Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,183 members, 7,815,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Getting A Turn-over In Your Blog Life - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Getting A Turn-over In Your Blog Life (497 Views)

How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. / The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting A Turn-over In Your Blog Life by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
Let me start by saying that by statistics, there are approximately 300 Million Blogs in existence (as at February 2014) and people are creating over 70,000 Blogs everyday.

So if you're a blogger, I'm sure you must now be aware of what you're contending with.

It is quite sad that when the word "Blog" is mentioned, we Nigerians tend to conjure up images of a Online Newspaper with contents like "Iyanya Slaps Yvonne Nelson's Backside at Eko Lounge" or "Seun sues Mynd44 for misappropriation of Funds."

Far from that, Blogging is more than what you were made to believe it is....

I'm not a millionaire blogger, if that's what you think. I'm equally in the struggling process as most Nigerian bloggers are. Nonetheless, I am rapidly attaining that growth through realization.

Attending Webinars, meeting Top Blogsters, reading eBooks, e.t.c are wonderful ways to improve your Blog life BUT until you get that inner realization, they will NEVER be of any use to you.

There are some niches that we Bloggers need to venture into.

I mean, come on! This Entertainment of a thing is getting too much. Everybody I know of that's into blogging these days wants to be a Linda Ikeji. It's a broken record already!

Don't get me wrong tho, it's really lucrative IF YOU KNOW YOUR WAY. But as for the newbies, can you withstand the competition? How much money and/or time are you willing to pump into it?

Remember, Blogging should be like a career to you if you REALLY want to earn a reasonable income from it. Blogging is not street soccer you know.

Many of us are too concerned about the money that could be earned from it rather than the effort that we'll put into it.

I'm a lazy blogger quite alright when it comes to a consistent, everyday updating as the Entertainment Niche requires (which is evident in the way I handled my current blog ) and I'm quite sure many of us are, too. It is thus expedient that we find Niches that suit (or better still, play along with) our individual comfort zones.

True, krissray.com was my very first blog (which I launched back in early 2012) but, to be honest with y'all, I've not earned a single cent with it. (Forget all the demor wey I put for that "Advertise Here" page, all na wash!)

From case study, I came to realize that I didn't really have a specific Niche for it, in fact, I didn't know what blogging was all about, so I had to keep on with that dilemma.

It is the same with many of us here. We wash when in fact, we haven't earned a dime. Some even go as far as photoshopping old Adsense interface to make everyone believe that they, too, are part of the party. Nonsense!

I also noticed that even if I specifically picked Entertainment as my Niche, I'd have flopped dismally and not even CTRL + C would stop that.

However, I didn't stop there. I had over 6 blogs dedicated to another Niche. A Niche that I was really good at even without being a fan of it. It was challenging, but it was worth it. There was no CTRL + C involved, everything was original. The Competition was there but that wasn't a bother because it was easy to handle. I had the right source of Traffic (and I don't spam), the right type of audience and of course the right type of content so I never slacked in it. Even today, while those blogs stay abandoned, they generate some cash on an unsequential basis. The contents are old but they still remain fresh and useful!

This is what blogging is about!!

Blogging is meant to be an extension of one's passion to the enrichment of others and not the exposure of one's hunger and desperation for money to the annoyance of reasonable personalities in the Blogosphere.

Granted, I decided I was going to transform my current blog to an Official Website void of any monetization of any sort while I resurrect my old blogs and continue from where I stopped.

And if you're wondering what Niche it is that I was talking about, I was referring to Religious Niche.

Just thought one or two could take a tip from this experience. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Bulk Sms Site Dat Is Cheap / Browse With Mtn Bis On Pc, It Rocks Unlimited / Make Money With 92trade.com Nigeria's Premier Dental & Medical Online Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.