Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

My Experience On 31/8/2014 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience On 31/8/2014 (1041 Views)

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car / Old Number Plates, Driver's Licence Expire Sept 31, Says FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience On 31/8/2014 by nurey(m): 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
On sunday after been used as the family driver my last destination was isale eko to pick my sister and niece from a birthday party there at around 6:30pm . I was driving an Honda accord DC, I passed through police post under the idumota-iddo bridge to link ikoyi, on the bridge I heard this hissing sound and I watched carefully to park. I parked at a deserted area on the bridge just before u link to 3rd mainland bridge going to the mainland. Shit, the valve to the tire was leaking and when I touched it to check whether it was the valve cap, the air just gushed out and the tire flattened.

There were 4 passengers I, my two junior sisters and a 2yr old chikena. As I removed the extra tyre, secured the second back tire with stones, loosened a bolt, this guy came from God knows where and started telling me B4 I can change that tire my moni na 20,000 reason been that I was driving an accord, I just decided to put the tire back in the car and he dragged with me that even if I no change am I must still drop. My sister was dragging with him and I said ok no p we no get dough but I will give u 200naira after I finished but my sister insist we will not pay him saying we be omo eko (yes I was born at isale eko but I don dey like 4 ikoyi he don te)

The guy offered to help me but I told him to stand and watch for cars coming so they don't accidentally hit us I was only flashing my caution light no C-caution nothing. Then I saw the guy pull out his phone and started calling na him I wise up the guy had already threatened to call others, I just told him the extra tire is bad that I will manage the flat tire we quickly got into the car and I gave him 200naira and zoomed off hoping to go under the adeniji bridge where police officers are always there after u descend 3rd mainland bridge heading to the island.

MY DILEMA WITH OFFICERS
When I got under the bridge, there were 2 police cruisers at either side with no police in sight and the windows were wound up, I was afraid with no officer insight those thugs could come again, with the stories I am hearing of that adeniji bus stop, as a robbers den. While changing the tire, an officer came wearing brown brown like the mopols own but his wasn't starched like the mopols own lol carrying a rifle, he approached and I said good evening he said goody epining to u, he asked if I had seen his commander and I said no that there was no one in the police vehicle and I didn't want to go close so as not to be tageed as a thief, he said I shud leave the tire and follow him, we got there and there was uniform man in black with the seat drawn back, the only way u could know someone was there is to peep inside where u see the radio on and look well be cause the seat had been bent back to form a bed.
The commander started ranting that why shud I stop at their back, it shud have been their front and he order the guy to follow me and collect my car keys.

My sisters were saying I shouldn't give him key he has no right but the guy dey hold snuff and he has a gun at night, my main concern was to fix tire to get key back na small mata so I gave him key because he can't zoom off with a car missing a tire.

After changing tire I went to meet the commander, as I got there I just dey prostrate and shun sir the girl several times, I didn't even allow him to ask for money I nearly hugged him sef, he gave me the key I just zoomed of when I got home I lost interest in driving car but on monday morning I got over it.

Now was my decision not to thrust the thug a good one and the police officers did they do well. Note as all this was happening I told my sisters to inform my mum of where we are incase anything wan happen.
Re: My Experience On 31/8/2014 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Lol! What kind of country is this sef?

My brother, in cases like this, there is no right or wrong decision, things can go either way. Just thank God for your safety.

1 Like

Re: My Experience On 31/8/2014 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
cry
Re: My Experience On 31/8/2014 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
The north will always be heaven when compared to many places in nigeria.

God punish bad people wey de de stabilise north.

OP hard luck Lagos nah jungle you were smart to have run flat, and generally you don't park behind a security point, you might be presumed hostile, you park in front to dispel any suspicion.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience On 31/8/2014 by nurey(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ: The north will always be heaven when compared to many places in nigeria.

God punish bad people wey de de stabilise north.

OP hard luck Lagos nah jungle you were smart to have run flat, and generally you don't park behind a security point, you might be presumed hostile, you park in front to dispel any suspicion.

1. If I had tried to get to there front, it could be dangerous, cars are always on high speed descending down from third mainland bridge and the officers had turned 4 lane into 2 and half. It would be hard to maneuver to their front at a slow speed but possible so I didn't take the risk.
2. My hazard lights were on been in the night they could clearly see that and two girls were in clear view
for everyone to see.
Re: My Experience On 31/8/2014 by yungboss(m): 12:58am On Sep 03, 2014
Well,so sorry. Thank God it wasn't worse than that.
Re: My Experience On 31/8/2014 by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 03, 2014
A learning experience, Mr Nurey. I'm glad you and your sisters are okay.
Re: My Experience On 31/8/2014 by nurey(m): 7:11am On Sep 03, 2014
Siena: A learning experience, Mr Nurey. I'm glad you and your sisters are okay.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Porsche Or BMW? (PICTURE) / I Need Help / My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.