Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Having Faith In A Faithful God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Having Faith In A Faithful God (765 Views)

Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Pastor O.o.abel Sermon On The Faithful God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014
Of course, opponents of divine healing always cite cases of sick people who were prayed for, but didn’t receive their healing. When people aren’t healed, many automatically conclude, “It must be God’s will that I’m sick.” But if that’s true, then why do they go to the doctor for medicine so they can get well and get out of the will of God! If it’s not God’s will to heal—if it’s God’s will for His people to be sick—then according to that kind of thinking, sick people shouldn’t do things in the natural to be well. And well people should pray to be sick!

You might say, “That sounds ridiculous!” Yes, it certainly does! But I said it to help you see the absurdity of some of the teachings we hear today which try to prove that divine healing is not God’s will for us, or that healing is not for us today.

Healing is God’s will because God’s Word says it is, and it is impossible for God to lie (Num. 23:19). It is God’s will for us to be well, whole, happy, and blessed because the Bible says that God is our heavenly Father, and as a father, He loves us and wants only the best for us.

MATTHEW 7:7–11

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil [or natural], know how to give good gifts unto your children, HOW MUCH MORE SHALL YOUR FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN GIVE GOOD THINGS TO THEM THAT ASK HIM?

Many people believe that God afflicts people with sickness and disease in order to discipline them or to teach them a lesson. But how many of you who are parents would discipline your children by making them sick? If you could, would you get some cancer and inject it into your children and tell them, “Now, I’m going to teach you a few things”? Of course not! Besides, if you were to do that, I guarantee, you would spend quite a few years locked up behind bars!

Well, the Bible says if natural parents know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more does God our Heavenly Father know how to give good gifts to His children! Yet our Heavenly Father is accused of giving His children cancer, tuberculosis, and every other kind of malady and sickness you can think of. That kind of reasoning doesn’t even make sense!

...to be continued

2 Likes

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Oyinprince(m): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ride on sir
#following

2 Likes

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by trustman: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Rightly dividing the word of truth means first interpreting the word of God correctly so that the right application can then be made. The issue for the Christian then is 'first and foremost what does the scripture say and mean?'. Thereafter it is 'how can it be rightly applied to my life, situations and circumstances?' 

When human viewpoint is employed man may even query God why he still allows the Devil free reign on the earth. After-all he is a loving God isn't he. So why doesn't he just remove the Devil and all negative things. The answers to such questions cannot come from human viewpoint reasoning. They can only come from right understanding of the word of God which is then used to look at the issues involved. 

It is clear from scriptures that there will be suffering in this present world -
Romans 8:18 - "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
To deny suffering then is to deny the word of God. In fact, looking at this Romans portion in more detail we see this: 
"18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope
21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?
25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience." 

Suffering, including sickness is as a result of Adam 's sin and continues to be in human history until God takes it away. 

What the Christian needs to do when faced with the issue of suffering and sin is to understand like Romans 8: 35-39 that "35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or danger, or sword?
36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." 
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No matter what the Christian faces, the LOVE of God is always there for him to hold on to face whatever adverse situation that may come his way. That is scripture.

3 Likes

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by AlfaSelltzer: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
trustman: Rightly dividing the word of truth means first interpreting the word of God correctly so that the right application can then be made. The issue for the Christian then is 'first and foremost what does the scripture say and mean?'. Thereafter it is 'how can it be rightly applied to my life, situations and circumstances?' 

When human viewpoint is employed man may even query God why he still allows the Devil free reign on the earth. After-all he is a loving God isn't he. So why doesn't he just remove the Devil and all negative things. The answers to such questions cannot come from human viewpoint reasoning. They can only come from right understanding of the word of God which is then used to look at the issues involved. 

It is clear from scriptures that there will be suffering in this present world -
Romans 8:18 - "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."
To deny suffering then is to deny the word of God. In fact, looking at this Romans portion in more detail we see this: 
"18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope
21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?
25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience." 

Suffering, including sickness is as a result of Adam 's sin and continues to be in human history until God takes it away. 

