Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Best Benz To Buy - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Benz To Buy (12095 Views)

Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eyop:

Congratulations in advance and that means you are avoiding the supercharged engine smiley well is all good but would advice you consider the C320 instead. The C240 is underpowered. Goodluck chief wink

Lol...yes I'm avoiding the supercharged engine grin you got me!! Thanks a lot my friend, I'll consider the C320....I'm one crazy driver who love speed cheesy
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Eyop: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
ovkie:

Lol...yes I'm avoiding the supercharged engine grin you got me!! Thanks a lot my friend, I'll consider the C320....I'm one crazy driver who love speed cheesy

Are you avoiding the supercharged engine because of speed?
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eyop:

Are you avoiding the supercharged engine because of speed?

Not cos of speed but issues with the kompressor which is very pricey as suggested
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Eyop: 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
ovkie:

Not cos of speed but issues with the kompressor which is very pricey as suggested

I thought you would say is because of speed because i can confirm to you that the Kompressor can measure up with a V6 Engine anyday anytime but as for the issues.i don't know of any and even if there'll be an issue in future,it's very cheap to repair and most time is just to change the clutch and nothing more. Kompressor is a performance monster and very economical compared to the naturally aspirated engine that will slightly consume more fuel than a kompressor.

All the same stick to the C320 and ensure you thoroughly inspect using a qualified mechanic before you pay.
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eyop:

I thought you would say is because of speed because i can confirm to you that the Kompressor can measure up with a V6 Engine anyday anytime but as for the issues.i don't know of any and even if there'll be an issue in future,it's very cheap to repair and most time is just to change the clutch and nothing more. Kompressor is a performance monster and very economical compared to the naturally aspirated engine that will slightly consume more fuel than a kompressor.

All the same stick to the C320 and ensure you thoroughly inspect using a qualified mechanic before you pay.

Ok. I will....honestly, you just gave me big relief from choosing the suitable model to buy. Thanks a million...
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eyop leave romance section n comment here......[/quote]

Thanks for helping me in dragging Eyop from romance section grin. His contribution has been gold. Once again, thank you and co.
Re: Best Benz To Buy by igwe4life(m): 12:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Guys how much would the C320 2003 and 2005 models cost respectively if bought from cotonou with originals custom papers?

1 Like

Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 16, 2014
ovkie:

Oh wow! 80-100k for a c320 engine? That's very reasonable...cheaper than most jap cars. I use to think C320 was way to high in terms of cost compared to the others (how ignorant I am) I think I'm making a choice here...thanks!!!

If a toyota camry or highlander with 2AZ-FE 2.4L 4 cylinder engine crashes, you will cough between 250k-320K in Abuja to get a complete toks engine.
If a toyota or lexus with 1MZ-FE 3.3L V6 engine crashes, na Gobe be that. That price of benz engine is cheap.

1 Like

Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2014
danadam:

According to my manual, 13000 miles (20900km) or 12 months, whichever comes first.

Chai, chief one service in 1 year or 20900km which one comes 1st? Chai... How then is this expensive compared to the toyota/lexus when I'm doing 3/6months service interval?
In my lexus I spend 9K for engine oil, 2k for filter, 1K for labour. And I use to mock those folks in German cars thinking their cars are oil consumers. Now I know I've been doing myself sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Benz To Buy by Eyop: 11:41am On Sep 16, 2014
lomomike:

Chai, chief one service in 1 year or 20900km which one comes 1st? Chai... How then is this expensive compared to the toyota/lexus when I'm doing 3/6months service interval?
In my lexus I spend 9K for engine oil, 2k for filter, 1K for labour. And I use to mock those folks in German cars thinking their cars are oil consumers. Now I know I've been doing myself sad

My Oga ntorrrr tongue tongue tongue
Re: Best Benz To Buy by danadam(m): 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
lomomike:

In over 16 months of ownership, i changed the engine oil and oil filter twice. The first oil change was immediately after purchase, mobil1 was used. The second oil change was 10 months later (i actually drove close to 20,000km in 10 months) in which i switched to total 5w40. The difference in price is about a thousand naira.
engine oil... N8,000 (2) i.e. N16,000
oil filter N1,000
Labour N500
TOTAL.... N17,500
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
danadam:

In over 16 months of ownership, i changed the engine oil and oil filter twice. The first oil change was immediately after purchase, mobil1 was used. The second oil change was 10 months later (i actually drove close to 20,000km in 10 months) in which i switched to total 5w40. The difference in price is about a thousand naira.
engine oil... N8,000 (2) i.e. N16,000
oil filter N1,000
Labour N500
TOTAL.... N17,500

