Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,326 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! (26361 Views)

Diy-home Made Facial Mask / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Bemmics: 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Iolite: Is the Aloe vera compulsory? Cos I can't stand the taste if my hands get close to my lips.
Nobody is saying you should eat or taste it...its for your hands oooo
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by jornie(m): 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by jornie(m): 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
@op nice thread.Pls permit me to add. DECLAIMER!!! its safer and cheaper to use a laboratory tested and Nafdac registered sanitizer cuz u can't gurantee the potency of this and u don't know d side effects of this.u use it at ur own risk.be wise,be educated. wink
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by uchebest2006(m): 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP THE WICKEDNESS OF STEP MOTHER'S IN NIGERIA

PLEASE READ OF SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.....!!!

www.nairaland.com/1856049/war-against-step-motherss-wasms
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Emmafrancis: 12:21am On Sep 10, 2014
iceberylin: Am on my way to make My own Hand Sanitizer wink

Omo you and these your motion comments today got me laughing all day. Ur concept tight

1 Like

Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by laudate: 12:24am On Sep 10, 2014
Iolite: Is the Aloe vera compulsory? Cos I can't stand the taste if my hands get close to my lips.

Am allergic to aloe vera shocked

1 Like

Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by gbodimowo(m): 3:09am On Sep 10, 2014
bestestgirl: This is the most reasonable topic I've seen today!!
Thanks OP

I agree
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by mafioso47(m): 4:46am On Sep 10, 2014
ulster:
It is optional, although it has antibacterial and antifungal properties, and it also does double duty as a moisturizer, keeping your hands soft and safe from getting dried out.
Glycerine can be used instead
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Queendo(f): 6:41am On Sep 10, 2014
Abeg who done don finish makin their own, my bowl dey nearby.
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by eluquenson(m): 7:03am On Sep 10, 2014
Nice idea you've got op.
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by iceberylin(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2014
Thanks Brogrin
Emmafrancis:

Omo you and these your motion comments today got me laughing all day. Ur concept tight
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by hnkan(f): 8:20am On Sep 10, 2014
wow! i think i will mix a little quantity of my body cream and enough ogogoro. thanks OP
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 10, 2014
jornie: @op nice thread.Pls permit me to add. DECLAIMER!!! its safer and cheaper to use a laboratory tested and Nafdac registered sanitizer cuz u can't gurantee the potency of this and u don't know d side effects of this.u use it at ur own risk.be wise,be educated. wink
thanks but the truth is u don't need to use a nafdac registered bla bla bla. Do u register Ur food with nafdac after Ur mom cooks it?

2 Likes

Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by ulster: 8:37am On Sep 10, 2014
Nairalandi: op...because you bring out your time and energy to teach the whole world these,thats how God will bringout His time and energy to protect you from this evil virus called EBULA.....Amen lipsrsealed
Thank you...for wishing this on me, receive same in Jesus mighty name.....
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 10, 2014
hnkan: wow! i think i will mix a little quantity of my body cream and enough ogogoro. thanks OP
that is a bad idea. alcohol has a tendency of reacting easily with both polar and non polar compounds. it could easily alter the composition of Ur cream. use Ur cream the way it is plss. and make a sanitizer differently.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by ulster: 8:39am On Sep 10, 2014
pasqal09: These ingredients, how can it be obtained?
you can buy them in the market......check stores that sell lab. chemicals or reagents
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2014
ulster:
you can buy them in the market......check stores that sell lab. chemicals or reagents
How will u know u are buying the correct thing
well my peeps u knw an alcohol if u put a little of it on Ur watch. or any glass. it will take a few mins before it vaporize. the higher its concentration the higher the rate of vaporization. so 99% alcohol vaporizes readily due to its low melting point. again u hold a small table water in Ur drinking bottle, pour a little of the alcohol in a little if the water, if it is a real one, the temperature of the mixture will increase, I.e u will feel the bottle getting a bit warm.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by bakenda(m): 8:49am On Sep 10, 2014
This is a huge industry now for smart business people.
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by ulster: 9:02am On Sep 10, 2014
Yaksson:
How will u know u are buying the correct thing
well my peeps u knw an alcohol if u put a little of it on Ur watch. or any glass. it will take a few mins before it vaporize. the higher its concentration the higher the rate of vaporization. so 99% alcohol vaporizes readily due to its low melting point. again u hold a small table water in Ur drinking bottle, pour a little of the alcohol in a little if the water, if it is a real one, the temperature of the mixture will increase, I.e u will feel the bottle getting a bit warm.
thanks for the clarification!
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by heavenmade(m): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=Lilimax]Santizer recipe- Isopropyl alcohol - 90g, TEA- 2g, Carbopol - 5g, Fragrance - 0.05g , Water to add up to 100g...Add a little tint of colourant if you wish and thank me later smileythese are our ingredients too,u work in an industry?
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Lilimax(f): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=heavenmade][/quote]
I am a Formulation Chemist by profession smiley
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Lilimax(f): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2014
- smiley
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by heavenmade(m): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Lilimax:
I am a Formulation Chemist by profession smiley
hmmm,good to knw,feels great when u com across people in your field

1 Like

Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by wakes: 10:29am On Sep 10, 2014
Great! Also remember to BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY by taking lots of ewedu, MORINGA and alkaline water. Combining external and internal PREVENTIVE measures is the BEST antidote against Ebola virus. Blessings!
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by heavenmade(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2014
Lilimax: - smiley
I sent you a mail,kindly reply
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by zynzyn(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2014
ulster: In this ebola season where cost of hand-sanitisers have literally trebled and the composition of these hand-sanitisers are in doubt, why not make your own home-made hand sanitizer from ingredients you select. This is an excellent project for kids, now that schools are not resuming soon and you'll save money, protect yourself from germs, and can customize the scent of the hand sanitizer, and be sure of the composition of the hand sanitisers you are using this period. It is not rocket science but simple chemistry, so lets go:?

2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
8-10 drops essential oil, optional (such as lavendar, tea-tree, vanilla, peppermint, grapefruit)
bowl and spoon
funnel
recycled liquid soap or hand sanitizer bottle

Nothing could be easier! Simply mix the ingredients together and then use the funnel to pour them into the bottle. Screw the pump back onto the bottle and you're ready to go.

Wash your hands regularly with soap, apply your home made hand-sanitiser and put your trust in Jesus and be ebola free!
God bless wink

OP GOD BLESS U X 100. Shame to those opportunists that pushed the price of hand sanitizer over the roof! Dem bad pass the Ebola sef! angry
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by yogun(f): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
matify: "Necessity is truly the mother of invention"

Hand sanitizer helps with hygiene but it can not kill a virus only bacteria
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by askakim(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Thanks op for that piece, I usually do it at work whenever am working Morning shift and am looking @ doing it and selling it to schools by next month by God grace
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by hnkan(f): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Yaksson:
that is a bad idea. alcohol has a tendency of reacting easily with both polar and non polar compounds. it could easily alter the composition of Ur cream. use Ur cream the way it is plss. and make a sanitizer differently.
thanks for the information. I actually intended to make a sanitizer differently using some quantity of my body cream. Thanks
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by wise68: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
tanx 4 idea shearing keep it up.
Re: DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 11, 2014
Nice one op,mkt things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt / Desist From Using Ordinary Water For Hand-washing After Defecation – Unicef Warn / Man Commits Suicide In Kano Over Ex-wife’s Remarriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.