What the Christian needs to do when faced with the issue of suffering and sin is to understand like Romans 8: 35-39 that "35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or danger, or sword?
36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." 
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No matter what the Christian faces, the LOVE of God is always there for him to hold on to face whatever adverse situation that may come his way. That is scripture. 

I thought that was why Jesus came? God has taken it away more than 2000 years ago! Sickness has never been the will of God for man, or has it?

Gombs, weldone... Seun, Mynd44, fp tins
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by trustman: 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
AlfaSelltzer:

I thought that was why Jesus came? God has taken it away more than 2000 years ago! Sickness has never been the will of God for man, or has it?

Gombs, weldone... Seun, Mynd44, fp tins
Like I pointed out the issue for the Christian is - what does the word of God rightly balanced say? That is why I quoted extensively from the portion I did.

2 Likes

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by shdemidemi(m): 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Gombs: Of course, opponents of divine healing always cite cases of sick people who were prayed for, but didn’t receive their healing

Prayed for by who, Prayer merchants who probably have a shorter route to speaking to God?

Gombs:
When people aren’t healed, many automatically conclude, “It must be God’s will that I’m sick.”

Do we go through anything while walking with God without His knowledge?

Gombs:
But if that’s true, then why do they go to the doctor for medicine so they can get well and get out of the will of God!

They are not getting out of God's will but applying what the flesh and body naturally responds to. The bible isn't against biology or medicine, it works perfectly like the word of God works with our soul.

Gombs:
If it’s not God’s will to heal—if it’s God’s will for His people to be sick—then according to that kind of thinking, sick people shouldn’t do things in the natural to be well. And well people should pray to be sick!

God can do anything, He is God. Being in good health is good, having money is good but God's way and mind is different from our ways. Some people discover God in their sickness, some discover God after fatal accident, some discover God and get saved in prison. Good health is only for a while, whichever path God takes us through we must give thanks knowing that all things (good or bad ) work together for our good.

Gombs:
You might say, “That sounds ridiculous!” Yes, it certainly does! But I said it to help you see the absurdity of some of the teachings we hear today which try to prove that divine healing is not God’s will for us, or that healing is not for us today.

God can do anything, He is sovereign. It was His will that Paul suffered so much for the gospel, it was also His will that Jesus gets killed like a common criminal, it was His will that Peter gets tried by the devil. We can not figure Him out, He remains true and every man remain a liar. His grace is always sufficient even at the most trying times.

Show me a Christian walking with God, I will show you a man going through a lot of trouble. If God must use anyone, you must be tried, you must be sift as wheat to become a soldier of Christ. This period is never pleasant to our flesh but our spirit revels and grows at such times. After we go through some troubles as Christians, we become the epitome of experience and knowledge of God's word.

I use the pastor going through his own marriage sifting as an example- it might just be God's way of cutting him to size. After this painful and difficult period, the way he will prolly advice married couples before his present ordeal might be different from the way he would after.

No man learn in comfort, we learn, grow and hear God more clearly at times when we are at our weakest.
Romans 5
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Gombs:
Healing is God’s will because God’s Word says it is, and it is impossible for God to lie (Num. 23:19). It is God’s will for us to be well, whole, happy, and blessed because the Bible says that God is our heavenly Father, and as a father, He loves us and wants only the best for us.

It is God's will that every man come to the knowledge of salvation. The earthen vessel or the old man or the sinful body is perishing by the day. It will eventually grow old, get weak and lose its vigor and die. Our soul matters to God than a body of sin and death.

To be continued...

3 Likes

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2014
Continued..

JAMES 1:17
17 Every GOOD GIFT and every PERFECT GIFT is from above, and cometh down FROM THE FATHER of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

We can readily see from this scripture that it is God who has provided the many ways for us to be helped, healed, and blessed in this natural realm in which we live. God doesn’t object to people obtaining healing though natural means—through medical science, for example. But on the other hand, His Word clearly states that He has also provided the means whereby His people can receive divine healing! God is the author of both means of obtaining healing.

God has provided the avenue of medical science through which mankind can receive help and healing for the physical body. We know this because of James 1:17 which says that every good gift and every perfect gift is from God above. And doctors and medical science are certainly a benefit to mankind. So it is God who established the means whereby mankind can be helped through medical science.

