Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... (746 Views)

Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Nigeria's National Anthem In Yoruba Language / Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2014
It was disheartening to hear that a girl who wrote Post utme for Law, and got below the cutoff mark for law, was asked to choose between Teacher Education,Yoruba, and French. She chose Teaching Education.Rhe man who told me was like he advice to do that because 'What can she do with those language?'
I was like ''see opportunity''.
This girl would have gotten opportunity to go to teach the whites In abroad,and Indians also how to speak yoruba-because they are desperately trying to study it...
She would get automatic opportunites to work in media houses. She would get lot of chances.. I heard of a company that is now sponsoring Yoruba language projects...
What of french?...
Please if you are out there and you are giving options of Language opt for it...Especially students of University of Ibadan.
Re: She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... by jummy604: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2014
Yea i agree language is now in vogue,be it chinese,eng,yor,french i just hate teachng
Re: She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... by bigfrancis21: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
What stops you yourself from going to study Yoruba and teaching the language abroad? Why the needless lamenting over someone else's choice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... by pleep(m): 12:48am On Sep 06, 2014
OP is a mugu
Re: She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 06, 2014
bigfrancis21: What stops you yourself from going to study Yoruba and teaching the language abroad? Why the needless lamenting over someone else's choice?
I'm studyin linguistics and I know what it means
Re: She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 06, 2014
pleep: OP is a mugu
how do you know I
a
Man
Using
Great
Understanding...

You must b a prophet
Re: She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... by StarFlux: 8:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
I dey wonder o.

Yoruba is a big language in development. The problem as it is now is that we are seeing an increase in people abandoning their language. Imagine being able to go abroad and teach your tongue which you have known from birth to other people - what an opportunity.

These are youths without ambition, unable to see through this narrow minded scope Nigeria has crafted for itself and its people. O ma se o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYQE08sJ57s
Re: She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language... by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Did u say TEACHER EDUCATION

I haven't heard of such course,though I understood d post

(1) (Reply)

Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say / Why Dont Nigerian Musicians Praise Politicians, Sport Stars, Actors In Der Songs / Will The Father Also Bow Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.