Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity (1036 Views)

As A Writer What Android App Has Increased Your Productivity And Creativity / Inspiration And The Commode / My Book Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity by ladywriter(f): 5:58am On Sep 03, 2014
“Writers block” is a common challenge that every writer faces. It is however important that we take steps to avoid this phenomenon. We often fail to realize that there are some simple steps that can be taken easily to get back our inspiration and creativity.

1. In case you usually type your initial draft on your computer, it is advisable that you hand-write it this time. Your ink on paper creates a feeling that can bring back your inspiration and writing flow.

2. For those that spend so much time in front of their computers, it is important that you take out some time to take a walk or just sit outside. Five minutes in the warm sun can positively influence your creativity and mood.

3. Get a magazine or book and flip through the colourful pages. You can easily change your mood by flipping through the pages of the book or magazine. It has been documented that colours blue and green can reduce stress as much as 30%.

4. You can change the smell of your room through scented candles. Go to the fruit section in a grocery store or just any store that is heavily scented. Get strawberries or oranges and smell it. These can change your mood by bringing back memories of the past.

5. Watch a movie. You can decide to see a movie in your room or go to a cinema. The important thing is that you need to relax. You can even just take a notebook and write anything that comes to mind.

6. Get a motivational book that can stir up the creativity in you. You can also read poems.

7. Observe some bright and bold colours for some few minutes. Doing this can elevate your mood.

8. Speak with a friend of like mind and discuss different ideas and areas of creativity. You can even record you conversation after due permission just to make sure you don’t miss any detail.

9. Send an email to a friend and discuss with him or her on what you intend to write about. You can open up to the person and ask for ideas.

10. You can go to church and say a silent prayer about this. This will help revive your inspiration and reconnects your source of inspiration.

Over to you writers in the house. How do you maintain inspiration and creativity in writing?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity by Omexonomy: 6:21am On Sep 03, 2014
I do copy and paste as usual.
Re: Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 03, 2014
Omexonomy: I do copy and paste as usual.
grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity by ladywriter(f): 8:47am On Sep 03, 2014
Omexonomy: I do copy and paste as usual.

Wow! grin What about plagiarism issues?
Re: Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity by firestar(f): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
I look for inspiration in music.

Especially ones I don't understand the lingo.

It gives a refreshing angle...

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity by rapmike(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Do I have writer's block? Nope, what I have is writer's Barrier.

Anyway, I usually take a break from what I am writing when I face such situations. Doing regular activities which include and may involve listening to music, watching cartoon, playing games and praying.
Re: Top 10 Ways To Maintain A High Level Of Writing Inspiration And Creativity by ladywriter(f): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
rapmike: Do I have writer's block? Nope, what I have is writer's Barrier.

Anyway, I usually take a break from what I am writing when I face such situations. Doing regular activities which include and may involve listening to music, watching cartoon, playing games and praying.

Great One! I found out that praying and singing calms the mind.

(1) (Reply)

The Winners Of The 2007 Lulu Blooker Prize / A Positive Book About Mixed Marriages / I Will Marry Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.