Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Online Passport Application System - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Online Passport Application System (1259 Views)

Greencard/us Passport Application Issues, Please Advise Now / Questions About New E-passport Application Process / Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Passport Application System by Ilelobola: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2008
Is anyone having any success with the new Nigerian Passport application website? We’ve been trying for ages and there is no luck! It keeps saying payment has not been received when we have confirmation from Google payments that payment has been received. We need printed receipt from the website to present to the Nig High Commission in London but we can’t get that.

I just called the Lagos helpline number and the guy acknowledged they’d received payment, gave me a new reference number but guess what, he gave me someone else’s details! They have a list on their website of people who can now go and claim refunds for over payment and they have all there reference numbers and ID on the site such that anyone else can easily get their details. What is the Nigerian government doing to counter ID fraud? Only yesterday there was a programme “Dispatches” where they inferred that Nigerian youngsters are stealing credit card details to buy goods. Ok, so it happens in Nigeria but it is not unique to Nigerians. I do not hear the Nigerian High Commission asking for an apology, not sure they understand what they are here for.

Anyway, back to the main reason for my post, is it by force that they should have online system, do we have to copy everything other countries are doing even if we cannot make it work! I am super frustrated and at this rate will be eligible to apply for UK citizenship before we get Nigerian passports.
Re: Online Passport Application System by dgb4(m): 11:52am On Oct 29, 2008
GET YOUR E-PASSPORT WITHIN 3 DAYS IN PORT HARCOURT
CALL CHUKS ON 08063448853 OR email jarret4all@yahoo.com
Re: Online Passport Application System by Ilelobola: 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2008
Thanks for the offer but we're applying from the UK. If the old passport was still valid, it probably would have been easier to go to Nigeria to get a new one!

(1) (Reply)

International Students – Post Work Student Visa / Conference Visa,tourist Visa Or Business Visa? / Qatar Work Permit Visa And Get Job Upon Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.