Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Am Just Confuse....please Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am Just Confuse....please Help (652 Views)

Am Confuse Pls Advice Me / Rili Confuse, Pls, Help Me Out With Ur Advice / I Am Just Checking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Just Confuse....please Help by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
I was offered a marketing bank job of 70k but on a contract base, and also a hotel job with a big hotel with about 4 branches but with a self contain apartment for myself, a salary of 35k to be increased to 40k after 3 months. What do I do? Should I take it or leave it....which should I go for? I have a b.sc in finance and banking from a federal school... embarassed
Re: Am Just Confuse....please Help by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
i think you should pray to God for the better one
Re: Am Just Confuse....please Help by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
But at the moment bro, what should I do? Take which one or leave both?
Re: Am Just Confuse....please Help by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
31 views yet no comment? Una harsh[color=#990000][/color] o nairalanders cry
Re: Am Just Confuse....please Help by garbigarba: 2:47am On Sep 03, 2014
If you do not have a place of your own, let the free accommodation serve as motivation for you to take the hotel job especially if you reside in a city such as Lagos, Abuja or PortHarcourt.

On the other hand,

You claim to have a first degree in banking and finance, the banking job can serve as a route to get into the banking sector and perhaps start a career for your self.

But let this guide you, the difference in remuneration is 35k, can you get decent accommodation for that price or lesser where you're presently resided.
The bank job would be thoroughly challenging and there's no job security, but if you're hardworking, it could just be a steppingstone for you plus you'd make lots of valuable contacts going out meeting people on the daily and don't forget the small prestige that comes with banking at least to some degree.

Conclusion: I would be more inclined to taking the banking job, but good luck anyway.

Cheers.

Moderator, it would be nice to give this man's thread a lil publicity.
Re: Am Just Confuse....please Help by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 03, 2014
@moderator, i understand why some kind of thread do make the front page. But i am not asking you to, in the place of those, put this thread there. But at least, along with those, put this thread on the front page.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Free!!!! Job Readiness Workshop / Fill Our Online Survey And Stand A Chance To Win N5,000 Jumia Vouchers / 10 Ways Using Your Initiative can Help You Suceed at work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.