Looking in the Old Testament, we also need to realize that it was God’s idea, not man’s, to establish a statute of divine healing for His people. It was then that God revealed Himself as The Great Physician—as Jehovah Rapha—“The Lord that healeth.”

EXODUS 15:22–26

22 So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days into the wilderness, and found no water.
23 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
25 And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made from them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God . . . I will put [permit] none of these disease upon thee, which I brought upon the Egyptians: for I AM THE LORD THAT HEALETH THEE.

The Israelites were making their exodus out of Egypt where they had been in bondage to the cruel slavery of Pharaoh and the Egyptians. They were on their way to the Promised Land, and on their journey, they ventured into the wilderness of Shur and sojourned there for three days without any water. Then when they came to Marah and found water, they couldn’t drink it because it was bitter. Moses cried to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree and told him to cast it into the water. When the tree was dipped into the water, the water became sweet so the children of Israel could drink it (Exod. 15:25).

The tree Moses cast into the waters is a semblance, or a type and shadow, of the tree that Jesus was to die on—the Cross of Calvary. In many places in the Bible, water is representative of people. Isn’t it interesting that in the same way the tree was dipped into the waters at Marah and used to heal the waters, Jesus Christ, who died on a tree and rose again from the dead, was “dipped into the waters” of humanity, so to speak, to obtain our healing and redemption!

...to be continued
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by shdemidemi(m): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
Gombs: Continued..

JAMES 1:17
17 Every GOOD GIFT and every PERFECT GIFT is from above, and cometh down FROM THE FATHER of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

We can readily see from this scripture that it is God who has provided the many ways for us to be helped, healed, and blessed in this natural realm in which we live. God doesn’t object to people obtaining healing though natural means—through medical science, for example. But on the other hand, His Word clearly states that He has also provided the means whereby His people can receive divine healing! God is the author of both means of obtaining healing.

God has provided the avenue of medical science through which mankind can receive help and healing for the physical body. We know this because of James 1:17 which says that every good gift and every perfect gift is from God above. And doctors and medical science are certainly a benefit to mankind. So it is God who established the means whereby mankind can be helped through medical science.

Looking in the Old Testament, we also need to realize that it was God’s idea, not man’s, to establish a statute of divine healing for His people. It was then that God revealed Himself as The Great Physician—as Jehovah Rapha—“The Lord that healeth.”

EXODUS 15:22–26

22 So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days into the wilderness, and found no water.
23 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
25 And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made from them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God . . . I will put [permit] none of these disease upon thee, which I brought upon the Egyptians: for I AM THE LORD THAT HEALETH THEE.

The Israelites were making their exodus out of Egypt where they had been in bondage to the cruel slavery of Pharaoh and the Egyptians. They were on their way to the Promised Land, and on their journey, they ventured into the wilderness of Shur and sojourned there for three days without any water. Then when they came to Marah and found water, they couldn’t drink it because it was bitter. Moses cried to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree and told him to cast it into the water. When the tree was dipped into the water, the water became sweet so the children of Israel could drink it (Exod. 15:25).

The tree Moses cast into the waters is a semblance, or a type and shadow, of the tree that Jesus was to die on—the Cross of Calvary. In many places in the Bible, water is representative of people. Isn’t it interesting that in the same way the tree was dipped into the waters at Marah and used to heal the waters, Jesus Christ, who died on a tree and rose again from the dead, was “dipped into the waters” of humanity, so to speak, to obtain our healing and redemption!

...to be continued

It should be a basic understanding for any bible student that the promises and practices of Israel is different from that of the church. God is not looking for the next Elijah neither is he looking for another Jesus to display miracles. He is not going to provide manna from heaven nor control and direct us by a wall of cloud like He did with the Israelites.These people were never a part of the church, they were not under a dispensation of grace as we have today.

All that was written was inspired by God and documented for our learning. Even though we don't enjoy the earthly privileges dished out at the Jews, the church has a better spiritual promise.

