Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

VAN Gaal Vs Wenger - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / VAN Gaal Vs Wenger (561 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VAN Gaal Vs Wenger by slimbiggy(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2014
Its so funny that our football coaches at times don't know the right decisions to make. With the fever of transfer windows closure in some minutes, some coaches made good choice why some made very wrong choices. Well some may say that its my opinion but believe you me, its my opinion and I don't regret thinking this way. When some coaches were Busy looking for who will help their team, ARSENE WENGER ignored the need of a good striker for his team and brought DANNY WELBECK into his team. From my own assessment the difference between YAYa SANOGO and welbeck lies in hair style, age. and physique outside these they are both PVC PIPES. Van Gal on his part ignored his need completely and went for another thing altogether. What man utd needs is a good centre back but we didn't see him sign any rather we signed RADAMEL FALCAO, the question is how will the young man he acquired change poor defence of the team?
Re: VAN Gaal Vs Wenger by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 02, 2014
Phil Jones, Rojo, Blind and Shaw. Tell me this isn't the most promising defense in EPL ATM.
Re: VAN Gaal Vs Wenger by slimbiggy(m): 10:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Promising you say bro? I can't even compare the four players you mentioned with chelsea's defence line Let's see if the repetition of swansea vs man utd won't happen besides jones was part of the defence line
Re: VAN Gaal Vs Wenger by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
to the cesar guy, firstly, blind is not a cb, he's a dmf who can play Lwb.

to the OP, obviously Rojo is a central defender who can also play Lb, so your analysis is already inaccurate. secondly, we have Jones, Evans and Smalling all of whom are senior internationals and former permier league champs, and then we have the extremely promising upstart Tyler Blacket who funny enough is a CB who can play LB as well. there's no space for another CB and if you know football at all you should know that having a brilliant attack and and midfield with an average defence is enough to win you trophies.

e.g Bayern Munich with Dante and Boateng neither of whom can seriously be labelled world class defenders

Barca with Pique and Mascherano, one of whom is really a midfielder

and who says utd don't need Falcao? have you seen the way Rooney and RVP have been playing lately? we need a deadly threat to match the new found creative force of our midfield and having let Welbeck and Chicharito go we are left with 3 main strikers and the young lad Wilson.

so your point again??

(1) (Reply)

Epic Tweet About Arsene Wenger / Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Premier League Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.