeting place with his high ranking officials in the Khal corp.
Kelvin walked back into the hall, he went to recieve a call outside.
"So what did she say?" Maleek asked.
"I am meeting her in thirty minutes." Kelvin replied.
"Do you need backup?" Maleek asked further.
"Its me Danger-kelv. I don't need distractions?" He replied.
"Now that you are meeting the lady, when sheould we strike her fiancee?" Hakym asked.
"I'll tell you. First, I need to get everything that she knows, then we look at the threat she poses before hitting her or her fiancee." Kelvin replied.
Since Kelvin resumed for work this morning and he briefed the attack on the underground and the masterminds to Maleek, an emergency meeting has been called and they had gone into series of debate in the last one and a half hours. She told them about a certain detective Ngozi discovering the underground, the corporation most strongest defence but quickest means of downfall. And subsequently, about thirty members of the khal corp had been killed, meaning, the underground was now a safe place to walk into and land directly in the room opposite Maleek's office. Maleek together with Kelvin had agreed that Ngozi must also be punished, and therefore they had decided to kill her morale and desire to work by killing the person closest to her, which is her fiancee, Tobiloba. It was part of the working ethics of the corporation that they would try as much as possible not to kill top police officers who were actively involved in bringing Khal corp down. Their aim was to weaken everyone in the police force, kill their morale, ridicule their actions and forcing them into surrendering their arms and in the end grant Nigeria as a country amnesty and not the other way round. According to Maleek, killing policemen shows how weak they(Khal corp) were, but it would be a perfect scene to watch if the police decides to surrender their arms and seek peace from the corp.
"Get as much informations from her as possible. We need to know how far they have gone, becuase since we sent letters to Clement, he had withdrawn into his shell, Sylvester didn't even report to work this morning. These exactly are the things we want to achieve." Maleek said.
"Goodluck man."
Kelvin walked out of the hall. He had no choice other than to work for the corporation who had done a lot for him, but one thing he would never join them to do was attack his brother's family.

--to be continued--

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2014
Abeg D9ty7......if u wan kill Ngozi......pls go ahead but don't dare touch Tobi....
I really feel for clement o........his world is gonna crumbe when he finds out about his brother and father's involvement with khal's cooperation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2014
Danger-Kelv!!!
Ngozi u beta b careful wit d tinx u say 2 DK
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by macpetrus(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2014
Danger Kev and Nogiz. Nogiz pls use ur sense Oooo, Danger-K don't try or even think abut Tobi unless u want ot knw who is more dangerous btw me and You
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2014
Oga i must confess, u r d boko haram bomb. I love diz story pass pvssi..
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tecno4life(m): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2014
d9ty7 what sumptuous breakfast
FEED ME MORE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tecno4life(m): 9:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Bluestarry:

na lie
how a whole bluefilm go like story pass pvssy
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Ifa cash u dis boi ehn.............u will be talking here and we go dey look 4u for ur side
Bluestarry:
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by pishon: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2014
Now I say Hmmmm! My heart is beating very fast o. Great job Dt.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2014
tecno4life:

na lie
how a whole bluefilm go like story pass pvssy
am not lying na ask my jt. Today is sunday na aw can i lie?
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2014
adewealth027:
Ifa cash u dis boi ehn.............u will be talking here and we go dey look 4u for ur side
when u hear him say pvssy ,he means CAT
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2014
adewealth027:
haha go police station if u no c me na. I am "UNSEEABLE"

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (214) (Reply)

Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.