We must all carry our cross today while we hope for an eternity without sickness, struggle, work, impoverishment, dissatisfaction, perils of all kinds. It will all be like it was before the fall of man in Eden.
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 9:34am On Sep 04, 2014
EXODUS 15:26
26 . . . If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put [permit] none of these disease upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I AM THE LORD THAT HEALETH THEE.

In Exodus 15:26, God established a statute of healing for His people. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that this statute of divine healing has been revoked, changed, or altered. In fact, Malachi 3:6 says, “. . . I am the Lord, I change not. . . .” The Lord has never changed His mind or His will concerning the statute of divine healing.

BelieveWhen God makes a covenant, or an agreement with His people, He abides by that covenant until it is revoked, stopped, or superseded by a better one. Therefore, since healing is also found in the New Testament, we know that God’s healing covenant is still in force today. Actually, because of the redemptive work of Christ, the Bible says that we have a better covenant than the Israelites had, established upon better promises (Heb. 8:6)!

“Yes, but I know someone who was prayed for and didn’t get healed,” you hear people say. But just because someone fails to receive healing doesn’t mean the Word of God is false or that God’s covenant of healing is not in force today. I don’t know why some people receive their healing and others do not. However, I do know that a person must mix faith with the Word in order to receive healing or any blessing or promise from God.

...to be continued

1 Like

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by shdemidemi(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
Gombs: EXODUS 15:26
26 . . . If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put [permit] none of these disease upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I AM THE LORD THAT HEALETH THEE.

In Exodus 15:26, God established a statute of healing for His people. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that this statute of divine healing has been revoked, changed, or altered. In fact, Malachi 3:6 says, “. . . I am the Lord, I change not. . . .” The Lord has never changed His mind or His will concerning the statute of divine healing.

BelieveWhen God makes a covenant, or an agreement with His people, He abides by that covenant until it is revoked, stopped, or superseded by a better one. Therefore, since healing is also found in the New Testament, we know that God’s healing covenant is still in force today. Actually, because of the redemptive work of Christ, the Bible says that we have a better covenant than the Israelites had, established upon better promises (Heb. 8:6)!

God never change, He remains the same forever. However, this statement does not mean God's dealings with man in terms of administration and programme does not change.

He was God in the garden of Eden, He remained God before the law was given, He is yet God at this present dispensation of grace.

Romans 11:9ooth
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

As distinct as the law/works is from grace, the same God governed both administration. These two administrations can't mix, the conditions and elements of both administration cannot be imported into each other either.

It is rather tempting to borrow palatable privileges from the old. We all love the sound of good health, manna from heaven, and power to speak out eternal absolutes to reality. By doing all of these we are going back to where God had long moved.

Gombs:
“Yes, but I know someone who was prayed for and didn’t get healed,” you hear people say. But just because someone fails to receive healing doesn’t mean the Word of God is false or that God’s covenant of healing is not in force today. I don’t know why some people receive their healing and others do not. However, I do know that a person must mix faith with the Word in order to receive healing or any blessing or promise from God.

...to be continued

The power of God isn't a matter of trial and error. Jesus and the apostles healed all, just before the fullness of the church and the gospel of grace. The sufficient grace of God to have mercy at His time, to give to us at His time, to heal at His time became a secondary consequence of seeking God first.
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by tuns10: 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2014

I really love this and learnt from it. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2014
HEBREWS 4:2
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, NOT BEING MIXED WITH FAITH in them that heard it.

In other words, if we need healing, our faith has something to do with receiving healing from God, because God’s Word will always work when we act on it in faith. Just because someone failed to receive healing doesn’t change the fact that healing belongs to us and that it’s God’s will that we walk in divine health.

Many times we don’t understand why some good Christian people become sick and, instead of receiving healing, they die and go on to be with the Lord. We may not understand why things happen as they do, but a lack of understanding on our part does not discredit the Word of God. The Word says, “Believe you receive and you shall have” (Mark 11:24).

Regardless of what happens with other people and regardless of what is going on in our physical body, we must continue to have faith in our God because He is faithful. He is faithful to keep His promises and to perform His Word in our life. He is faithful to be Jehovah Rapha—“the God who healeth thee.”

the end!

http://www.rhema.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=239:having-faith-in-a-faithful-god&Itemid=141

1 Like

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Ishilove: 7:56am On Sep 05, 2014
Gombs: HEBREWS 4:2
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, NOT BEING MIXED WITH FAITH in them that heard it.

