Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father (1330 Views)

See What This Man Did To Save His Mum's Life / Is It By Force To Take Your Child To Santa? (Photo) / Couple Adopts Four ‘high-risk’ Siblings From Abusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 04, 2014
I have a friend whose parent quarrel and fight almost on a daily basis the Man gets drunk often and when he does he goes straight to the house to turn it upside down, when it happen like that My guy will just leave the house in that if he witness what the father does to the mother he may be tempted to beat him up, ( I de Pity am) We know it's very wrong for a Child to raise his hand on the parent, I know there are many kids out there having a similar problem Please in situation like that what should one do ?
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 04, 2014
Tell us yer story plainly.......your pa n ma?
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2014
smartchoice: Tell us yer story plainly.......your pa n ma?
If you search through my post u I'll know it's not me, If u no fit contribute to the topic abeg delete ur post.

3 Likes

Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Pavore9: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2014
Oga Prophet!
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 04, 2014
Lacomus: If you search through my post u I'll know it's not me, If u no fit contribute to the topic abeg delete ur post.

Your use of the word daddy betrayed that you're trying to hide!
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 04, 2014
smartchoice:

hehehe I wanted the topic to sound interesting, Oboy watin come be ur own.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by cirmuell(m): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2014
you are slow, how old are you?

3 Likes

Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 04, 2014
cirmuell: you are a slow, how old are you?
But faster than yer Pa.... cheesy
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by cirmuell(m): 8:32am On Sep 04, 2014
smartchoice:
yah, I saw it coming ...no brainer. undecided

1 Like

Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by ATSOMEH(f): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2014
He shd try to be friends with him and in his sober time, talk to him how this attitude affects him and his mum. Ask someone he respects to talk to him too, sometimes, that dirty linen just has to be washed in public. Most importantly, he shd always console his mum when she needs it and try to make her happy in his own little way, she might just still be in the marriage just becos of him and his siblings.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by cococandy(f): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2014
The woman is an adult.
The child is a child.
If she can't up and liberate herself from that bondage of abuse,it's not the child's problem.

But if the child wants to help,he can go report papa to the family elders or the local family welfare union.

2 Likes

Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by 5minsmadness: 9:55am On Sep 04, 2014
How old is your ' friend?'

My friend endured emotional and physical abuse of his mother for 18years. He didn't know how to address the situation, whether it was his duty to do so or not. Wanting to fight his father conflicted with the upbringing he had been raised with to 'honour his father and his mother.' He didn't know if he did anything and they seperated if it would be his fault. He felt like he had failed by not protecting his mom and he was afraid of what his father might do if he challenged him.

One day at the age of 21, he came home from the university and felt tension in the house. By evening his parents had started screaming at each other. As usual he tried to ignore it. But when the fighting began he made up his mind to do something. So he came out of his room, went to the parlour, pulled his dad off his mom, stared him straight in the eye and told him that if he touched his mom again he would regret it for the rest of his life. Then he sent both parents to their seperate rooms and locked them up for an hour. After that he called them together and insisted that as long as he was in the house they were going to talk through their problems. That if anybody hit anybody he would hit back and much harder. And then he told his younger siblings what he had done and to report to him if there were any more 'incidents'

The violence stopped after that.

4 Likes

Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2014
smartchoice:
You just insulted some one.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 05, 2014
5minsmadness: How old is your ' friend?'

My friend endured emotional and physical abuse of his mother for 18years. He didn't know how to address the situation, whether it was his duty to do so or not. Wanting to fight his father conflicted with the upbringing he had been raised with to 'honour his father and his mother.' He didn't know if he did anything and they seperated if it would be his fault. He felt like he had failed by not protecting his mom and he was afraid of what his father might do if he challenged him.

One day at the age of 21, he came home from the university and felt tension in the house. By evening his parents had started screaming at each other. As usual he tried to ignore it. But when the fighting began he made up his mind to do something. So he came out of his room, went to the parlour, pulled his dad off his mom, stared him straight in the eye and told him that if he touched his mom again he would regret it for the rest of his life. Then he sent both parents to their seperate rooms and locked them up for an hour. After that he called them together and insisted that as long as he was in the house they were going to talk through their problems. That if anybody hit anybody he would hit back and much harder. And then he told his younger siblings what he had done and to report to him if there were any more 'incidents'

He told me he once tried to talk to his Dad but he didn't give him listening ears.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by 5minsmadness: 10:34am On Sep 05, 2014
Lacomus: He told me he once tried to talk to his Dad but he didn't give him listening ears.
Nothing new. They don't listen till you get serious.
How old is he?
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 05, 2014
5minsmadness:
How old is he?
He will be 23 this year
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by bebe2(f): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2014
smartchoice:

why are you so childish?

does it matter who it is?

this is a serious issue,

make sense or gerrout angry angry

3 Likes

Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by bebe2(f): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2014
5minsmadness: How old is your ' friend?'

hmmm, good one

but this one is alchol induced,

the man needs to stop drinking first.

if not, no intervention wud work.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by 5minsmadness: 11:01am On Sep 05, 2014
Lacomus: He will be 23 this year
It depends on his temperament.

