Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? (648 Views)

How Do I Overcome Depression And Sadness? / Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction / How To Escape Alcohol Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hello NLers, this might come to you as crazy but the title says it all.

I've been battling with Sugar addiction for over 6 years now and it has completely gotten out of hand now. As at present, I just can't do without having sugar in my system; at least 15 times daily. It's that bad!

I didn't really regard it as an addiction until I decided to give myself a trial of going 2 days without taking anything sugary...... I fell terribly sick! That was the day it dawned on me that I was addicted to sugar.

Please I need your suggestions. I just can't go around Googling (though I've gathered some important info) I need to hear from the Nigerian tongue, perhaps there might be need for herbal prescription.

I really need your help, it's killing me.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 02, 2014
..For the past 6 years, you have been with battling sugar addiction....

..You are not determined to reduce or stop the addiction....your determination is not enough.....

...I was once addicted to drinking coca-cola evryday in school...i take garri with sugar etc....i noticed the side-effects.....determined in my heart to stop using or taking it......

..You can google some side-effects of taking too much sugar...atleast, it will strenghten your determination to quit sugar....remember too much of evrything is not good....

...the thing wey we like pass..na im dey kill pass

1 Like

Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Olarewajub: 6:36am On Sep 02, 2014
I will also want to advise you to go for Glucose estimation in a Med Lab.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 02, 2014
temigracie: ..For the past 6 years, you have been with battling sugar addiction....

..You are not determined to reduce or stop the addiction....your determination is not enough.....

...I was once addicted to drinking coca-cola evryday in school...i take garri with sugar etc....i noticed the side-effects.....determined in my heart to stop using or taking it......

..You can google some side-effects of taking too much sugar...atleast, it will strenghten your determination to quit sugar....remember too much of evrything is not good....

...the thing wey we like pass..na im dey kill pass

I will try that. I will do my best on that. But note that I have tried it before and I fell sick as a result, that was why I feared going without it.

All the same, thank you so much. I'll give it a try.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 02, 2014
Olarewajub: I will also want to advise you to go for Glucose estimation in a Med Lab.

thanks a lot bro.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Olarewajub: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2014
Reiyvinn:

thanks a lot bro.
You're welcome,. Just try to gradually reduce your sugar intake.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 02, 2014
Olarewajub: You're welcome,. Just try to gradually reduce your sugar intake.

Exactly! The thing is now too much. Sometimes I take so much that I feel I'm bleeding inside.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Reiyvinn:

I will try that. I will do my best on that. But note that I have tried it before and I fell sick as a result, that was why I feared going without it.

All the same, thank you so much. I'll give it a try.
...I dont understand why someone will fall sick by only trying to reduce their sugar intake....I believe twas just a coincidence....

..Well, lets compare it to cigarettes addiction....People who are addicted to smoking and are willing to reduce or stop usually complain of some changes in their body ....
..Maybe your body is trying to adjust to the changes occuring in your body...your body is trying to change from its hyperglycemic state to a normoglycemic state......you need to continue the therapy
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Olarewajub: 8:39am On Sep 02, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Exactly! The thing is now too much. Sometimes I take so much that I feel I'm bleeding inside.
This is a very serious case. Just do the test (RBS) and seek help from a physician on how you can reduce your sugar consumption.

1 Like

Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 02, 2014
temigracie: ...I dont understand why someone will fall sick by only trying to reduce their sugar intake....I believe twas just a coincidence....

..Well, lets compare it to cigarettes addiction....People who are addicted to smoking and are willing to reduce or stop usually complain of some changes in their body ....
..Maybe your body is trying to adjust to the changes occuring in your body...your body is trying to change from its hyperglycemic state to a normoglycemic state......you need to continue the therapy

thanks a million, really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Olarewajub: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2014
Reiyvinn:

This is a very serious case. Just do the test (RBS) and seek help from a physician on how you can reduce your sugar consumption. Too much sugar in the bloodstream or stored as glycogen in the body has a deleterious effect on your health condition.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2014
Olarewajub: This is a very serious case. Just do the test (RBS) and seek help from a physician on how you can reduce your sugar consumption. Too much sugar in the bloodstream or stored as glycogen in the body has a deleterious effect on your health condition.

#sad
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Olarewajub: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Reiyvinn:

#sad
Just do the needful. Health is wealth.

1 Like

Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by agbeke58(f): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
Well, while u r doing d suggested test, you can substitute water for any sugary drink. Anytime there is cravings for sugary drink, always take water.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
agbeke58: Well, while u r doing d suggested test, you can substitute water for any sugary drink. Anytime there is cravings for sugary drink, always take water.

thats a brilliant idea sir, thanks a lot. A friend of mine suggested that I also take Bitter Leaf water too once a day to see if I'd kill the urge.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by vivilicious(f): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
In addition to water, also try to drink yoyo bitters or ashietu bitters. It would help stabilize ur blood sugar
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
vivilicious: In addition to water, also try to drink yoyo bitters or ashietu bitters. It would help stabilize ur blood sugar

Thanks a million.
Re: HELP: How Do I Overcome Sugar Addiction? by agbeke58(f): 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
U r welcome. I'm a she and not a he. Tanx.

(1) (Reply)

Why People Who Are Stabbed Or Shot Always Touch And View The Area? / Why The US Had A Chance To Stop Ebola But Didn't / 10 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.