In other words, if we need healing, our faith has something to do with receiving healing from God, because God’s Word will always work when we act on it in faith. Just because someone failed to receive healing doesn’t change the fact that healing belongs to us and that it’s God’s will that we walk in divine health.

Many times we don’t understand why some good Christian people become sick and, instead of receiving healing, they die and go on to be with the Lord. We may not understand why things happen as they do, but a lack of understanding on our part does not discredit the Word of God. The Word says, “Believe you receive and you shall have” (Mark 11:24).

Regardless of what happens with other people and regardless of what is going on in our physical body, we must continue to have faith in our God because He is faithful. He is faithful to keep His promises and to perform His Word in our life. He is faithful to be Jehovah Rapha—“the God who healeth thee.”

the end!

http://www.rhema.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=239:having-faith-in-a-faithful-god&Itemid=141
God works in a variety of ways. Can one have faith that God can use medicine, like white and traditional medicine for healing? He can use medicine to heal us, right?
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 9:19am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:
God works in a variety of ways. Can one have faith that God can use medicine, like white and traditional medicine for healing? He can use medicine to heal us, right?

yo! he created em herbs for our healing,it was i His plans from day one! He is i no way against medicines. But there is a higher life, where u know you can't be held down by sickness, u cast it out fast! (That's if they even come).

i for example, can't remember when last i fell ill, but i do get symptoms of Malaria, Typhoid, sometimes as little as heat rash or pimple...the moment i see them manifesting, i simply cast em out! and believe me, they die away faster than they came! Why? Because i've come to the understanding that divinity is active in me, fully aware that that same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is in my mortal body.. This is what Christ died for, to raise new creations higher than any circumstance and situations in life, sickness ad diseases included.
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Ishilove: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2014
Gombs:

yo! he created em herbs for our healing,it was i His plans from day one! He is i no way against medicines. But there is a higher life, where u know you can't be held down by sickness, u cast it out fast! (That's if they even come).

i for example, can't remember when last i fell ill, but i do get symptoms of Malaria, Typhoid, sometimes as little as heat rash or pimple...the moment i see them manifesting, i simply cast em out! and believe me, they die away faster than they came! Why? Because i've come to the understanding that divinity is active in me, fully aware that that same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is in my mortal body.. This is what Christ died for, to raise new creations higher than any circumstance and situations in life, sickness ad diseases included.
What of if you discovered you had an ailment that was already actively at work in you for years, before you knew of your power in Christ? What do you do? Do you still cast it out or you go with faith and medicine?
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Ishilove: 9:28am On Sep 05, 2014
Its like a thorn in the flesh thing. So what if at the height of this suffering imposed by this ailment, you distinctly and unmistakably sense the holy spirit directing you to go to a hospital? At the hospital you get a shocker, you are diagnosed of an ailment you had no idea you lived with. Then the holy spirit directs you to go the trado way. What do you do then? Does it mean you have no faith in Gods healing power?
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 9:50am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:
What of if you discovered you had an ailment that was already actively at work in you for years, before you knew of your power in Christ? What do you do? Do you still cast it out or you go with faith and medicine?

Simple, i just got to find out that Jesus has healed me many years ago, ad maybe i've had cancer for years before i knew Christ and His resurrected power, i just lay my hands on that part of the body and declare, "Father inthe name of Jesus, i command everything not of you in my body to be gone from me and return no more, for i am a new creation, and old things are passed away, all things are new"

then in faith i refuse to acknowledge it's presece, for as far as am concerned, i'm healed... that's why the bible said "see, all things are now new". it didnt say, "feel all things are now new" because your natural senses are subject to the flesh except you subdue it by the Spirit.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; [size=16pt]behold[/size], all [/u]things are become new.