If he is the quiet type he can report to elders e.g his father's brothers or maybe the church pastor depending on who he is close to. It might even be a neighbor. He shouldn't report to his mother's people, its not his duty to do so. Let someone older than them come and talk to them. If your father knows it is affecting you so much that you sought outside help he might have a rethink.

If he's the outspoken type he should call an in-house family meeting comprising of just the parents and his siblings. They should all air their views on how they don't like what is going on. They should tell their parents to respect themselves in the eyes of them the children. They should discourage their father from drinking and let him know he is embarrassing them when he comes home drunk and turns the place upside down.

If he is the em...physical type, he should call his father to order. Tell him that in as much as he respects him as a father but if he touches his mom again he will fight him. He should mean it too. It will serve as a deterrent . I know many people might not agree with this but hey, its just my opinion.

Many things don't work in Nigeria. You can't call social security/police and when you do they tend to botch things up. He should stand up and be the man of the house since his father seems to be relinquishing that position.

1 Like

Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by 5minsmadness: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2014
bebe2:

hmmm, good one

but this one is alchol induced,

the man needs to stop drinking first.

if not, no intervention wud work.
Oh, that one involved alcohol as well, though not all the time. The pops learnt to carry his drunken self quietly to his room after he was confronted.

But yeah its important for the father to realise that alcohol is destroying his home. Unfortunately I don't think we have AA in Nigeria.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2014
bebe2:

why are you so childish?

does it matter who it is?

this is a serious issue,

make sense or gerrout angry angry

Sorry about your childhood but its not my responsibility.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 05, 2014
Lacomus: hehehe I wanted the topic to sound interesting, Oboy watin come be ur own.
The man has a trigger help him find it and wow you'dbe ssurprised....
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 05, 2014
Lacomus: He told me he once tried to talk to his Dad but he didn't give him listening ears.

Because he's talking about the effects n not the trigger....root cause... Which is usually very deep....something in his life.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2014
5minsmadness:
How old is he?

True.. Serious but not violent.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by bebe2(f): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2014
smartchoice:

Sorry about your childhood but its not my responsibility.

my childhood??

r u kidding??

one of the best times of my life.

i know i was abit harsh, but these are sensitive matters, pple are hurting.

just mind ur wat u say.

u dnt want to add to their pain, do you?

1 Like

Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2014
bebe2:

my childhood??

r u kidding??

one of the best times of my life.

i know i was abit harsh, but these are sensitive matters, pple are hurting.

just mind ur wat u say.

u dnt want to add to their pain, do you?
Hmmmmn OK.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by aolatunde00: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
In line with 5minsmadness,my father in law too was quite physically aggressive to his family whilst they were growing.He beat everyone in the house silly plenty times.
After his wife nearly broke his hand with a heavy stool one day,he stopped beating her.
he continued with the kids though especially my husband"s younger sister.he beat a lot of times for no just cause and really severely.
One day my hubby could take it no more(he was 18 or so).after one of those beatings,he dropped a strongly worded letter for his dad that the next time he ever hit his sister again,his fuc*k up would be treated by him.
The man no believe himself,he became like jelly.cAlled all the family members and a Neighbour to come see the letter his irreponsible son had written.that they should serve as witnesses incase any harm was to befall him suddenly.
My husband just stood there looking unruffled and defiant.
Let's just say he NEVER hit anyone again after that incident and calls my husband Mr ***** ever since then
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
aolatunde00: In line with 5minsmadness,my father in law too was quite physically aggressive to his family whilst they were growing.He beat everyone in the house silly plenty times.
After his wife nearly broke his hand with a heavy stool one day,he stopped beating her.
he continued with the kids though especially my husband"s younger sister.he beat a lot of times for no just cause and really severely.
One day my hubby could take it no more(he was 18 or so).after one of those beatings,he dropped a strongly worded letter for his dad that the next time he ever hit his sister again,his fuc*k up would be treated by him.
The man no believe himself,he became like jelly.cAlled all the family members and a Neighbour to come see the letter his irreponsible son had written.that they should serve as witnesses incase any harm was to befall him suddenly.
My husband just stood there looking unruffled and defiant.
Let's just say he NEVER hit anyone again after that incident and calls my husband Mr ***** ever since then
LOL but this one is a different case the man in question is still paying this boy's fees, he may change his mind if he tries it.
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 06, 2014
smartchoice:
Hmmmmn OK.
You eeerr make I no talk
Re: what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father by Jayses(m): 9:39am On Oct 08, 2014
He should sit the old man down and talk sense into his head NOTE don't ever hit ur old boy no matter wht.

(1) (Reply)

Boiled Seed Does Not Sprout. Never!!! / Paster Sam Adeyemi Or Pastor E.A Adeboye / Married Mother Of 4 On Suicide Watch As Tape With Lover goes public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.