Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Is NIIT Worth The Amount? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is NIIT Worth The Amount? (1709 Views)

CCT vs NIIT / My Ordeal Experience @aptech,new Horizon And Niit. / NIIT Na Rubbish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is NIIT Worth The Amount? by shinechinedu(m): 2:16am On Sep 04, 2014
top of the morning to you everybody. my younger brother just finished his waec and is about to apply for admission into the university. thing is, he wants to study computer science,and we all know that the average Nigeria university cant even ground you on the real computer ish- all they do is mostly theory theory theory. to be sincere with you guys, he knows pretty much nothing about computers but hes a very smart kid, i can stand for him any day or time and he loves computers to the core, so i advised him to go to an IT center to learn. he picked NIIT, but i know almost nothing about them, except for the fact that its an Indian firm and charge pretty high, so i went to their ikeja branch to confirm issues and i was right about the price,(they charged 700k for a three years course in computer programming and added that on graduation, he must do his project outside Nigeria which costs are also going to be borne by us) it was really confusing though. the few people ive asked about them have said that they are really credible but some posts i saw about them on Nairaland (from 2009 and 2012) are really discouraging, the OPs seem to have first hand experience about them and complained about low quality teaching etc. so im asking you computer gurus here, pls is it worth it now, have they improved on teaching? is there any other credible institute that can do better? pls ur answers re needed ASAP cos i want to go see my dad today to explain my findings. thanks you guys in advance.. DJ SHINE

1 Like

Re: Is NIIT Worth The Amount? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Is NIIT Worth The Amount? by emmyvet(m): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
shinechinedu: top of the morning to you everybody. my younger brother just finished his waec and is about to apply for admission into the university. thing is, he wants to study computer science,and we all know that the average Nigeria university cant even ground you on the real computer ish- all they do is mostly theory theory theory. to be sincere with you guys, he knows pretty much nothing about computers but hes a very smart kid, i can stand for him any day or time and he loves computers to the core, so i advised him to go to an IT center to learn. he picked NIIT, but i know almost nothing about them, except for the fact that its an Indian firm and charge pretty high, so i went to their ikeja branch to confirm issues and i was right about the price,(they charged 700k for a three years course in computer programming and added that on graduation, he must do his project outside Nigeria which costs are also going to be borne by us) it was really confusing though. the few people ive asked about them have said that they are really credible but some posts i saw about them on Nairaland (from 2009 and 2012) are really discouraging, the OPs seem to have first hand experience about them and complained about low quality teaching etc. so im asking you computer gurus here, pls is it worth it now, have they improved on teaching? is there any other credible institute that can do better? pls ur answers re needed ASAP cos i want to go see my dad today to explain my findings. thanks you guys in advance.. DJ SHINE

Since you are in Lagos dia are other Ict training firm that can offer better or thesame service at a cheaper rate (lesser time ).
You can check afrihub.

For me is not where or who you learnt from that matters but how grounded are you in the Logic world?
What can you do?
Can you solve the problems of man?
I don't need your Indian cerficate but your code and logic that can change the world and make it a better place!
Hope you grab something from my quote.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIIT Worth The Amount? by neelammadan(f): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2014
Hi DJ,

Just read your message & I can’t agree more with your concerns of lack of quality education ..specially in the field of IT. But let me assure you, the situation is not so bleak. Moreover the institution your brother has picked which is “NIIT”, is one of the best. They are a global brand & their study materials is quality. Therefore your investment in sending your brother is worth. Their qualified teachers, excellent study material, focus on practical aspect of a technology helps you to understand technology better. I personally being an NIIT student can vouch for it when they say “ We put our course upto the value & not down to the price”. You know quality never comes cheap !!!

All the best to your Brother.

(1) (Reply)

Buying Laptops Through OLX. / How To Download Videos And Save Them From Yotube / *SOLD* Dell Latitude Intel Core I5 4gb 320gb Wifi Dvd-rom 20 Hours Batterylife!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.