Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW (1665 Views)

Photos: Chris Oyakhilome And Daughter Perform On Stage / Mr Chris Oyakhilome And Anita / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 11:37am On Sep 03, 2014
Introduction

I'm not into the habit of kicking a man when it looks like he his down
however since this is the season of Chris Oyaks
I'll do some writings about the topic laced with my religious and secular bias
This is intellectually usefuly as it provides a repertoire of knowledge
that could be handy in everyday life.

Hopefuly, in reading this, you'll see how ideas and words are extremely flexible and subjective
you might also learn how to anchor yourself internally and not on others
..and by the way, I'm extremely anointed so "touch me not"
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2014
If 1-1=0, then 0+1=1

Chris's Teaching is extremely simple and goes like this.
One man, Adam brought sin by which all his seed is condemned
no matter how good or bad you are.
the 2nd man brought redemption/grace/life by which all his seed are saved
no matter how good or bad you are.

In the xtian history, this is not the first time this message has been preached
we can argue that Paul the apostle first preached this
in contemporary times, you'll hear visible men
like Joseph Prince, TD Jakes, Joel Osteen also preach this same gospel
(i also ascribe to this strain of the gospel)
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2014
Now that you are saved, ..you are saved no matter what

[I] I'll interject
You've heard this before? "those who are born of God cannot sin"
mainstream christians interprete this to mean that if you sin or continue to sin that means you're not born again or are backslided
the other school of thought suggests that this simply means that once you're born again then no matter what you do, it can't be labelled as sin
For the sake of argument, I'll call the sin after being born again as moral bankruptcy
and then use both terms interchangeably [/I]

Anyone with the minutest intellect will know immediately that is a very tricky gospel
Even Paul in birthing this gospel was quite worried and said:
"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?"

Now this is the bit that seems to seperate Chris from the others who share his view
Some try avoid mentioning 'sin' or avoid condemning folks that sin
Joseph prince is emphatetic that alhough you are saved you'd be a good ambassador if you avoid sin
he argues just as Chris does that the more you expose yourself to God, the easier it is for you to minimise moral bankruptcy

Chris and his ministry is however very frontal in the issue of sin or moral bankruptcy
he puts it on the front burner then pushes it away as inconsequential
that's why you hear controversial issues such as permissible abortion, permissible divorce, scanty dressing and masturbation emanating from his church

nOw when you have such an ideology, which will naturally be kicked against by the mainstream xtians
and you desire to grow it into a world view
you then need to protect it till it becomes the norm
A tool that is used in acheiving this is a cult.
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
The forming of cults, ..Chris's cult
This is a strong term and it immediately conotes negatives
But here, i use it loosely to mean a closely guided society

No matter what you say about Chris, one thing seems extremely clear
he wants to win as much souls as possible to Christianity
Also clear is that he wants them to have his same kind of xtianity
lead by him

Chris successfully did this by shutting off his followers from mainstream xtianity
as he won souls, he ensured that they stayed within, drank only from his words
dissed the message preached by others and married only amongst themselves
he ensured that he was constantly at the top view of his followers
only next to Jesus
in such a way that if a pastor breaks away
it would have little or no effect on his church
He also encouraged his followers to invest massively and sacrificially in his church
thereby swelling the church accounts beyond your wildest imagination
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
Sealing the complete buy-in
When you accept the message of perpetual salavation
one or two things could happen to you.

1) You feel emboldened to come before God without any sense of guilt no matter your attrocities
in fact, you could just finish screwing a wh.ore and immediately start praise and worship
2) You are a little bit worried that it is too good to be true. What if it is not completely correct
3) You are left a little bit empty and yearning because you no longer have to deal with the guilt of sin
which occupied your previous cat and mouse relationship with God.