18 [u]And all things are of God,
who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

it say SEE all things are new.. it's so important we see it, if not, we cant have it. in the world the say seeing is believing, in Christ believing is seeing. then it says ALL things are from God, same ALL things are become new

but if one wants to keep taking the drugs and eventually die of the disease, fine! it's all choice smiley smiley
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Ishilove: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2014
Gombs:

Simple, i just got to find out that Jesus has healed me many years ago, ad maybe i've had cancer for years before i knew Christ and His resurrected power, i just lay my hands on that part of the body and declare, "Father inthe name of Jesus, i command everything not of you in my body to be gone from me and return no more, for i am a new creation, and old things are passed away, all things are new"

then in faith i refuse to acknowledge it's presece, for as far as am concerned, i'm healed... that's why the bible said "see, all things are now new". it didnt say, "feel all things are now new" because your natural senses are subject to the flesh except you subdue it by the Spirit.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; [size=16pt]behold[/size], all [/u]things are become new.

18 [u]And all things are of God,
who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

it say SEE all things are new.. it's so important we see it, if not, we cant have it. in the world the say seeing is believing, in Christ believing is seeing. then it says ALL things are from God, same ALL things are become new

but if one wants to keep taking the drugs and eventually die of the disease, fine! it's all choice smiley smiley
Hmmm
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2014
[quote author=Ishilove]
Its like a thorn in the flesh thing. So what if at the height of this suffering imposed by this ailment, you distinctly and unmistakably sense the holy spirit directing you to go to a hospital?

like seriosly? undecided

2 chronicles 16 TLB
12 In the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa became seriously diseased in his feet, but he didn’t go to the Lord with the problem but to the doctors. 13 So he died in the forty-first year of his reign ...

relate the above bold with the above red! Why would a healer direct you to a hospital when He can Heal u? If you could hear Him say to you "go to the Hospital" "why didn't you hear Him say "by Jesus' stripes you were (past tense) healed"

1 Peter 2:24
English Standard Version
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

At the hospital you get a shocker, you are diagnosed of an ailment you had no idea you lived with. Then the holy spirit directs you to go the trado way. What do you do then? Does it mean you have no faith in Gods healing power?

azzin the Holy Spirit be gisting you these? He never acts outside the Word, if you did hear him then u must be aware of the supernatural...ad the healing power in the name of Jesus
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Ishilove: 10:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Gombs:
As in, you have been praying hard about this thing because it is causing severe pains for you. When you finally get to the hospital, the diagnosis comes out. It pinpoints the root cause of this thing that has been troubling. You had absolutely no idea that you had such a thing living inside you.

My take is the spirit wanted you to be aware of the problem. The worse kind of thing is when you have a problem which you are ignorant of. You see the symptoms, but don't know what is causing those symptoms.
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 10:23am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:
As in, you have been praying hard about this thing because it is causing severe pains for you. When you finally get to the hospital, the diagnosis comes out. It pinpoints the root cause of this thing that has been troubling. You had absolutely no idea that you had such a thing living inside you.

it doesn't matter the name of the diseases, so far it has a name, it is under the name of Jesus, one dont eed diagnosis for a name...just cast it out however! the problem is that most folks pray about a disease out of fear and not faith. they've read in the papers and net how many have died of the ailment and the survival rate is mnimal, they now turn to God for a miracle, ot in faith but fear!

James 1 TLB
6 But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to tell you, for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind; 7-8 and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way and then that. If you don’t ask with faith, don’t expect the Lord to give you any solid answer.

My take is the spirit wanted you to be aware of the problem. The worse kind of thing is when you have a problem which you are ignorant of. You see the symptoms, but don't know what is causing those symptoms.

you see the symptoms, don't wait for a name, use the Name that is above every name and dematerialize that symptom. Be conscious the greater one lives in you, He parted the red sea with a blast of His Nostrils, raised the dead, made water come out of dry rocks, made dry comes come back together, etc... He did these for you to know your line of ancestors...they were men of faith, they made God 'move', and these men had not the Holy Spirit in them, but we do...you see why ours is much more glorious?
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Ishilove: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2014
Gombs:

it doesn't matter the name of the diseases, so far it has a name, it is under the name of Jesus, one dont eed diagnosis for a name...just cast it out however! the problem is that most folks pray about a disease out of fear and not faith. they've read in the papers and net how many have died of the ailment and the survival rate is mnimal, they now turn to God for a miracle, ot in faith but fear!

