Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Real Talk About Why You Are Not Getting What You Want. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Real Talk About Why You Are Not Getting What You Want. (437 Views)

We Talk About Career. What Influences Your Career Choice? / Learn How To Get Them To Want You; Getting What You Want & Feeling Good / The Only Reason Why You Are Not Getting Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Talk About Why You Are Not Getting What You Want. by donogaga(m): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2014
The truth is, many people want to tell you what to do. How to be. What to say. And how to say it. They want to tell you when you’re doing great and when you’re messing up. They want to make sure you are successful, but not too successful.

There are literally billions of opinions in the world. There are as many opinions as there are people. In fact, there are more opinions then there are people because many of us are carrying around the opinions of those who have passed on.

And the problem with these opinions is that they can totally distract and detract us from our dreams.

We want to be liked.
We want those we love to feel good.

What at what expense?

Far to often we allow our greatness, our unique gift, our true purpose to be put on hold for the sake of others.

Let me tell you that life isn’t waiting. Each day it ticks by. Each day time flies.

And time won’t wait for you to believe in yourself.

This is something that many people learn later in life. And it’s a top regret.

But – you and I – we can skip having to wait any longer.

How?

Many a list of the 5 people whose opinion matters most to you.

Who are they? Mom. Dad. Brother. Sister. Significant other. Friend.

Are they alive or dead? Doesn’t matter.

Then write out what they would want for you. How big would they want you to shine? What would they want you to do and not do? What parts of you do they praise and what parts do they tell to keep quite, or to keep under wraps?

Then – if they weren’t here and it was just us – what would you choose to do?

On behalf of your dreams, I behoove you not to start making excuses. No matter what your life circumstance – there are people who are in the same or worse circumstances who made it through.

You see – the Universe wants to hook you up. But if you are too busy arguing with me about your limitations – that can’t happen.

So drop the limiting beliefs for a moment – and just wonder with me. Be playful with me. Have fun with me. Dream with me.

If the opinion of others didn’t matter – what would you do?

Then, get laser focused on that. If there are things that get in the way – re-prioritize. Get creative. Find people who have been in the same or worse situations and do what they did.

Take advice from people who have created the life that you want.

And then get hungry. Go after it. Without any looking back and total faith that the Universe wants to hook you up. See setbacks as lessons. See failure as lessons. See mistakes as lessons. And know that what you want or something greater is on the way.

Serve others. Get over yourself. Face your deepest fears. Don’t argue for your limitations. Become an expert in curiosity.

Then – watch what magic comes.

Lots of LOVE,

OG!!!

P.S. Take what resonates and leave the rest.

(1) (Reply)

Peachtree (sage 50) Certificate Training / Practical Instrumentation And Control Training @pbplus Oil And Gas Learning Hub! / Flow Station Production Process Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.