Don't tell me again, I'm green with envysad
Re: Best Benz To Buy by danadam(m): 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
lomomike:

Don't tell me again, I'm green with envysad

LOL.. Now the scary part. I had to change my CV joint (shaft) for N130, 000. The good thing is i've learnt to check my CV boot for any tear or opening on a monthly basis. don't wanna go through that wahala again. Overall, that car sweet die.
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Eyop: 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
danadam:

LOL.. Now the scary part. I had to change my CV joint (shaft) for N130, 000. The good thing is i've learnt to check my CV boot for any tear or opening on a monthly basis. don't wanna go through that wahala again. Overall, that car sweet die.
Oga danadam preach very well to the Mercedes haters. So many people are afraid of joining the family all because of the news they heard in the past how it consumes fuel and how pricey the parts are. Ok was it the CV boot that resulted to affecting the CV joint(shaft)? #130,000 is much oooo and is not even a brand new unit.
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
danadam:

Ghen ghen! grin mine is a toyota, its cheap in oga Nnamdi's spareparts shop grin... Oops I forgot its not a sedan, they're SUVs and one is Lexus Badged... Parts Over priced bit of either belgium or fake china parts which are utterly unreliable. Argh not again. sad
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Eyop: 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
lomomike:

Ghen ghen! grin mine is a toyota, its cheap in oga Nnamdi's spareparts shop grin... Oops I forgot its not a sedan, they're SUVs and one is Lexus Badged... Parts Over priced bit of either belgium or fake china parts which are utterly unreliable. Argh not again. sad

So Oga what are you saying? Are you joining the club grin
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
Eyop:

So Oga what are you saying? Are you joining the club grin

For now, I don't do Sedans. Maybe someday later. I dislike 97-05 merc ML their design theme seem like boots on wheels. I prefer 2013 ML but let their price ease a bit, maybe I'd consider them. For now my humble RX and my highlander is sufficient but not sporty.
Re: Best Benz To Buy by danadam(m): 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
Eyop:
Oga danadam preach very well to the Mercedes haters. So many people are afraid of joining the family all because of the news they heard in the past how it consumes fuel and how pricey the parts are. Ok was it the CV boot that resulted to affecting the CV joint(shaft)? #130,000 is much oooo and is not even a brand new unit.

I first noticed that the boot was opened and the grease leaked out during a change of brake pads (N5,000), so the mecho added some grease and sealed it back. I started hearing that annoying clicking sound months later only for me to check and discover the boot opened with some elements of sand inside. I had to change sha, I hate that sound it makes. Infact, I don't wanna hear any abnormal sound from my ride. I also make sure I don't have any messages on my instrument cluster, it gives me a sense of joy when I see "no messages" on my display.
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Eyop: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
lomomike:

For now, I don't do Sedans. Maybe someday later. I dislike 97-05 merc ML their design theme seem like boots on wheels. I prefer 2013 ML but let their price ease a bit, maybe I'd consider them. For now my humble RX and my highlander is sufficient but not sporty.
Ok then smiley
Re: Best Benz To Buy by Eyop: 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
danadam:

I first noticed that the boot was opened and the grease leaked out during a change of brake pads (N5,000), so the mecho added some grease and sealed it back. I started hearing that annoying clicking sound months later only for me to check and discover the boot opened with some elements of sand inside. I had to change sha, I hate that sound it makes. Infact, I don't wanna hear any abnormal sound from my ride. I also make sure I don't have any messages on my instrument cluster, it gives me a sense of joy when I see "no messages" on my display.
With this standard of maintenance,i bet you that your benz will last for a very very long time. Do keep it up smiley
Re: Best Benz To Buy by danadam(m): 11:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
Eyop:
With this standard of maintenance,i bet you that your benz will last for a very very long time. Do keep it up smiley

Thanks.... will surely do.

1 Like

Re: Best Benz To Buy by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
lomomike:

I catch you oh lol!
Re: Best Benz To Buy by buorofred: 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
i also live in benin, i drive c200 4cylinder, i was to by mech that the engine for c200 cannot be more than 35k in the market when it goes bad
Re: Best Benz To Buy by tonie123: 1:18am On Oct 29, 2015
A big thank you to every one that has commented here, you guys really opened my eyes..... I thought maintenance for a toyota is way cheaper than that of a benz..

I am about getting my first car, and I am very confuse, don't know which to go for (benz c320 or toyota camry 2007 or08)

I will also like to know cost of gear box and shock absorber for both car ( benz c320 and toyota camry 2007)

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? / NAICOM Increases Third-party Vehicle Insurance From N5000 To N15,000 / Radiator Fan Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.