Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Olx Transaction - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Olx Transaction (1218 Views)

OLX Is The Most Useless Website / Used 1993 Audi 80 Car (tiger Face) ---- Transaction CLOSED !!! / Car Dealers Beware Of Fake Transaction Alert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olx Transaction by keymove: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nairalanders! beware of olx transaction.
Re: Olx Transaction by gbemsone(f): 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLX ,some seller are real while some are dubious ..

I bought a Car there

2 Likes

Re: Olx Transaction by rottable(m): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
At all are fradulent i got a job on that same olx
Re: Olx Transaction by rattlesnake(m): 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
rottable: At all are fradulent i got a job on that same olx
hmmm
They will still post vacancy on top Ur job my guy
U for no yarn like this

1 Like

Re: Olx Transaction by martinz1: 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
the job vacancy site is mostly fraudulent, except for the "mobile fone and gadget for sale" section
which is 70 percent genuine and 30 percent fraudulent , u just have to use your head,,
some best deals are at olx and not on nairaland
Re: Olx Transaction by haneefsoft: 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
you just have to be careful! Anything Customs... or too too cheap cars when they are not fairly used even if they use used, you need to be extremely cautious. I needed am external hard drive, I searched olx and found a seller with a satisfactory price who claims to be in Lagos and can deliver within Lagos. So, I sent him a friend's phone number in Lagos asking the seller to deliver to the friend. I sent money to my friend and the transaction took place. I received my purchase 2 days after through someone coming to my location. Wisdom and Care.

I had called a guy whose car I saw on olx and he said the car is in Kano. I told him I will send somebody in Kano to come and inspect, he declined saying except I come myself to Kano or I pay 50K upfront for the car to be delivered to me. Those kind of transactions, I beg, run.

By the way, how will somebody in his right mind pay for a car he has not seen, and dealing with a strange, unknown individual.

Olx is a good platform to sell and buy but we have to be careful. Likewise, I exclaim at individuals ready to rip nigerians of our hard-earned money

1 Like

Re: Olx Transaction by pufframmy1: 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
this is right i called many seller on cars on OLX you will hear it custom impounded car .. money upfront for auction please beware that why i limit my going to the website scammer now taking over the car section over there thanks all
Re: Olx Transaction by gift01: 12:04am On Sep 04, 2014
The simple rule of OLX is don't pay a dime for what you've never seen. Pay before service don't exist there! Its service and pay
Re: Olx Transaction by mophiccollege: 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
most of this scammers are found in Badagry,lagos island and ikorodu, a car worth 1,500,000 will be displayed at 300k also negotiable, Nigerians don pass that level . kindly leave this medium for genuie seller
Re: Olx Transaction by mocash: 3:18am On Sep 05, 2014
I av sold 70% of my cars on olx,jus avoid outrageously cheap cars,areas like badagry,lagos mainland west and east,apapa,wamako,ilella,sokoto central,central business district n a whole lot of odas r d den. Of d supossed scammers,u even find scammers uploadin my cars n info wit dia own numbas@cheaper prices dan d original
Re: Olx Transaction by macanu(m): 7:17am On Sep 05, 2014
The worst part is olx is just standing down and doing nothing,do they want to tell me that they don't see this post or scan them b4 posting them.I have even write to them about the fraudulent activates and till they do nothing,d tin just tire me.spoiling business for me
Re: Olx Transaction by martinz1: 7:20am On Sep 05, 2014
Another problem with olx is thAt the site is not interactive like nairaland where people can comment ,reply or quote Comment for any item
U can only be able to send a message to the thread author of which nobody can see the message

(1) (Reply)

2005 Honda Accord For Sale (with Navigation) -sold, sold sold / In Need Of Partners In Importation Of Car Parts / soldddd!!600k Negotiable!! Clean Nigerian Used 2003 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.