Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System (1041 Views)

How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! / How Much Is The Complete AC System Of Toyota Corolla / Car Smokes When You Start Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by adeoge86: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hello great Pple,I use a mitsubishi gallant 2001model,I just recently repaired my AC and I found out that wen I use AC and rev,it brings out white smoke,my engine doesn't short oil and the sound is very quiet which makes me doubt that I have to buy a new engine,I really would love to have helpful advices,thanks
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by Akpan107(m): 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
Your car engine was already weak before the fixing of the air condition. it manifested because of the additional work added to the engine. is just like giving a 50 litres of water to an already tired person to carry, he may break down completely.
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by honmusa(m): 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
adeoge86:
Hello great Pple,I use a mitsubishi gallant 2001model,I just recently repaired my AC and I found out that wen I use AC and rev,it brings out white smoke,my engine doesn't short oil and the sound is very quiet which makes me doubt that I have to buy a new engine,I really would love to have helpful advices,thanks
To confirm if your engine is still in good condition .
Go for a engine compression test.
Engine compression test will reveal if your engine is still in good order or not and will reveal the fault .
If you are in Lagos ,call Theautogeek Clinic @ 08061166316
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by Denn(m): 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
honmusa:

To confirm if your engine is still in good condition .
Go for a engine compression test.
Engine compression test will reveal if your engine is still in good order or not and will reveal the fault .
If you are in Lagos ,call Theautogeek Clinic @ 08061166316

Sincere apologies but the car is already giving out white smoke. What is he to test again? Engine rebuild is not a forte of kazeems so next bet is a swap.

It sounds similar to an accident victim with a chopped off leg being rushed to the hospital and the doctor is recommending an x ray to determine if the leg is still there.
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
Denn:

Sincere apologies but the car is already giving out white smoke. What is he to test again? Engine rebuild is not a forte of kazeems so next bet is a swap.

It sounds similar to an accident victim with a chopped off leg being rushed to the hospital and the doctor is recommending an x ray to determine if the leg is still there

End time DR grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
adeoge86:
Hello great Pple,I use a mitsubishi gallant 2001model,I just recently repaired my AC and I found out that wen I use AC and rev,it brings out white smoke,[b]my engine doesn't short oil and the sound is very quiet [/b]which makes me doubt that I have to buy a new engine,I really would love to have helpful advices,thanks

If you are sure about this then check the pcv valve if it's working properly, then check servo if it's not leaking brake oil into intake via vacuum pipe.
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by kolnel: 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
Seems Mitsubishi brand loves to smoke a lot
Most of the brands I have seen on the road always have a trail of smoke following them
Your engine might still serve you for a while just don't tamper with it as it is
Cheers
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by honmusa(m): 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
Denn:

It sounds similar to an accident victim with a chopped off leg being rushed to the hospital and the doctor is recommending an x ray to determine if the leg is still there.
Engine smoking is a indication of engine oil mixing with the charges inside the combustion chamber
Some factors responsible for this :
1.Worn out Piston ring, Cylinder Bore,Cracked Cylinder
2.Worn,bent Valve
3.Stuck close PCV valve
Out of all the factor above ,it is only point 1 that will necessitate complete engine replacement ,the rest can still be repaired .
Hence engine smoking does not necessary mean the engine must be overhauled or replaced outrightly
Performing engine combustion test and Engine leak down test will reveal the compression level and indicates the factor responsible for the engine smoking for proper decision making .
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a8520/cars-101-how-to-do-a-compression-test-14912158/
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by mayor2013: 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
Denn:

I love this cheesy
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by mayor2013: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
kolnel:
Seems Mitsubishi brand loves to smoke a lot
Most of the brands I have seen on the road always have a trail of smoke following them
Your engine might still serve you for a while just don't tamper with it as it is
Cheers

On older Mitsibushi engines
Re: My Car Smokes After Repairing AC System by sultaan(m): 2:24am On Nov 18, 2015
Your check engine light is on why not pull the code first and see how the oil level is on dipstick

(1) (Reply)

Help, Treat As Urgent / What You Need To Know About Car Headrests / Steering Locks After Applying Brake With Ac On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.