Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say (749 Views)

Inner Look At The Igbo People, Do Igbo "Culture" Really Exist? / Do White People Yab Each Other The Way Black People Do To Each Other? / Learn To Speak Chinese Language Within One Month! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say by Unbias: 3:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
I will outline three which I can remember for now-

THANK YOU/THANKS
Even though our aim of doing good shouldn't be to show off and enslave beneficiaries with incessant appreciation, we are happy and encouraged to continue our act of kindness when people respond to our good gestures by saying 'Thank You'.

Unfortunately many don't learn to say Thank You and many others think its enough to say it once. Some opine its only big gifts or notable acts of kindness that deserve repeated appreciation. Learn to say Thank You without weighing the good people do to you first, as long as its a kind act.

SORRY
This is a word many people mostly men do not want to say or say at the wrong time. The word Sorry is so powerful; it can unite nations and able to destroy empires. Sorry can sheathe sword and restore serenity. This word can build homes and also capable of razing homes to the foundation. Put aside your ego and say sorry when its needed.

I LOVE YOU
There is need to reassure our loved ones that we care and are there for them. Saying this to some people is enough to make their day. Learn to say I love you often to the right people.

Pls add other words/phrases you can think of

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
Also
PLEASE, when seeking a favour, help, or any other form of indulgence, and

EXCUSE ME when you are about to intrude on some ones space, conversation, time, e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
MAY I?
When you want to take or use something that someone else may be using, have in possession.

PLEASE
When you nead to indulge a person, a favour

EXCUSE ME
Before inconveniencing some one, intruding into their space, time etc.

1 Like

Re: Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say by Funjosh(m): 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
Yes and No
Re: Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 07, 2014
Funjosh:
Yes and No
So true. Especially No.
Re: Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 07, 2014
Hi / How are you?
Great strangers that you seek information from first.

I do not know of other places in Africa but it is important to greet the door man or guard when visiting a place. You may just end up needing information from him/her and they take it personally when ignored.
Re: Important Words People Do Not Learn To Often Say by Unbias: 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
muafrika:
Hi / How are you?
Great strangers that you seek information from first.

I do not know of other places in Africa but it is important to greet the door man or guard when visiting a place. You may just end up needing information from him/her and they take it personally when ignored.

(1) (Reply)

First Salary Of Children In Western Culture / Why Dont Nigerian Musicians Praise Politicians, Sport Stars, Actors In Der Songs / Abacha Deserves To Be Honoured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.