Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Do You Tell Yourself These Lies? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Tell Yourself These Lies? (545 Views)

10 Things You Should Tell Yourself Every Morning / Identical Twins : Can You Tell Them Apart? / 10 Things To Tell Yourself Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Tell Yourself These Lies? by DennisBrown(m): 1:55am On Sep 03, 2014
We all want to succeed in what we set out to accomplish, right? Perhaps it's a loving relationship or a career or a business or a joyful and meaningful life. I don't know anyone who would consciously choose to "fail" in the fulfillment of their dreams. Do you?

And yet what I hear time and again is: "I don't know how to... " or "I'm not ready to... " or "I can't (afford, commit, manage, decide... you fill in the blank)."
What most of us don't realize is that the minute we say something like that, we're placing ourselves in the victim role and all our energy goes in that direction. We completely dis-empower ourselves.
I know.
I was there.
For 30 years.
The truth is that those are the lies we keep believing to remain in the same place, stuck in the wounded child archetype that gets frightened in the face of adult challenges, instead of becoming independent, self-empowered adults challenged by the tasks at hand. We make excuses to keep ourselves small.
None of those excuses are real or true. They're lies. Because they come from the assumption that we're not allowed to learn or grow. And whether conscious or unconscious, lies are heavy. They keep you stuck, seeing life as something that just "happens" without you being able to do anything about it or change things-until you realize that you are a miracle maker with the capacity to create anything you desire.
Maybe you grew up surrounded by adults who made you feel that you were supposed to already know how to behave and navigate life, like I did. And if you didn't know, well, then there probably was something wrong with you. Now, they were the ones supposed to guide you, but they couldn't offer any guidance because nobody did it for them when they were kids either.

http://www.fiverr.com/s/5s8rzm

Invest In Yourself and Be Open To Learn
However, now you have the life experience to understand that just because you felt inadequate or wrong as a kid, it doesn't mean any of it was true. Or that you have to remain "loyal" to those patterns, no matter how familiar they've become. You can break free with self-awareness and determination. Instead of repeating the same lies and making the same excuses, you must start taking action in the direction of your dreams and aspirations.
So if you want to be an artist, focus on a creative project. If you want to be a coach, start coaching. If you want to be a singer, sing. If you want to be a writer, write. If you want to meet a partner, get out and connect. If you want money, ask for it in exchange for a service or find it hidden in the "stuff" you've most likely accumulated.
In my experience, the issue is not lacking knowledge, money, energy, time, or opportunities. What is missing is the clarity about what your priorities really are. In other words, where do those energies go: what do you invest where and how? So next time you catch yourself thinking, "I don't have... " or "I don't know how to... " and so on, stop yourself right there and take action, no matter how imperfect, toward what you want in life and give yourself permission to learn in the process.
You become who you want to be by doing, not by thinking or wishing. Your soul doesn't care about what you accumulate, be it material, emotional or mental. It cares about how that makes YOU feel; about your self-growth and awareness; and about how fulfilling and meaningful your life is. So contact me today and start taking decisive steps toward accomplishing your dreams and creating an authentic life you LOVE!

SOURCE:http://sidneyarticles..co.uk/2014/09/do-you-tell-yourself-these-lies.html

(1) (Reply)

FIFA 15 Player Ratings / Man Robs Gtbank With Invincible Ring; But The RING Fails Him / New Death Date Watch Invented.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.