So now, here comes the man of God, working miracles and still preaching this message
and telling you to give to propagate this good news
With all the three points i listed working on your subconscious
you feel compelled to protect the source of the goodnews especially when it is requested of you
as it it said, "strike the Shepard and the sheep will be scattered"
Protect him you will, at least for your own psychological good

Then when you are requested to also give sacrificially towards this particular good news
it somehow fits the whole picture perfectly
This I will draw out in the next post.
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Question marks on Sex, money, fraud, dishonesty and sin

You've been fed with the word of God
which is extremely positive
So u shldn't be saying things like "I dont have"

So when ministry needs money
you have to have to give
so saying or thinking otherwise undermines your own faith

So a MOG tells you to give £1000 to the gospel
and you only have £500

Apart from not wanting to slack in faith
you secretly want to be a noticeable member of the giving club
so that pastor will notice you and even lay his hands on you for being a giver
Plus you genuinely feel very much like giving to God

Now this is where your core values come into play
if you have a 50/50 morality about 419 but have never done it before
and then you feel the strong urge to give beyond your means
just playing around with your laptop to access the extra £500 from a mugu
might be the next option,..afterall, you're not sinning
plus you'd also get extra for yourself

if you have 50/50 morality about sleeping with a sugar daddy
your mates have been doing it and making loads of cash
besides, this sugar daddy is a fine boy
why not go ahead. You can even win him to christ

1 Like

Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
How much do you believe in the gospel of sinlessnes?

I had an ex who was a member of CE, and tried hard to pull me in
In one of our discussions, she mentioned excitedly about the none-sin nature of believers
I agreed with her, but sought to test her understanding

"Honey" I said, "what this means is that if someone is gay and born-again the person cannot sin"
she frowned.
I went on, "if someone is born-again and goes on assasinating people, he cannot sin"
I could see at this point that she was not comfortable anymore

I pushed on, "and if I curse your anointed pastor, i cant be said to be sinning too"
I lost her there

With the passing of time, my girl began to change
she became more dishonest with me. All for the sake of the gospel.

This brought to my remberance what was spoken by jesus
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make
one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves"

2 Likes

Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Conclusion -Anita God help you

I have written at great length with a single purpose of enabling us come to term with what is

I have no doubt that Pastor Chris is anointed
I have no doubt that he is also dedicated to spreading the gospel
I also have no doubt that he works miracles in the name of God
I also understand the gospel of sinlessnes

But,
If I hear a story that someone was paid by members of the ministry to fake being healed
I wont disbelieve the story, simply because the ministry is dogged for the gospel
In fact you'd here them say things about "if christians are as committed as terrorists
the gospel will go far"

If I hear stuff about money laundry
that wan na small thing

If I hear stuff from his wife about Chris committing adultery
and he denies
I know that they are both sinless and will be comfortable in lieing
and that even if it is true, Chris will deny for the sake of the gospel
and so will his followers for the sake of the gospel

i have no issues with any of this
but my heart goes out to a woman that took what only a few women will take from their husband all for the sake of the gospel
now small small members that probably laughed at Chris when he started are suddenly his boxing ring supporters

before you become the next victim, stop and ask yourself
"what is your own vision apart from being a follow, follow?"

4 Likes

Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by ihedinobi2: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
Bump!

Simply amazing! You put in words a woozy feeling I've had since I discovered Chris in teenage.

Bump! Bump! Bump!!!
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by Sjones: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
What exactly do u intend to achieve with this nonesense write up ?

Pastor Anita never accused her husband of adultery.Cablnews.ng that first came up with d news smuggled in that word"adultery" to deceive d whole world especially those of u that love lies and enjoy feasting on things like this.

If u can write so well,use it to preach d gospel and u wil have a reward.
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by lastmessenger: 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sjones:

Pastor Anita never accused her husband of adultery.Cablnews.ng that first came up with d news smuggled in that word"adultery" to deceive d whole world especially those of u that love lies and enjoy feasting on things like this.

One of them foot soldiers.
@op I can relate with all the things you wrote up there. Pastor Chris is a very smart guy and his smartness has brought him to limelight. As smart as I am I once fell for the whole sweet talk but I have dust myself from where I fell. Am taking back my Brain.

