Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,726 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Man City To Loan Out Iheanacho In January - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man City To Loan Out Iheanacho In January (770 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line Up Vs Milan, Scores A Goal / Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man City To Loan Out Iheanacho In January by manuch(m): 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nigeria youngster Kelechi Iheanacho will be sent out on loan in January by EPL champions Manchester City.
“He will go on loan in January,” revealed a top Manchester City official.

However, the official would not divulge the destination of the exciting Nigeria U20 star.

Speculations have been rife he could be shipped out to City’s affiliate New York City FC in the MLS.
Incidentally, Iheanacho is back in Nigeria recuperating from a hamstring injury he picked up after City’s pre-season tour of the United States of America.
He is expected back in England at the end of next month, when he is expected to sign a professional contract as he would clock 18 on October 3.

Iheanacho, who was voted the MVP of last year’s FIFA U17 World Cup in UAE, shone at the recent pre-season tour of the US of English Premier League champions, scoring three goals.

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has hailed the Nigeria starlet as the future of the EPL champions.
"We have new players. ...Kelechi is just 17 years old and he’s a very important player for us in the future,” Pellegrini remarked.
"He demonstrated (vs Kansas City) what he can do in the future. It depends on the way he takes this profession, but I think he’s a good talent."

Iheanacho’s coach at U17 and U20 Nigeria teams, Manu Garba, further remarked: “He is a highly promising talent and Nigeria could really get a lot out of him even at this stage of his career.

“Personally, I believe he is more talented than most of the top stars at Manchester City, who are only more experienced than he is.
“I’m yet to see a player of his age who can score goals around the 18-yard box with such class and composure like he does.
“In training with the U17s, he often scores four, five goals. I’m therefore not surprised that more people are now talking about him.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man City To Loan Out Iheanacho In January by jnrbayano(m): 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Good!

It will give the lad much needed football time and the experience that comes with it.
Re: Man City To Loan Out Iheanacho In January by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
I wonder how. Manchester City is short of attackers. With Guidetti getting his transfer approved, Manchester City is left with Iheanacho as the forth striker. That is after his work permit is gotten.
Re: Man City To Loan Out Iheanacho In January by terzurum5(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Why can't they loan him out to other clubs in England like Middlesbrough and others that are a tough nut to crach in the championship?
I doubt if Mancity really has good plans for this guy

1 Like

Re: Man City To Loan Out Iheanacho In January by easyelliot(m): 12:23am On Sep 05, 2014
terzurum5: Why can't they loan him out to other clubs in England like Middlesbrough and others that are a tough nut to crach in the championship?

Abi....MLS is a good league but it is a semi retirement league, Nacho should be loaned to a team in Europe so he can grow and develop.....man city pls don't ruin his career.......
Re: Man City To Loan Out Iheanacho In January by Nobody: 1:29am On Sep 05, 2014
terzurum5: Why can't they loan him out to other clubs in England like Middlesbrough and others that are a tough nut to crach in the championship?
NAWAO
I WAS ABOUT SAYING THAT BRO
U.S LEAGUE WILL ONLY KILL D YOUNG LAD BECAUSE ITS A SLOW AND WEAK LEAGUE
THEY WAN KILL DAT GUY FOR US LIKE MIKEL, HE SHOULD HAV MOVED TO PORTO WHEN HE HAD D CHANCE
HE WOULD HAVE PARTAKE IN DIZ UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE NOW sad

(1) (Reply)

Valencia Defender Does Ninja Goal Line Clearance(photo!) / This Midfielder Gives Chelsea Stability - But He's Not In The First Team. / Your Take, Keshi Stays Or Leave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.