Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. (1842 Views)

URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? / How I Made N100,000 Profit In 7 Days Advertising My Aliexpress Goods On OLX / How Does OLX Make Profits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
I've heard a lot of stories about 419ners online especially on olx ,notwithstanding, I decided to try my luck.Can't say it was greed.I've been seeing these ridiculously cheap items on the site.I promised myself that I'll give it a trial anytime I have any little money to spare.I saw this lovely smart TV on Friday,stored the sellers number and gave him a call.I asked him if it was used cos the price was too cheap. He said no,that he works at customs ware house in wuse,Zone 3 Abuja.Told him no proble,that my bros living in Abuja will help check the TV before I make payment.He told me it was weekend that I should call him today being Monday.I called my brother,explained to him,gave him the Guy's number and told him to pretend he was another buyer.(guy don see market nau). He told my Bros to call him by 8 am today.
Bros left office,called the guy he was on his way.The seller asked him to pay part payment into an account.What!I told my Bros that he should get to the warehouse and insist on seeing the TV.My bros Got to the warehouse, still called him,he said he was busy attending to customers,that really got me laughing. First day of the ember month ke? God forbid bad thing!This is the guy's number so other's beware.09033497542.Do not ever send part payment for a transaction you are not sure of.Shine your eyes online o!Happy ember months.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by kinibd(m): 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Useful tip.

1 Like

Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by ayoola2002(m): 2:24am On Sep 02, 2014
Augustbreak: I've heard a lot of stories about 419ners online especially on olx ,notwithstanding, I decided to try my luck.Can't say it was greed.I've been seeing these ridiculously cheap items on the site.I promised myself that I'll give it a trial anytime I have any little money to spare.I saw this lovely smart TV on Friday,stored the sellers number and gave him a call.I asked him if it was used cos the price was too cheap. He said no,that he works at customs ware house in wuse,Zone 3 Abuja.Told him no proble,that my bros living in Abuja will help check the TV before I make payment.He told me it was weekend that I should call him today being Monday.I called my brother,explained to him,gave him the Guy's number and told him to pretend he was another buyer.(guy don see market nau). He told my Bros to call him by 8 am today.
Bros left office,called the guy he was on his way.The seller asked him to pay part payment into an account.What!I told my Bros that he should get to the warehouse and insist on seeing the TV.My bros Got to the warehouse, still called him,he said he was busy attending to customers,that really got me laughing. First day of the ember month ke? God forbid bad thing!This is the guy's number so other's beware.09033497542.Do not ever send part payment for a transaction you are not sure of.Shine your eyes online o!Happy ember months.
Tks op, so 09033497542 is d scammer number.
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by GboyegaD(m): 4:42am On Sep 02, 2014
OP, your post is misleading.
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Booty4me: 9:05am On Sep 02, 2014
Can't really phamton what u just wrote.. More like scam baiting
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by tellwisdom: 10:17am On Sep 02, 2014
Poor boi...see how he dey jubilate becauses he escaped loosing 10 thousand naira only. sad
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Tapout(m): 10:18am On Sep 02, 2014
very true....like i saw a samsung galaxy s5 for 35k undecided and i was like even my grand father no go think am
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 02, 2014
tellwisdom: Poor boi...see how he dey jubilate becauses he escaped loosing 10 thousand naira only. sad
May be you are the one sef wink

1 Like

Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 02, 2014
It's not about how much I would have lost.No matter how litte,no one will be happy to lose even a dime to any lazy ass.Only told my story to enlighten and warn others not to receive an award.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by tellwisdom: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Augustbreak: May be you are the one sef wink

cheesy cheesy
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Acidosis(m): 10:57am On Sep 02, 2014
Google the number and you'll notice the same scammer also claims to live in Lagos, P/H... etc

You wasted your time, t.p, and recharge card.

1 Like

Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2014
Acidosis: Google the number and you'll notice the same scammer also claims to live in Lagos, P/H... etc

You wasted your time, t.p, and recharge card.
Yea.Indeed.
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2014
tellwisdom:

cheesy cheesy
SMH
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2014
tellwisdom:

cheesy cheesy
Be smiling o.Just be a generous guy and and buy new TV for me nau,its just oveo 200k.For a big guy like you,it's just a chicken change. smileyMake I PM my account number? Biko embarassed
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by tellwisdom: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2014
Augustbreak: Be smiling o.Just be a generous guy and and buy new TV for me nau,its just oveo 200k.For a big guy like you,it's just a chicken change. smileyMake I PM my account number? Biko embarassed

Who go give me receipt if i give you the money??
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2014
We abuse errytin in this country cry
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by themejiwalker(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2014
Na God save u...shebi na u dey find cheap market na undecided undecided
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2014
tellwisdom:

Who go give me receipt if i give you the money??
what do you want receipt for?u no dey dash person something? Chai!
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2014
themejiwalker: Na God save u...shebi na u dey find cheap market na undecided undecided
grin
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by dwilliams: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
For ur mind u sharp abi
Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is very true. I live in abuja and contacted 3 of them ( Sule, Azeez , Haruna - all claimed to be custom officers). I had planned going to customs office to make enquiries without contacting any of them but on a second thought i knew these were scammers . Their advertisement is not only in abuja but in other cities. I'll attach pictures.

Re: I Was Nearly Scammed On OLX Today. by myescrow: 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good to know you guys werent scammed. #Myescrow

(1) (Reply)

Corporate Affairs Commission- Name Search And Incorporation / Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note / 100% Verified USA Paypal Account With $203 Funds In It At A Reduced Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.