1 Like

Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sjones:

If u can write so well,use it to preach d gospel and u wil have a reward .

and who says i don't preach the gospel
ooops, i forget --ur only parroting what you were taught to say in response to critique cheesy

and what kind of reward should i seek?
probably not the type you seek for I have been rewarded with that already
The reward i seek is simply to make things plain to seekers,...this makes me happy

And what is wrong with throwing a harmless jab at a ministry once in a while
I see Apostles in the bible do it
I even see pastors in your ministry do it more often than others maybe not calling their names
i am sure you are aware of this

what is wrong if i talk about a controversial 'great' man situated within my economy.
I talk about GEJ, Buhari and Ibori..is this not a price to be paid for greatness?
after all, i am not talking about you, but you are talking about me, and i'm talking about your boss
see the heirarchy of things? wink
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by Topgainer: 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sjones:
You cannot preach the gospel on a wrong premise. The distorted gospel of Oyakhilome and his local branch managers does more harm than good to the body of Christ. For instance, a gospel that makes so light the issues of holy living among Christians, No matter what one does he remains sinless. What does he breed in Love Worlds, a large population of questionable Characters
There is nothing wrong in questioning the authenticity of some gospels like the ones peddled by the Oyakhs. The Bible says(Paul wrote) even if Angels bring a different Gospel other the one we received from Christ, we shouldn't receive such a person
As for Chris using every opportunity like he did at the cross over service, to project himself as sinless especially in front of his followers regarding his wife, my prayer for him is that he steps down from his arrogant self, reopen discussion with his wife, apply forgiveness where ever necessary. This is 2015, I wasn't expecting him to start this year with his self conceited stance concerning Anita and his sinless man of God projected profile
If you Love your Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome, pray for him

1 Like

Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by Topgainer: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
esere826:
Introduction

Your presentation was mild yet the message is strong. Those who have "ears" will read and understand but some others Isaiah prophesied 'make the ears dull and their eyes blind that hearing they will not understand, they may not see lest they turn away from their evil ways '
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by donstevico(m): 10:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
so una still carry pastor Chris mata enter 2015 #yawns
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by vooks: 7:56am On Jan 04, 2015
Esere826,
I can't possibly comment on the gospel of sinlessness. Never heard of it. Perhaps you could do us a favor and quote Oyakhilome's version and explain it further?

About Oyaks OWNING his followers,it helps to support your claims
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by Kei144(m): 9:30am On Jan 04, 2015
Esere826, great job! You are a prolific writer, and very intelligent. God will surely reward you for putting your great abilities to His service.
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by TV01(m): 1:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
esere826:

1. I have no doubt that Pastor Chris is anointed
2. I have no doubt that he is also dedicated to spreading the gospel
3. I also have no doubt that he works miracles in the name of God
4. I also understand the gospel of sinlessnes

1. How are you certain he's anointed? And more specifically anointed by God?
2. Even if we don't question his dedication, which "gospel" is he dedicated to? Especially when you yourself question his gospel of sinlessness
3. How are you sure? Miracles - or seeming miracles - can be worked outside God
4. I appreciate that to understand is not to endorse, but how do yo umake your claims 1-3 above - with any certainty - if you don't.

Wild card;
5. Even if you assume he started with genuine fervour, and in Gods will. Do you believe he is still in/doing it at this point?

TV
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:

2. Even if we don't question his dedication, which "gospel" is he dedicated to? Especially when you yourself question his gospel of sinlessness
4. I appreciate that to understand is not to endorse, but how do yo umake your claims 1-3 above - with any certainty - if you don't.
Wild card;
5. Even if you assume he started with genuine fervour, and in Gods will. Do you believe he is still in/doing it at this point?b
TV

The target audience for this write up was folks who share some similar beliefs to mine -the once saved always saved crew
and those that many times agree with the man but find it difficult to understand why some of his (or his ministries) actions or utterances seem at variance with what they consider cherished christian values

