Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures (30880 Views)

Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) / Ibeyi Talk About Their Yoruba Heritage In A New Interview / BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by litetias(m): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
Osahon7: if you come to benin now, there is a street dedicated to all these stuffs...more are still been produced till 2maro....thou an Average Bini person likes abroad sha buh bros who nor like better thing?
What is the name of the street?
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by 9jagirl4re(f): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
We are full of great history if we teach it more maybe we will now know that manufacturing is in our blood. We must now tun it to what consumers want abroad and send it to them. Not foreign factories set up to sell sending the money back to China, Korea and Japan. We can start with agriculture.

Igbo-Ukwu community is located in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State
The site dated 9th or 10th century A.D and it represents one of the earliest examples of bronze casting in sub-Saharan Africa.[i][/i] The site has several parts, including a main burial, associated caches and shrines. Igbo Ukwu was a burial place for elite personages, and the burials identified there were interred with a large quantity of costly grave goods. The principal burial is of a person buried sitting on a stool, in fine clothing and rich grave effects such as over 150,000 glass beads, and accompanied by the remains of at least five attendants. Elaborate cast bronze vases, bowls and ornaments were discovered at Igbo Ukwu, made with the lost wax technique. The detailed and delicate surface decoration of objects, featuring tiny figures of insects and small animals, and the addition of fine wires arranged to emphasize the shape of the piece. The vase illustrated is enveloped in a stylized woven net, possibly inspired by the type of net that would have been used for carrying containers. The site portray a lot of tourist attractions which gives any tourist that visit the area an insight of what the Igbo Ukwu people and Igbo in general where known for. One significant thing about Igbo-Ukwu bronze culture undoubtedly is that it is found in all the migration routes of the Igbos in all parts of Nigeria. This is coupled with the fact that Igbo-Ukwu has the largest deposits of bronze so far discovered in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Onegai(f): 5:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
vivaciousvivi: How creative cheesy Though I would never use bronze busts in my house. I would be too scared embarassed

Scared of what o jare? That you would be unable to maintain its polish??

I don't get Nigerians, if it was a sculpture of Mary, you will put it in your house happily. That's also an idol (and yes, I'm a catholic and proud to be one). Even a statue of Christ is an idol, read your bible well.

Dey carry wey pass u for una head

OP, you went past Ring rd or Igun street (I think that's the name) to find this. Most of these are Brass, not Bronze (Bronze is pretty expensive). They're quite nice and I would like to have one commemorating my family tree (which I can trace back at least 4 generations).

6 Likes

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by oxtine(m): 5:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
I wish to introduce you to a money making platform where all members pay just N2000`to make money.

You too can make a fortune here if you so wish. To begin, you are expected to have a minimum credit balance of N100 (one hundred Naira) on your phone; In order to hasten the process, It’s best for you to invite just 2 friends to join under you shortly after your registration. As soon as you do these, you are set to start making money almost immediately.

Even if you cannot find 2 people to join under you, don’t worry the system is designed to automatically place 2 people under you. We call it spillover. Note that you will not pay N2000 to me but to somebody on the platform as you will receive sms telling you whom to pay.

Now let’s go into the details:

1. To have a space on the platform you will buy your identification code that costs N50 (fifty Naira), we call it cash code. To buy the code, you will send SMS from your phone as this: BIZBUY#YOUR PHONE NUMBER to 33324. From 33324 you will receive a message confirming your purchase. At that stage, you are a member of the platform. Write your code in a safe place e.g your diary as you will always need your code for further transactions.

2. Now you will have to pair your code with P518735 to be part of the money making team. To pair your code, you will type as sms:

BIZPAIR#CLOSE#YOUR PHONE NUMBER#YOUR CODE#07039077430#P518735

You will send to 33324 making sure there is no space in-between what you have typed. You will receive a message stating:

“congrats your code has paired with (… a code) of (…gsm number)@2000.”

You will now call the gsm number collect his bank details and pay the person. As soon as he/she receives the cash, he will also receive a sms on how to approve your payment so you can move to the next level.

When 2 other codes pair up with yours they pay you N2000 each. You will have to generate a payment report for each by sending another sms command as follows:

BIZPAID#BIZPAIR#PHONE_NO_OF_GUEST-CODE#AMOUNT#YOUR_PHONE_NO#GUEST-CODE

TO 33324 e.g.

