Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song (48118 Views)

Meet Ella Martins - The Beninese Actress With The Biggest Ukwu In Africa / Toolz Says You Should Do This If Your Man Asks For A Relationship Break / Timaya Claims He Prays For Forgiveness For Singing ‘ukwu’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by latlat(m): 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
grin
Imagine after making plp sin.........timaya na so life be
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by enoqueen: 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
gistmelove: if he won make GOD forgive him, make e carry all the money wey e make for the album go charity home, #shikena grin grin

u just spoke my mind. sefini

1 Like

Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Melahou(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
ukwu or no ukwu...life must go on

1 Like

Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by mployer(m): 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
I see nothing wrong in repentance smiley

1 Like

Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Nelrulez(m): 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
Sounds dumb to me. Asking for forgivenss for something you deliberately did. SmH.
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Omomehn: 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
really?:if he really is, let him give all money he made off the track to charity
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by dnawah(m): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
May God 4give u.but wat of the "UKWU"herself,how is she feeling?let her beg too,4 putting many into lookerie.(but come o!chie!something dey there.e go make person fall 4 gutter)grin

1 Like

Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by AriDsexy(f): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
MizMyColi: Y'all should cut the guy some slack already jorey! cheesy This shows that his conscience hasn't been seared and that He still has a heart for God. Kefee's Demise (Bless Her Soul) must have caused him to undergo sober reflection.
Yes,outside that,I read somewhere that if not for music,he'll av been a pastor,so ur right,his conscience does prick him when he sings those songs as a MUSICIAN....I for advice am to dey gospel line.
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by arsetalks(m): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Why does this sound like publicity stunt to me? When is he releasing his next album? He said Songs not song were banned which means he has been doing it long ago. A deliberate sin and he will do it again and then release another album after begging for "forgiveness".

Thank GOD for King Sunny Ade and Chief Commander Ebenzer. When those are available why will I listen to these illicit singers.
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by nanospy007: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
The country is hard, even Ribadu went back to the PDP thieves he arrested when hunger hammer am so hard! grin grin At least he worked hard to sing Ukwo abi no be so my country people?? grin grin
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by dyn01: 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
grin grin grin crazy!
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
Is timaya a musician?

1 Like

Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by hiidee(m): 4:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
hmmm forgiveness don't think dis happens
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by keandre: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
okkkk
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Sunymoore(m): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
the dude obviously wants to bring the hype back
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by popson1st: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
All the money he made with the track through shows, cds and everything should be donated to charity or less privileged in the society.
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by phorget(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
gistmelove: if he won make GOD forgive him, make e carry all the money wey e make for the album go charity home, #shikena grin grin
. My wife's name is charity,I hope he brings it to our home!! grin
. My wife's name is charity,I hope he brings it to our home!!

1 Like

Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by simplyOJ(m): 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
I really got to know the effect of his song last weekend at the Garki modern market in Abuja. I had just paid for a chicken, while I waited for the boy that does the killing and cutting to return with the chicken, a woman with a very big back side came to negotiate to buy some of the chickens. She and the seller could not reach an agreeable bargain. She left, as she was walking away, the aboki chicken seller put one hand holding his groin and another on his head and was bending down intermittently raising one of his legs from time to time singing 'UKWU'. I had wished I recorded the scene, it would have made an instant hit. Shege ukwu ( in the aboki's voice)
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by chinex276(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
Who cares??
Definately not me.
*wraps weed in #500 note*
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by silversonuc(m): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
dridowu: What is "ukwu" ?
leg
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Deiok(m): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hmmmm... I am just speechless.
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by san316(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
While he is praying for forgiveness, the party freaks will be shouting ''UKWU'' in the clubs. Then while Timaya is about to be forgiven, a man will just shout, ''ukwu sarambalaa, timaya to badt gaaan''
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Okay ooo.
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Jedix(m): 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Funjosh(m): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
entadaplace: In what I describe as a strange reaction, the ‘Dem Mama’ record boss — Timaya , is begging God for forgiveness for singing ‘Ukwu’.

Timaya, the ‘Ukwu’ crooner has stated that everything he does when it comes to music is entirely to get himself a living and nothing more.

The outspoken singer said he tries his best to give his fans the kind of music they want to listen to and watch, adding that his desire to do something his fans want is the reason his songs were banned on television and radio stations.

He claims that his plan was never to do secular music for a long time because of his upbringing at the Living Gospel Mission as a chorister but he changed to the person he is right now because of what people want.

The singer said he in fact started with Gospel Music, then he went into singing about envies, which he got rebuked for anyways. So he decided to try something new and that’s why he got rid of his dreadlocks.

Timaya went further to say that what people don’t know is that he never for once disconnected with God, despite the fact that he now does secular songs. He added that he did the hit ‘Ukwu’ song just to make a living for himself and that he goes back to God in prayers to beg for forgiveness.

However, his statement did not go down well with some fans, who think he misleads people just to make money.

What do you think?

http://www.informationng.com/2014/09/see-what-timaya-is-asking-god-forgiveness-for.html
Source

Am waiting for Terry G version grin That one na angel Gabriel padi grin
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Funjosh(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=]Is timaya a musician?[/quote]

No Sir! He is a Footballer grin
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by spanzed(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
dridowu: What is "ukwu" ?
Wait let me ask IFA grin
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Ewedusoup(m): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
Does that song Ukwu knew to ur hearing?
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by mediachirps(m): 5:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
nicechic: Must we continue in sin so dat d Grace of God may continue to abound? God forbid.......ponder abt dat people

No, we shall not. But wait ooo? after God has forgiven them, they'll go back to continue from were they stopped, knowing fully well that, that same God is still going to pardon them. After all he said, "He will forgive us our sins, anytime any day" ..... and the sequence continues till death comes knocking. Timaya's case is not different, he will soon drop another 'Bad Ass' track and still goes back to God for forgiveness.
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by litetias(m): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
My problem is the barely teens that listen to these songs nowadays
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by duncan511: 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
JUST REPENT AND STOP PRODUCING THOSE SONGS. GOD WILL BE HAPPY IF U REPENT BECAUSE THE SOUL THAT SINLESS SHALL DIE.
Re: Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
He should keep shut jooooor. What does he mean by begging God @d back..... My God is not human and his ways are final is either u do d right thing or u ar of hook. God is not a respecter of any man irrespective of your status. You sat down and wrote UKWU which mislead a lot of young Nigerian girls and guys to do rubbish all around the place. You are now saying you are meeting with God at the back...... who does he think the Almighty God is.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos / Kenney Rodriguez Apologizes To Uche Jombo For The Breakup Rumors Flying Around / Leaked Chats Of Mofe Duncan Flirting With Side Chick On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.