And finally it was my little way of empathizing with the woman in the center of the whole brouhaha

..it might be difficult for someone outside this circle to understand it except they understand (even if they not accept) the gospel of sinlessness.
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by TV01(m): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
esere826:

The target audience for this write up was folks who share some similar beliefs to mine -the once saved always saved crew
and those that many times agree with the man but find it difficult to understand why some of his (or his ministries) actions or utterances seem at variance with what they consider cherished christian values

And finally it was my little way of empathizing with the woman in the center of the whole brouhaha

..it might be difficult for someone outside this circle to understand it except they understand (even if they not accept) the gospel of sinlessness.

I grasp the concept of a "gospel of sinlessness", but how does agreeing with it prove if someone is anointed, a worker of divine miracles etc as posed by my questions?

Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway.

TV
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by esere826: 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:
I grasp the concept of a "gospel of sinlessness", but how does agreeing with it prove if someone is anointed, a worker of divine miracles etc as posed by my questions?
good to know we have a meeting point
so let me explain
I only believe he is. just like I believe that TB Joshua is, and believe that I am.
Those are just my beliefs/perception based on what I have processed and think i understand
By his fruits, he sure spreads the gospel of sinlessness. i do not question this nor the type of gospel itself. what I question is follow follow throughout most of ones lifetime without grounding, like a guy that came here parroting what he was taught. I also kinda question the subtle encouragement of people to do what they wont otherwise do to bring in money. This is an ethical thing to me.
yep, i would think that miracls can be worked outside God, but pls refer to my conclusion
5. Even if you assume he started with genuine fervour, and in Gods will. Do you believe he is still in/doing it at this point?
also refer to my conclusion

CONCLUSION
interestingly the gospel of sinlessness if true (I believe it is)
means that you can indeed tap into God independent of your character whether good or considered evil. it essentially says that its not your character that matters to tap into what is already available to you
it also means someone who tries to live by the typical xtian values is able to achieve same result as someone who discards the typical xtian values

based on this gospel of sinlessnes
so after the 'born again' point, how do you tap into Gods goodies whether you're good or evil
Chris suggests that it is mainly through money
some say its through prayers and fasting
some say it is through keeping quiet when pastor messes up
some say it is by follow follow
some say it is by pursuing what God has laid in your heart to do
the list goes on and on
Re: Profiling Chris Oyakhilome and BLW by TV01(m): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
esere826:

good to know we have a meeting point
so let me explain
I only believe he is. just like I believe that TB Joshua is, and believe that I am.
Those are just my beliefs/perception based on what I have processed and think i understand
By his fruits, he sure spreads the gospel of sinlessness. i do not question this nor the type of gospel itself. what I question is follow follow throughout most of ones lifetime without grounding, like a guy that came here parroting what he was taught. I also kinda question the subtle encouragement of people to do what they wont otherwise do to bring in money. This is an ethical thing to me.
yep, i would think that miracls can be worked outside God, but pls refer to my conclusion
also refer to my conclusion

CONCLUSION
interestingly the gospel of sinlessness if true (I believe it is)
means that you can indeed tap into God independent of your character whether good or considered evil. it essentially says that its not your character that matters to tap into what is already available to you
it also means someone who tries to live by the typical xtian values is able to achieve same result as someone who discards the typical xtian values

based on this gospel of sinlessnes
so after the 'born again' point, how do you tap into Gods goodies whether you're good or evil
Chris suggests that it is mainly through money
some say its through prayers and fasting
some say it is through keeping quiet when pastor messes up
some say it is by follow follow
some say it is by pursuing what God has laid in your heart to do
the list goes on and on

Thanks again, I can't say I agree with the "gospel of sinlessness" as defined and outlined here. It seems the write-up is for a particular audience, so fair dos..

TV

(1) (Reply)

Obinna Akukwe: 15 Years Of Adulterous Endurance: In Defence Of Anita Oyakhilome / Alternative Method Of Paying Your Tithe / World Anointing Night Vigil Odm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.