James 1 TLB
6 But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to tell you, for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind; 7-8 and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way and then that. If you don’t ask with faith, don’t expect the Lord to give you any solid answer.

you see the symptoms, don't wait for a name, use the Name that is above every name and dematerialize that symptom. Be conscious the greater one lives in you, He parted the red sea with a blast of His Nostrils, raised the dead, made water come out of dry rocks, made dry comes come back together, etc... He did these for you to know your line of ancestors...they were men of faith, they made God 'move', and these men had not the Holy Spirit in them, but we do...you see why ours is much more glorious?
Deep
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Gombs(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:
Deep

Yeah! That's the Gospel of Christ...it's not in Words only but power!

Thanks for your time smiley
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by Ishilove: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
Gombs:

Yeah! That's the Gospel of Christ...it's not in Words only but power!

Thanks for your time smiley
Thank you, Gombs, I've learnt a lot smiley

1 Like

Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by zyzxx(m): 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
d word of God is truth and life. Please don't let us mis quote the bible neither add ignorance to the word of God.
Work wit God according to your faith and how you are lead.
Talking of healing, I think paul recommend small achol for timothy for his health. Wait can't divine healing heal that? Am not hear to counter all what u av said so far but please drugs is not a sin. I knew of a pastor that Go against operation wen his wife as there first baby.... because of ignorance the baby died and almost loose the wife if not for God mercy.
There is different btw cross and punishment so. Wen u are passing thru anytin know maybe it cross den ask for d grass to endure it and if it attack or punishment do d right thing to be free. Thanks.
Re: Having Faith In A Faithful God by shdemidemi(m): 6:25am On Sep 06, 2014
If we decide to make the scriptures the final authority in our lives, we must expect to be persecuted, not because we have done something wrong but because, like gold, we need to be tried so that we can understand who we are and more so understand the ways of God. So, the good book stresses that persecution will always arise for the sake of the Word. Therefore, when a Christian is faced with a plethora of challenges, the idea is not to find out what you have done wrong like we do today, its not to start to bind the devil or the persecution but to draw in on the what we call, “Lessons Learnt or Lessons to be Learned” in the crisis.

We need to be tested so that we can take our root downwards and grow fruits upwards. Looking at the story of Job, he was an epitome of todays Christian or saint of God – he was a divinely quickened soul – a possessor of divine and eternal life. When God was in conversation with the Devil, he also confirmed His servant, Job, was an upright man, a perfect man and one who hated evil. There was none like him.

It wasn’t Satan’s idea to test Job but God’s. When Satan came before God with the other angels, God called his attention to his servant. One would have thought that Satan with all the said wisdom would have asked God why He (God) wants Job tested. Instead, he automatically assumed, thinking he was on the same page as God on this particular issue. Accusing Job of his motive, Satan said to God, “So do you think Job does all that out of the sheer goodness of his heart? Why, no one ever had it so good! You pamper him like a pet, make sure nothing bad ever happens to him or his family or his possessions, bless everything he does—he can’t lose! But what do you think would happen if you reached down and took away everything that is his? He’d curse you right to your face, that’s what”. Here we have two different perspectives: that of God and Satan.

Job, on the other hand also needed to know himself. He never sounded the depths of his own heart; he didn’t know himself well enough when it came to spiritual issues and matters concerning this God. One could mistakenly think and teach the different steps to winning with God and the various “rungs to prosperity” as we have today but the ordeal Job went through has become an enigma that one would then think based on these messages of “various steps” that something went wrong somewhere: perhaps in the taking of the said steps (maybe he had missed one of the various steps stipulated).

Job had never really grasped the truth of his own depravity and utter ruin. He had not learned to say like the Apostle that, “in me dwells no good thing”. He needed to learn more about his God, unknown to him. In all the parties present in this drama, only one person had the blue print and knew how the whole story would end – God.

(1) (Reply)

The Spiritual Battle Against The Behemoth Of Islam / Festival Of Destiny 2014 » Theme: Born To Manifest » 9th -16th November, 2014 / Music: Mighty To Save ~ Nini Mbonu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.