BIZPAID#BIZPAIR#08022222222#2000#07039077430#P518735
to 33324

From that moment you are set to be receiving money. People will start calling you to pay you starting from N2000, then N3000, and then N5000 progressively as more people are joining after you.

See what you will receive:

You will receive N2,000 from 2 people making N4,000 and you will pay up N3,000 and retain N1,000! Then after…..

You will receive N3,000 from 4 people making N12,000 and you will pay up N5,000 and retain N7,000! Then after…..

You will receive N5,000 from 8 people making N40,000 and you cycle out.

You can then pay N2,000 and start the process again.

If you are serious about this opportunity, you can be making more than N40,000 from the platform every two weeks. You have nothing to lose, as everybody makes money here because of the way the program is designed.

Please note that all sms to 33324 cost N50 only.

If you still need more details feel free to call me, text me or chat me on whatsapp on 07039077430 or 08188920430

For more information, visit www.cashcodetraders.com

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
sexzskil: THESE DO NOT STOP THE FACT THAT BLACK AFRICANS ARE A CURSE TO THE HUMAN RACE cool
And you are a 2 kobo prostitut who is still owing me my half and half.

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by fairari022(m): 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Lero15(m): 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
Saraben: l hav nt been able to b the ftc after how many years of trying dats y I am never recognized nor mentioned ..all tanks to glo network
eeya...sorry
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by epospiky(m): 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
Saraben: l hav nt been able to b the ftc after how many years of trying dats y I am never recognized nor mentioned ..all tanks to glo network
Eyah*smh* Welcome back. You must be feeling like a chilled water is running down your body with face full of smile upon discovering that you have been mentioned.
Back to the thread. Only God knows how much the white yearn to have these and how many their hands could reach. PROUDLY NIGERIAN!

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
litetias:
What is the name of the street?
Its called Igun street....that's where you see many bronze works as much as u like...passing the street self u will even see small children playing with it
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by sammondonpoint(m): 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
It is good
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by epospiky(m): 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
oxtine: I wish to introduce you to a money making platform where all members pay just N2000`to make money.

You too can make a fortune here if you so wish. To begin, you are expected to have a minimum credit balance of N100 (one hundred Naira) on your phone; In order to hasten the process, It’s best for you to invite just 2 friends to join under you shortly after your registration. As soon as you do these, you are set to start making money almost immediately.

Even if you cannot find 2 people to join under you, don’t worry the system is designed to automatically place 2 people under you. We call it spillover. Note that you will not pay N2000 to me but to somebody on the platform as you will receive sms telling you whom to pay.

Now let’s go into the details:

1. To have a space on the platform you will buy your identification code that costs N50 (fifty Naira), we call it cash code. To buy the code, you will send SMS from your phone as this: BIZBUY#YOUR PHONE NUMBER to 33324. From 33324 you will receive a message confirming your purchase. At that stage, you are a member of the platform. Write your code in a safe place e.g your diary as you will always need your code for further transactions.

2. Now you will have to pair your code with P518735 to be part of the money making team. To pair your code, you will type as sms:

BIZPAIR#CLOSE#YOUR PHONE NUMBER#YOUR CODE#07039077430#P518735

You will send to 33324 making sure there is no space in-between what you have typed. You will receive a message stating:

“congrats your code has paired with (… a code) of (…gsm number)@2000.”

You will now call the gsm number collect his bank details and pay the person. As soon as he/she receives the cash, he will also receive a sms on how to approve your payment so you can move to the next level.

When 2 other codes pair up with yours they pay you N2000 each. You will have to generate a payment report for each by sending another sms command as follows:

BIZPAID#BIZPAIR#PHONE_NO_OF_GUEST-CODE#AMOUNT#YOUR_PHONE_NO#GUEST-CODE

TO 33324 e.g.

BIZPAID#BIZPAIR#08022222222#2000#07039077430#P518735
to 33324

From that moment you are set to be receiving money. People will start calling you to pay you starting from N2000, then N3000, and then N5000 progressively as more people are joining after you.

See what you will receive:

You will receive N2,000 from 2 people making N4,000 and you will pay up N3,000 and retain N1,000! Then after…..

You will receive N3,000 from 4 people making N12,000 and you will pay up N5,000 and retain N7,000! Then after…..

You will receive N5,000 from 8 people making N40,000 and you cycle out.

You can then pay N2,000 and start the process again.

If you are serious about this opportunity, you can be making more than N40,000 from the platform every two weeks. You have nothing to lose, as everybody makes money here because of the way the program is designed.

Please note that all sms to 33324 cost N50 only.

If you still need more details feel free to call me, text me or chat me on whatsapp on 07039077430 or 08188920430

For more information, visit www.cashcodetraders.com

A thread will be better.
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
fairari022: sometime ago when I sojourned the great Britain for a couple of weeks, upon my arrival at the Liverpool museum, I caught a sight of similar artifacts. I was intrigued a kinda, then scrutinize scrupulously, only to decover some were labeled to bini, Nigeria. I later fathomed they stole some of those artifacts from the then bini empire.

Britain is been stealing since the days of lord lugaurd.
Very correct sir• But thank God for his blessings...the ones we have now are even better and more than the onces dey stole....
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by cococandy(f): 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
Wow. Splendid awesome art
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Deiok(m): 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
Edo nu zomo.

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by MarieSucre(f): 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Vstuffs: [size=60pt]PROUD [/color][/size][size=60pt] NIGERIA[/size]

corruption,boko haram,electricity

learn web development

https://www.nairaland.com/1788943/get-complete-web-development-video
Gbagaun!!! are you the whole country?

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by free2ryhme: 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
hazyfm: SCARY

Pickin wey dem born for outside
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Tonjeola1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
Mrcdorv: Good one!
i called u yesterday about 40ft container, u said, u will get back to me
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Tonjeola1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
Mrcdorv: Good one!
I called u yesterday about 40ft container, u said u will get back to me, still dey expect ur reply
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Originalsly: 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
This is jaw dropping skill and art.....awesome!....Went to quite a few museum but nothing never really impressed me....despite all the hype. This surely did. Some people never appreciate their own....until others do.

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Zarathena(f): 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
I see... wink
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by cole265(m): 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
sexzskil: THESE DO NOT STOP THE FACT THAT BLACK AFRICANS ARE A CURSE TO THE HUMAN RACE cool
Better to ignore the fool.

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by pablus: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
most of what the OP posted seem fake. poor quality work.

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Michdear(f): 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
Osahon7: This is a small collection of the Millions of bronze works in the Great City of Benin City• Happy Viewing
mr osahon how can I get those pics directly to my phone? Can't save it on NL
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by cole265(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
graciousolo: You want make we notice u ab? Well in my opinion You alone is more cursed than Black Africa can ever be. Attention seeking bastard!.

Hahahahhahahahahajaja....you wicked o! ha Hahahahahaha....laughing in baba Suwe's voice
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
If only Benin City knows how much it can make by investing in an international standard museum. Nig is yet to understand that individual states can develop n flourish on its own without a dine from the fed govt.
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
Osahon7: Its called Igun street....that's where you see many bronze works as much as u like...passing the street self u will even see small children playing with it
Chie!
You can lie? ? ?
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by cityexams: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Just Few Days left for 2014/2015 WAEC/G.C.E to start.

Get A's in all your Subjects without stress.

Receive W.A.E.C / G.C.E answers, Both Obj. And Theory live on your mobile phone.

Visit WWW.CITYEXAM.ML For More Details smiley

Dont Be Left out.
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by dad007(m): 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
chidyhels:
Chie!
You can lie? ? ?
He is telling the truth.
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Michdear: mr osahon how can I get those pics directly to my phone? Can't save it on NL
follow these steps...if you are browsing with opera mini, move your cursor to the particular pics, then hold your "Okay" button on your fone..u see Save picture,Open Picture••select "save picture"...when it displays the name of the file...edit the picture by storing it with any name..e.g Bronze.Jpg....Jpg must be added
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by qadeerkug(m): 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
oh lawd den all scarred huh
Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
gladpresh: i fit do am sef grin

bt ebola fit run if e c dis kind faces oo cheesy

Y are Nigerians not serious 4 once?

1 Like

Re: The Ancient City Of Benin: Our Bronze Heritage In Pictures by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
chidyhels:
Chie!
You can lie? ? ?
when I mean play I don't mean ""Play"" those bronze casters are taught the act from childhood...you see dem polishing bronze

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eziagu Festival Of Heritage Records Impressive Cultural Exhibitions, Masquerades / Nkiru Homann Dresses Kids In Germany In Local Outfits - Photos / And To Which Language Do These Famous Naija Expressions Belong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.